Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
# 21
11-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
Show your math, please.

Prior to S7 a lot of players complained about grinding for months without seeing prototype salvage or tech. One member of my fleet, a lifetimer since day one, was grinding STFs since he hit VA 2 months after launch, and has NEVER managed to win an Mk XII piece.

The randomness was simply too much, and to him the ability to buy the stuff after working at it for a while is the best thing to happen since his first Veteran award.

Is it too much grind for you (and some others)? Maybe. But you can't please everyone, and only time will tell if these decisions pleased the most (or most important) sections of the playerbase.
Me I get set XII of all my klingon caracters. I play over 130 Cure for sec. protoweapon on one caracter, but i get it. If you like to help players with bed luck you coud make available set XII for a reasonable amount of EDC. This sopose to be a game and fun . I dont like it became a full time job. I spent time with one caracter to get full set XII then i made a new one. Now I must start work again with 4 of them to built a reputation sistem. I dont like the new sistem. Set XII help you at ground and ground is dead, so why i work like a slave to get something i never use in actual condition.A lot of mission are dead, ground mostly. I am happy i dont buy a life subscription.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,986
# 22
11-16-2012, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
You are not making any points

What would the problem have been keeping stf and having a rep system and having the ground sets on the c-store

(I assume that's what you mean when you say "the old system sucked")

From where I am sitting my rewards from stf got nucked from up to what 6000 k dil to max 980, PLUS all drops of items.

That's a 600 % decrease in rewards for what, you get access to the ground set you gave up on ?

Even so it's still the same question, why couldn't people like you, simply buy the set on the c-store while the rest of got to keep our stf's.
Why would I want to pay for it in the C store what would be the point in that.

I'm not talking about dilithium, I never used STF's for it never needed too, nor do I need them now for dilithium.

I'm talking about doing 1000 STF's and no MK XII item, but someone else might have done 5 and got the full set.

and they did not take away your STFs they are still there plus 2 more.


Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,405
# 23
11-16-2012, 02:35 AM
I do actually, they said their average user spends more than 3 hours per session and play multiple times a week.

Which is enough to cover weeks worth of marks, so yes, yes I do.
Add to that they don't have anything else to do after stf got nuked.

Anyway you overshot but 1/3 of the actual amount, I guess you heard 3 months somewhere but there is the math.

Even moreso, with those numbers you will have time to level several characters through the rep system.

But that aside when someone asks for a number and especially in this here case they want to know exactly how long it takes, naturally
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 960
# 24
11-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elerium238 View Post
If you like to help players with bed luck you coud make available set XII for a reasonable amount of EDC. This sopose to be a game and fun . I dont like it became a full time job.
Yes, and then the people who ran ESTF 3000000+ times to get the drops they need would cry and cry about how ESTFs are now pointless since you can buy everything with EDC.

I'm not saying the rep system is better automatically. Obviously not everyone is happy with it, but I am saying that one friend of mine can now get something that he wasn't blessed with the luck to receive before. It's good for him. If it's good for you, yay. If not, sorry. Maybe they'll roll it back when the whining gets too loud to handle.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,684
# 25
11-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
I do actually, they said their average user spends more than 3 hours per session and play multiple times a week.

Which is enough to cover weeks worth of marks, so yes, yes I do.
Add to that they don't have anything else to do after stf got nuked.

Anyway you overshot but 1/3 of the actual amount, I guess you heard 3 months somewhere but there is the math.

Even moreso, with those numbers you will have time to level several characters through the rep system.

But that aside when someone asks for a number and especially in this here case they want to know exactly how long it takes, naturally
Because work and sleep wont get in the way? i lost about 5 hours tonight simply because of the timezone today.

because no one will run store unlocks or just not play for a few days? everyone will be logged on, just in time to fire off the next project with exactly the right amount of EC to buy the items, marks to fill the project because everyone plays in exactly the same way? is that what you believe?

the average player will take more than the 2 months required because other unlocks, and life will get in the way so i added some grace period.

fine if nothing else in your life gets in the way it will take 2 months. for the average person it will take 'like 3 months'

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,405
# 26
11-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Why would I want to pay for it in the C store what would be the point in that.

I'm not talking about dilithium, I never used STF's for it never needed too, nor do I need them now for dilithium.

I'm talking about doing 1000 STF's and no MK XII item, but someone else might have done 5 and got the full set.

and they did not take away your STFs they are still there plus 2 more.
Hmm, you said stf sucks but you don't use them and don't want the sets, so what's your point again ?
If you don't care about stf why even say anything, "stf sucks!" well you are not using them remember.

All the more the same point again, since you weren't even using them, you should feel absolutely nothing if I still get to stf, amirite.
And since you don't care about the sets either we wouldn't even have to put them on the store for you.
So what would be the problem, exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
Honestly? I don't have one.

... but acting like we automatically know better just because we can't see the direct benefit to ourselves from our own narrow, self-interested perspective (nothing wrong with self-interest, mind you) helps no one.
So it's just your intuition telling you which way is north on this one ?

Well if you remember they removed the dil cost from the reputation system aswell as rolled back the total cut of dil from stf.
So all that complaining did actually help in a very concrete way out here in really away from your gut feeling.
And also proved they aren't all ecompassing game masters you think they are, when they can roll out changes that crash the community only to roll them back a day later like they weren't really essential to the game afterall...

/edit

ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post

fine if nothing else in your life gets in the way it will take 2 months. for the average person it will take 'like 3 months'
I never said that and I never said I will get it done in 2 months.

The average player however, the typical player puts in enough time to have it running constantly, yes.

And the question was how long does the system take and that's under 2 months, not 3.

Last edited by vestereng; 11-16-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,986
# 27
11-16-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Hmm, you said stf sucks but you don't use them and don't want the sets, so what's your point again ?
If you don't care about stf why even say anything, "stf sucks!" well you are not using them remember.

All the more the same point again, since you weren't even using them, you should feel absolutely nothing if I still get to stf, amirite.
And since you don't care about the sets either we wouldn't even have to put them on the store for you.
So what would be the problem, exactly


.
I use the STF's to get MACO stuff, not dilithium.

I like the new system, I don't have to burn myself out if I want mark 12 MACO gear for my alts now...I don't have to carry players who are bad, and watch them get the tech drop....it's not a perfect system, but it's better than the old system.


Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 908
# 28
11-16-2012, 02:50 AM
You guys still at it in regards to debating the length?

Its basically long thats about all we can say, and will take longer if you're someone like me that has a full time job, a life, & a family.

On a positive note:

This is where the advantage comes in, in regards to owning multiple characters - While the system is in the timer with one toon, I can utilize the time on another - so for me I view it that way.

But: I also understand those players with fewer that 3 to 4 alts.

Last edited by stark2k; 11-16-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 29
11-16-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post


Right back at you

100,000 points to tier 5
2800 points every 39 hours
100,000/2800=35,71 gates x 39 hours=1392,69hours/24=58,03 days to tier 5

less than 60 days is not "3 months"
I double checked the math on my post and realized that I was off because I'd forgotten to multiply number of repetitions by days. I got 72 days- 100,000/2800= 35.71 (realistically 36) x 40 hours (realistically 48 hours). That's two months and 12 days.

In practice, I don't think I'll be starting missions every 20 hours. More like every two days. So, a serious player could do it under 3 months.

I think it's fair to say that it will take "Like 3 months" or "about 3 months" for an average player.

The point of the OP is whether or not that's boring as hell and takes to long. IMHO the answer is no. Under the old system I got the 2 ship shields after playing for a month and went nearly 4 months before I got my ground set. By the time I got the ground set I said, "oh good I'm done." Now I have a 100% chance of getting the gear, I know exactly how long it will take to do it, and I'm not forced to do missions I don't like to get it. As someone mentioned above, I also don't have to watch some idiot die 10 times because he's flying a skittles boat, press need every time, and fly away with the loot from the optional drop.

Last edited by bohiap; 11-16-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 960
# 30
11-16-2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
So it's just your intuition telling you which way is north on this one ?

Well if you remember they removed the dil cost from the reputation system aswell as rolled back the total cut of dil from stf.
So all that complaining did actually help in a very concrete way out here in really away from your gut feeling.
And also proved they aren't all ecompassing game masters you think they are, when they can roll out changes that crash the community only to roll them back a day later like they weren't really essential to the game afterall...
I never said I knew which way was north, nor did I say Cryptic was making the right decision, or that it was infallible.

I simply don't know enough to say either way. All I was saying, and all I ever said, was that they probably had their reasons for the decision, reasons that we as players can't always see clearly (or even empathize with). Players rightly want what's best for themselves, but sadly, what's best for themselves isn't always what's best for the game at large.

Never did I tell anyone to stop questioning their decisions or posting feedback or complaining, I just asked that they keep perspective, rather than immediately assume that the devs were out to screw them over or were ignoring their pleas because surely the customer is always right.

Cryptic backed down over the feedback. Great! That means they were listening. Keep telling them what you want, and if they agree that it will help the game overall (and not just the vocal minority butthurt about losing an easy farming opportunity), then maybe they'll listen.

Last edited by unangbangkay; 11-16-2012 at 02:58 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:18 AM.