# 1871
11-15-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/swto...05,89,62,7,166

item list including real money costs to them via the wishlist
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Ensign
# 1872
11-15-2012, 03:54 PM
dont forget ships in sto cost money also if you CDer spent as much time talking crap like swtor this that and thinking of way to make sto better and not like when sto take youre dilithium away from stfs then add sum of it back you say TY cryptic ty for takeing my income away and giveing it back sto would be a great game and not a sub par game

Last edited by shaddam01; 11-15-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Rihannsu
# 1873
11-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddam01 View Post
dont forget ships in sto cost money also.
No, not all ships in STO cost money, only Zen Store ships cost money and people make due with those ships.

STO offers everything that can get people playing the games, there are "conveniences" like more inventory slots, more DOFF slots but nothing that cripples or scares away the players.

Things that is eventually a must get is the EC Cap limit but that is due to how inflated things are and this come from Subscription's days, not F2P and when its a must get will vary, I only recently reached the 10 million limit because that Character payed in EC for its Borg Eng BO and another of my characters Borg Eng BO from the exchange.

For all your crying about Dilithium I am going to point out before Season 6 the only thing Dilithium was good for was to get Cryptic Points (now Zen point), now were exactly did we used those Cryptic points in for? Thats right ... the Cryptic/Zen Store.

Besides in no way the Dilithium sinks are mandatory yet, if you dont want to spend on the Fleet then dont and yes, they are used on the Omega store now but I would ask were exactly were you when I grinded my way to my Mk XII sets? if you have the sets then why this is a problem now? if you dont ... well sucks and as much I would like to see the Dilithum cost from the Omega Store removed if they did it and also removed STF Dilithium rewards you would not see me complain about it.
Ensign
# 1874
11-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, not all ships in STO cost money, only Zen Store ships cost money and people make due with those ships.

For all your crying about Dilithium I am going to point out before Season 6 the only thing Dilithium was good for was to get Cryptic Points (now Zen point), now were exactly did we used those Cryptic points in for? Thats right ... the Cryptic/Zen Store.
show me where i have been crying about Dilithium dont put words there and say i said them!!!!!

and point was you pay for stuff in sto and you want a good ship you will have to buy and dont give me that stuff they are just as good as the one you get more or less free because that is crap
Captain
# 1875
11-16-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm personally very disappointed by SWTOR F2P model. Will have hard time to bring my friends to try and enjoy the game with such severe restriction. And I won't sub, only to be left there alone.

I often critize Cryptics F2P greed with lockbox trash and inflation of overpowered ships with each month...but the grass is not that greener elsewhere.
Captain
# 1876
11-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Wow. That's some list. That looks like a complete nightmare to play as a F2P player.

And that, my friend, is where personal preference comes into play.

I've looked at that list, and at the things the store offers, and ended up thinking "hm, I'd like to buy at least something, to support their decision and all, but there's nothing there that I'd really want.

I've installed the trial version last week, loaded up on alts, so I've now got 8 out of 2 character slots filled, with 8 different races. So far, the 2 quickslot bars have been enough for me (highest level 11, so far, so maybe later I'll see a need), I hardly ever die, so that restriction seems moot, and you unlock sprint at some point anyway, though you can fast travel from the very beginning (via discoverable waypoint system).

For me, there really is no need to buy anything from the store in order to improve on the gameplay experience. Then again, I play it as I did KotOR 1 and 2, mostly, and entirely for the storylines.

Maybe I'll grab me some inventory space, at some point, but tbh, with companions that can sell your crap for you, even that isn't really essential.
Captain
# 1877
11-16-2012, 02:46 AM
I'd probably sub for a month, go in, create some alts (PROPERLY this time), then see how far it gets me. Would have to do that anyway as the pvp servers are going to be the first to die, and its sad that my level 30s are all on one with no character transfer option.

Probably won't buy anything except those account-wide unlocks, and maybe some lockboxes.

But the system is pretty meh, simply because it is completely pay to win. I'd totally steamroll anyone with Cartel Care gear, and so what if I can only do that 5 times a week? As such, the Operations and Flashpoint restrictions don't even matter - simply because there is nothing there worth getting compared to Cartel Care.

Yeah... STO had a MUCH better F2P transition. And even now... they still treat us quite well, compared to super-Ferengi Arts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 1878
11-16-2012, 03:05 AM
wow, played swtor yesterday evening a little. total disappointment this f2p model is! I mean not even as an ex subscriber i can use all hotbars^^
and the list goes on and on.
credit cap is 350k...wtf!
worst f2p model i have seen so far.

but still to play a toon from 1 to 60 it is a good game after that you need to pay apparently or deal with only 2 hotbars, credit cap (didn't see something to increase that without subscribing), etc...that list is really long!

again, total disappointment!
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 1879
11-16-2012, 03:19 AM
TOR is dying. But then all games start to die as soon as they are released. I think the main point though is how quickly they changed their model. A sure sign that they have an accelerated death rate. STO is actually starting to get reasonably old now and is still going strong. the F2P change was a good move and helped revive the game but it still lasted 2 years or so without the F2P model using just hard core subscribers to stay alive. TOR is soo as good as dead. Its unfortunate Galaxies had to go down before TOR took over. Like replacing a vintage mustang with a prius. Yes the prius is more up to date and gadgety but seriously its a mustang!
Long Live The Empire!
Captain
# 1880
11-16-2012, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrgeom View Post
TOR is dying. But then all games start to die as soon as they are released. I think the main point though is how quickly they changed their model. A sure sign that they have an accelerated death rate. STO is actually starting to get reasonably old now and is still going strong. the F2P change was a good move and helped revive the game but it still lasted 2 years or so without the F2P model using just hard core subscribers to stay alive. TOR is soo as good as dead. Its unfortunate Galaxies had to go down before TOR took over. Like replacing a vintage mustang with a prius. Yes the prius is more up to date and gadgety but seriously its a mustang!
Well, here's to hoping they'll just patch out the network requirement, allowing it to be played as an offline game. Would even produce some sales to cover that cost.

A guy can hope...