Captain
Does anyone know how to get the Steamrunner class while it's still for sale with Steam if we don't have a Steam account? Specifically I have never even touched Steam, and my account was converted from Cryptic to PWE. I'm not too keen about switching to Steam (and would rather avoid it if possible), but I'd still like to purchase the starter pack that brings the Steamrunner.

Also, is it an account-wide unlock? What about the starter pack bonuses (e.g. the BOffs), do we pick that up for every toon as well?

Finally are we able to reclaim both Steamrunners if we ditch them?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum; unfortunately, I don't know what would be more appropriate for it, since it's not in the Z-Store yet.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Republic Veteran
# 2
11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
It's not switching to Steam. It's still a PWE account.

Steam is a gaming platform. It has many games on it.

There is no cost for signing up for Steam, and you're not switching accounts to Steam if you choose to do so. You simply buy the pack after signing up for Steam, put in the codes on the STO site, and you get your item.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
Also, is it an account-wide unlock? What about the starter pack bonuses (e.g. the BOffs), do we pick that up for every toon as well?
Yep, I was able to claim the bundle on multiple toons,
you claim the bundle and then open it to get the goodies

Production Assistant & Art Director
Career Officer
# 4
11-16-2012, 04:52 AM
There must be something wrong, because yesterday I purchased the Steamrunner pack while it was still on sale, PayPal says the transaction has completed; steam says I have puchased the pack; I have received a confirmation e-mail of the papal transaction AND I printed the final Steam window with the purchase ID number. But I have not received any code to redeem on the STO site, and no Steam pack is listed in the Bundles tab of Cryptic store for me to claim. Any idea what the screw up is?? By the way, I have the retail version, and I also checked the My Account section on the PWE site, but no code was found. Do I have to log in to another version of the STO site to see a listed code so I can click on it and redeem it?

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 11-16-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
There must be something wrong, because yesterday I purchased the Steamrunner pack while it was still on sale, PayPal says the transaction has completed; steam says I have puchased the pack; I have received a confirmation e-mail of the papal transaction AND I printed the final Steam window with the purchase ID number. But I have not received any code to redeem on the STO site, and no Steam pack is undo the Bundles tab of Cryptic store for me to claim. Any idea what the screw up is?? By the I have the retail version, and I also checked the My Account section on the PWE site, but no code was found. Do I have to log in to another version of the STO site to see a listed code so I can click on it and redeem it?
It's not going to email you a code, you have to open up Steam and check the CD keys section of the game in your library. Copy the code there and redeem it on the PWE website. The bundle should unlock then.
Career Officer
# 6
11-16-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
There must be something wrong, because yesterday I purchased the Steamrunner pack while it was still on sale, PayPal says the transaction has completed; steam says I have puchased the pack; I have received a confirmation e-mail of the papal transaction AND I printed the final Steam window with the purchase ID number. But I have not received any code to redeem on the STO site, and no Steam pack is under the Bundles tab of Cryptic store for me to claim. Any idea what the screw up is?? By the I have the retail version, and I also checked the My Account section on the PWE site, but no code was found. Do I have to log in to another version of the STO site to see a listed code so I can click on it and redeem it?
The Code can be found in the Steam app/programm itself. Select "library" then "Star Trek Online" and then "CD Key".

Not sure whether you can get the code on the steam website.

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Career Officer
# 7
11-16-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
It's not going to email you a code, you have to open up Steam and check the CD keys section of the game in your library. Copy the code there and redeem it on the PWE website. The bundle should unlock then.
I see. But I went to thwindow where i listed my non-steam STO, but I didn't see any CD-key section. Could you possibly provide a screen shot of where that section is located??

EDIT: to backyardserenade , I just saw your post I'll look into it when I wake up thank you. ill let you know if and when I find it.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 11-16-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
I see. But I went to thwindow where i listed my non-steam STO, but I didn't see any CD-key section. Could you possibly provide a screen shot of where that section is located??

EDIT: to backyardserenade , I just saw your post I'll look into it when I wake up thank you. ill let you know if and when I find it.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/105681/__other/_STO/steam.png
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Republic Veteran
# 9
11-16-2012, 05:06 AM
It really seems more complicated than it really is. Here is what I did.

1. Bought the starter pack from steam.
2. Installed the Steam app on my computer and launched it.
3. Open store tab and fiind STO and select the play now button.
4. When it began the install of STO, right click STO and pause download.
5. Right click STO again and select view cd key and copy.
6. log onto the STO website and select My Account
7. Select Redeem Key and enter key.
8. Log onto the game and claim the pack from the C-Store bundles tab.

You can then uninstall Steam from your computer afterwards though that is not the point of the promotion.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 10
11-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
Lovely. Hopefully my key is available. (It seems odd that my purchase happened immediately, even though my paypal transactions are done with eCheques...)