Empire Veteran
# 21
11-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemack View Post
The OP is right, whoever thought of this hideous information animation should be shoveling s##t for a living.

A ridiculous and unnecessary animation that completely removes the player from any sense of immersion and enforces the fact that you are looking at a game.

More good work Cryptic.....please allow use to turn it off.
What, all the various trays showing your stats don't tell you it's a game?

Expecting immersion from an MMO with UI covering a quarter/half the screen seems to be expecting too much, imo.

And the animation isn't THAT bad, seriously. I find it rather cute, the few times I notice it (I barely register it really)
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 22
11-16-2012, 04:51 AM
Hate it.

First I was like : " WTF!! WHAT'S OFFLNE?! OMG WHAT?!!! "
Then I was like :
Then I was like : This isn't gonna go away....

It's annoying, be better if it just said " Out Of Order " or " Ya stuffed. "
Then I'd pay attention to it.
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.

I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble =3
Career Officer
# 23
11-16-2012, 05:32 AM
I really like the fx but I dislike that they are showing offline when systems aren't, and when your systems do go offline you are dead in the water with no sign.
Career Officer
# 24
11-16-2012, 06:01 AM
I'd like the option to turn the displays off, honestly. Didn't the devs figure that there are some folks who don't like that sort of thing when they had the mess with the shield rings?

Captain
# 25
11-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Hmm. Can't help but feel people are over-reacting just a little.

I've seen them, tiny words that flash for a few seconds then disappear. Hardly a game breaker.

I will get roasted for this I expect, but I'm also starting to think people are knit-picking every little fault they can find for the sake of complaining about it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
11-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
Hmm. Can't help but feel people are over-reacting just a little.

I've seen them, tiny words that flash for a few seconds then disappear. Hardly a game breaker.

I will get roasted for this I expect, but I'm also starting to think people are knit-picking every little fault they can find for the sake of complaining about it.
If you say nothing it never gets fixed and sometimes even then it never gets fixed.
Career Officer
# 27
11-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Oh ha ha...

The sad thing is that there are probably some here who after reading this, actually tried it, and are now having to download the whole game again...

Way to be a smartass...
I take it you did that?
Commander
# 28
11-16-2012, 09:51 AM
I thought it was kinda funny myself, the first time I saw it was in a borg invasion and it popped up over the command ship when I used target shields. I thought it was an error message at first about something that got broken with the patch, then realized what it was for and laughed.
Career Officer
# 29
11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I have no problem with this, although I wish there was a function to turn off ability effects, similar to how we can turn off shield rings.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 30
11-16-2012, 10:50 AM
It's hilarious on borg transwarp gates.