Career Officer
# 11
11-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
It really seems more complicated than it really is. Here is what I did.

1. Bought the starter pack from steam.
2. Installed the Steam app on my computer and launched it.
3. Open store tab and fiind STO and select the play now button.
4. When it began the install of STO, right click STO and pause download.
5. Right click STO again and select view cd key and copy.
6. log onto the STO website and select My Account
7. Select Redeem Key and enter key.
8. Log onto the game and claim the pack from the C-Store bundles tab.

You can then uninstall Steam from your computer afterwards though that is not the point of the promotion.
Found It! And now redeemed it! Woohoo!! Thank you for all the help, guys.
Career Officer
# 12
11-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Yeah you don't actually have to use steam other than the first install, start the download, pause and get the key.
Once you have done that you can uninstall it and never look back if you want.
I am sure there will be other promotions including steam eventually down the line, so it really isn't that much of a hassle to make a free account.

I only really buy games from steam nowadays, other than mmo's of course
Career Officer
# 13
11-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Seems kind of a waste on a level 50 character....the lower class version of the ship. On the other hand you can load it up with admiral gear and go out fighting just for lulz I can't wait to see what I can do with it, using my engineer. My new tactical liberated Borg - courtesy of a recent lifetime subscription purchase - could make good use of the lower class steamrunner since she is only level 29...
Republic Veteran
# 14
11-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
Seems kind of a waste on a level 50 character....the lower class version of the ship. On the other hand you can load it up with admiral gear and go out fighting just for lulz I can't wait to see what I can do with it, using my engineer. My new tactical liberated Borg - courtesy of a recent lifetime subscription purchase - could make good use of the lower class steamrunner since she is only level 29...
Keep in mind, it is the Steam Starter Pack. That is why the low level ship.
Career Officer
# 15
11-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
Seems kind of a waste on a level 50 character...
The Tier 0 version has the special console, that you can also equip on the Tier 5 steamrunner. The rest of the pack is quite neat for running a new toon, though. At least the first couple of hours (or dare I say minutes?).

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Career Officer
# 16
11-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardserenade View Post
The Tier 0 version has the special console, that you can also equip on the Tier 5 steamrunner. The rest of the pack is quite neat for running a new toon, though. At least the first couple of hours (or dare I say minutes?).
Oh that right. I forgot about the console. --- well few hours yes. Remember UFP characters start from scratch, so It take a while. At least the pack has a quantum torpedo
Career Officer
# 17
11-16-2012, 08:22 AM
I copied by 'star trek online' folder into my steam common directory, bought the Steamrunner, got the code, entered it on the website, deleted the copy 'star trek online' folder, and went back to using my game as normal.
Career Officer
# 18
11-16-2012, 09:13 AM
I know you can claim the pack on multiple characters, what I haven't had the nerve to try to confirm is if you can reclaim the ship multiple times. The overall pack tells you that it's only able to be claimed once per character, after that it's locked. What I need to do is go to the shipyard and find out if it will let me reclaim the Tier 1 ship after deleting it. That should inform whether we can reclaim the Tier 5 ship as well.

And yes, you want to open both ships. You need to get the Team Fortress console off the Tier 1 version, then move it to the Tier 5.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 19
11-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
I know you can claim the pack on multiple characters, what I haven't had the nerve to try to confirm is if you can reclaim the ship multiple times. The overall pack tells you that it's only able to be claimed once per character, after that it's locked. What I need to do is go to the shipyard and find out if it will let me reclaim the Tier 1 ship after deleting it. That should inform whether we can reclaim the Tier 5 ship as well.

And yes, you want to open both ships. You need to get the Team Fortress console off the Tier 1 version, then move it to the Tier 5.
Either ship can be reclaimed from a shipyard if its deleted. If you discharge this ship, speak to the 'Starship and Shuttle Requisitions' contact to receive another token to re-claim it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 20
11-16-2012, 10:23 AM
For some reason, I wish I had the Steamrunner, despite the fact that I don't -need- it. But this desire to collect ships (if that's what it is) will remain unfed due to the emptiness of my Steam wallet. / (there's nothing that resembles a neutral face, so I mixed two together. )
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.