Ensign
# 321
11-15-2012, 03:49 PM
i spent now a few hours in the game today ... previously i could get my daily dil cap easely and maybe a few nice drops in STFs but not anymore ... its boring and frustrating now with the ridiculous prices and reward system

I am a goner, see you in another game
Captain
# 322
11-15-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm sure the Devs have long stopped reading this thread, but anyway. Having been playing for a couple of days of this now, I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer afford to play any game mode that doesn't reward Dilithium. My STO experience has now become; log in, play the same missions over again, refine all the Dilithium, dump all the Dilithium into a project. I don't know how long I will be able to keep this up before I die of boredom.

I thought these changes were supposed to help us continue to have fun in the game? It's turned out the exact opposite for me.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 323
11-15-2012, 06:07 PM
dstahl

Bravo !
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Ensign
# 324
11-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
You might want to change those statistics. Whether it's a glitch or not I'm not sure but I just went to check this and it's showing to get 1 Very Rare it's 6000 Dilithium + 5 Rare Doffs, 3000 Dilithium for Rare and 600 for Uncommon. So either Cryptic has made a mistake or they've done this behind our backs, as I didn't see anything about this change being made. Apologies if it already has been mentioned.
I based my maths on price charged by SFA's Personnel Officer; however, following your post I double check your claims and I've noticed that Species-specific Personnel Officers - namely Vulcans, Tellarites and Andorians - charged the amount you are pointing out! Since I've been unable to find such change in the Release Notes, I think it is worth a ticket of his own!

Thank you!
Ensign
# 325
11-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
dstahl

Bravo !
He's not Bravo at all! He did an half-hearted apoligy...to mask the reality of S7 changes! Are you paid by Cryptic/PWE to spread disinformation here?

Cheers!

Edit: Correct mistype.

Last edited by veradodan; 11-16-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 326
11-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Thank you!
Ensign
# 327
11-16-2012, 12:16 AM
I am rapidly losing interest in STO, the game seems to now revolve almost entirely on earning dilithium (I will repeat this). I am a casual player with a wife, life, and job. I go F2P and have spent $$ for ships and so forth not because its necessarily cheaper, but because it suits my play style of needing to be absent from the game for extended periods. I return to S7 to find 1) Almost everything costs dilithium, substantially more than before, and 2) ways to easily earn it have been significantly diminished.

Sorry, this is to much like real life. I don't mind flipping you a few bucks here and there for a fun-to-play distraction from my real concerns, but when a few hours a day of GRINDING for in-game currency completely overshadows the attraction of new content, you've lost me.

I'm looking elsewhere for my entertainment now. No need to delete my characters and I'll check in from time to time, but Cryptic and STO can rest assured they've received my CC info for the last time. Thanks, I had fun, but it's time to move on.
Ensign
# 328
11-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Hey,
thanks for the improvement! Fantastic change... was a little depressed before that.

I do not want to be greedy or something, but could you as well enable some "loot" for STFs. I mean nothing big, just something, so that we can role the dice once more

PS: Here an edit:
read now some player feedback... yes, I can understand, that people are upset about taking it away and giving a small amount back... but I can also understand to limit the dilithium input to players... It was ERY easy to fill a few characters up to their heads with dilithium ore...
Nontheless, the problem of completing anything and the sameness of the fleet and reputation system mentioned before
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkysium View Post
I was expecting a whole new system for the rep not one that was already in place using most of the same resources(fleet). Doesn't even feel nor sound like a reputation system if you ask me. [...] Why would i want to level my character the same way i level my fleet? Too monotonous.
as well as the reduction in STFs' loot make them and a lot things a bit boring...

I do not want to curse or defame anyone, just mentioning that old things got monotonous. I liked flying STFs and earning some dilithium, energy credits and maybe some good weaponary (Borg are advanced... there could always be something nice in the wrackage, Janeway showed us!!! ) What should I do now? I just have a limited amount of Currency whether it is Dilithium or Energy Credits and in the end I cannot fill both systems... makes one sad.

STARBASE ADVANCEMENT:
I think it is a wise idea to reduce the cost of Starbase Improvement, BUT was there a need to take the fun for hunting out of it? There is no need to gather specific goods like the "Contract Bartender" from before. Yes it was a lot, but it was doable (the "Contract Chef" with the 1000 Klingon Heart of Targ was a little big and I am glad that it is not there anymore..) However is there no way in between? Now, I have to farm Dilithium and Energy Credits and the build grows... there is no fun in that. Almost every project is the same in its requirements (more or less, but it is the same) A little hunt once in a while might be invigorating for almost everyone.

I liked the new STF and the new "Borg" Sector Invasion... !!! Have to say the good things, too!

The STF needs some variable back, if I have to say anything about it. Bring the DICING back, let us role once more for the loot. Where is the greed!

Indeed, I need greed!

BASICS TO DO (according to me):
balance the efficiency of missions for their loot-time basics and people will play everything (just to mention one thing: CURE now is as hard as before and does not reward anything more or less then the other two old STFs - why not change the amount of marks to earn?) people will in the end choose the missions most effective for their in-game needs and their fun will decrease because they need things to advance while the fun will cease (if you do not advance, you won't have fun either)

make players pay a lot more reputation marks for faction advancement and reduce other things. REPUTATION IS EARNED BY DEEDS not FEES

put some variety into starbase projects to widen the field of hunt for things and not just for Energy Credits and Dilithium. This might be motivation to play the Temple Event to get some Romulan Ale.... or maybe make some missions to drop there a specific good needed for a project or make it the reward for the mission -> people will play all missions, if they need the things out of them... and the will sell these things for people who nontheless do not want to play it!

If this is the wrong place for this.... tell me, I am farely new to this forum work.
Best,
D

Last edited by spectographic; 11-16-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Career Officer
# 329 My 10 cents' worth
11-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Firstly, thankyou for listening to us and putting the Dilithium back.
I have to say I am enjoying S7 content, and new Romulus is fun.

My only concern now is ship weapons.
The loot drop in Elite STFs was one of the only sources of non borg high end Mk XII weapons.
Where will we be able to get them from now ? I know there are fleet stores, and one set of new plasma ship weapons from the Romulan reputation store. But there's a lot less likelihood of receiving nice purple Mk XII ship weapons... Is this because you're going to revamp crafting ? Just curious....
Captain
# 330
11-16-2012, 07:47 AM
am i the only one not getting dilithium from fleet events ?
Closed Thread