Lt. Commander
The Twinkie...has officially died.

Hostess has gone out of business.

It probably wont be the last Snack food Giant to fall in a confluence of a more health conscious society and crippling business laws. Buy them while you can. For they have ceased production.
Career Officer
# 2
11-16-2012, 06:28 AM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Bailout. Please. Someone. This is more important than anything.
I miss my _.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-16-2012, 06:40 AM
Judging from the shelf content at my local Walmart, they've fallen before a host of cheaper knockoff brands which are indistinguishable except by their hilariously copyright skirting names, not health conscious shopping.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-16-2012, 06:52 AM
A victory for the Unions! Another capitalist brought low by union muscle. When will those capitalist pigs learn their place, comrades.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Lieutenant
# 5
11-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Ive personally forgone the solid treats of my child hood for the liquid ones instead.although ill eat a candy bar or something every once in awhile id rather have a soft drink instead generally.but yea its sad to see such an established company fall to union thugs though.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson
Captain
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Before you blame the unions, I suggest you look up the company's court mess from earlier this year. They claim they're going bankrupt due to pensions and medical benefits, but months ago a judge found all of that to be patently false. They cut off most of their pensioners years ago, and the rest last year, and weren't providing their medical obligations since their last bankruptcy. The current strike is because employees haven't been paid in three pay periods.

The already pay some of the lowest wages of comparable businesses, they've been denying benefits for years, they don't honor their pensions, and then they stopped paying employees and tried to force them to keep working. The things they blame for the company going under they've been excused from paying by bankruptcy settlements since 2004 or they simply stopped doing of their own accord.

However, the company has been making good on a ridiculous compensation plan for executives that included two 80% annual raises and profit sharing that exceeds 100% of profits, which accounts for nearly all of their current debt. Or was, they did cut off executive salaries earlier this month, to be reinstated in January when assets are being sold off, to make sure they get their fair 118% of what's left.

Last edited by hevach; 11-16-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
11-16-2012, 09:04 AM
I've actually never had a twinkie. . . I'm almost tempted to run out and grab one for the experience of it before I can no longer do it.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 9
11-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I've actually never had a twinkie. . . I'm almost tempted to run out and grab one for the experience of it before I can no longer do it.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And i've never had a deep fried twinkie yet either. ... oh no! What am i to do now when the Zombie apocalypse happens?

Last thing i want are fit zombies to deal with!
Commander
# 10
11-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Who.... Who are you?....
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up