Career Officer
# 11
11-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Excuse me?
How is B'Tran an exploit? It was designed to give you double the dilithium. The is NO reason for the 2nd mission to exist without it as a level 50 only mission doesn't give expertise as a logical reward.

The console clicking is hard to call an exploit when they full well knew it was being done, then they added fleet marks to it. So they intentionally gave more rewards to an exploit? This is bull. The foundry itself not giving rewards is its own problem that they need to fix.

These aren't only my opinions, these are what I hear from my fleet, the non-vocal. New Romulus is dull, look at the dozens of complaints about it, run around and hitting the f button is not content. The unlocks for the reputation system (I've done 2) are not nearly as exciting as you think they are going to be, it just a very small daily quest with no real reward. You play them once and never go back.

No, they shouldn't remove people's character slots, but the first time I found out you could transfer all your dilithium to other characters my jaw dropped, its clearly exploitative, it wasn't meant to be but they do nothing about it. But is the solution to penalize everyone for those abusing the system?

We've seen rages against changes before, but this isn't a rage threat, people are demoralized and leaving, its happening if people believe it or not.

I suggested a daily log on "bonus" for characters once and close the console clicking. Many games do this, it ramps up the bonus you get over time to a certain maximum for logging in every day, it keeps people logging in and the game in their head. If they miss a day it resets to the lowest amount. Making customers feel appreciated is important, but I've never seen a game where the F2P currency is transferable
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-16-2012, 09:32 AM
This won't work for everyone, but I like. I use New Romulus as a hangout area while queued for events. I snag distress signals and nail a misson here and there.
Career Officer
# 13
11-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
I really wish people would stop bringing up this bullsnot when making their arguments "against" Season 7. You have to realize it was a series of exploits that got fixed. They've told us flat-out, time and again, that Dilithium earnings are supposed to be based on time spent playing. If you can get as much from a single 5-minute clickfest (Foundry Clickie Exploit) as running a series of missions that could take up to an hour, then it was BROKEN and needed to be fixed.
Exploits or not, the new time vs. reward equation just doesn't work for a lot of players. If anything I was convinced Cryptic let those purposevely stand to entice players to log in every day and sweeten people to impulse purchases. With those gone.... why bother anymore? FOr a good percentage if not most, the game just isn't good enough to warrant the effort being asked of players now. If this is not changed I think we'll see a drop in the playerbase, and of those that remain, fewer will want to invest (spend ca$h) in such a low return system.

Quote:
Don't complain about having your earnings potential stripped away - you were exploiting a failure in their system. Which they have now fixed. You're wasting your time complaining about that, and not acknowledging that it was a long-overdue FIX just smacks of entitlement and greed.
While I cannot speak for others I see nothing wrong for acting entitled when facing a BUSINESS. Remember, they are out for your money, why shouldn't YOU be trying to get VALUE out of your time/money. Isn't "Greed" a company's duty and obligation? Why should players be different? If anything players are constantly forgiving and understanding when they shouldn't be, for me the greed balance is clearly leaning towards Cryptic's side.

Quote:
As for New Romulus having "nothing to do"? Are you mental? I've already spent hours there, and am only like halfway thru the missions. And then there's the Reputation-based mission unlocks that I'll have to come back and experience as I progress thru that system.
I can honestly say I've not dropped by New Romulues yet, Defera was alright but Nukara has left a bad taste in my mouth for "ground action zones". I'll get to it eventually but I'm just not excited about it, and I haven't even been by yet! How sad is it we've come to that?
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
11-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Excuse me?
How is B'Tran an exploit? It was designed to give you double the dilithium. The is NO reason for the 2nd mission to exist without it as a level 50 only mission doesn't give expertise as a logical reward.

The console clicking is hard to call an exploit when they full well knew it was being done, then they added fleet marks to it. So they intentionally gave more rewards to an exploit? This is bull. The foundry itself not giving rewards is its own problem that they need to fix.
B'Tran was an exploit because you could get a large amount of dilithium faster than anywhere else for less effort.

The foundry daily was set up to encourage people to play foundry missions, which is why they gave the dilithium and fleet marks for it. When people started doing the clickies that went against the spirit of what it was intended for. They added the marks for those who were doing it as it was intended. The clickie people just happened to get a bonus.

It seems you want everything immediately for little or no effort. That's not the way the game should be played, nor is it the way the game is going. If people leave, as you intimate they will, I hardly think that will be the end of the game. I think the new systems will strengthen the game in the long term and provide a solid foundation from which new content can be built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
While I cannot speak for others I see nothing wrong for acting entitled when facing a BUSINESS. Remember, they are out for your money, why shouldn't YOU be trying to get VALUE out of your time/money. Isn't "Greed" a company's duty and obligation? Why should players be different? If anything players are constantly forgiving and understanding when they shouldn't be, for me the greed balance is clearly leaning towards Cryptic's side.
You're 100% right that all players should try to get the most value for their time and money. I think, however, that a lot of players are trying to get that value by trying to steer the game in directions it's just not going to go. I think the best way that a player can get best value is control the amount of time and money they spend.

That may mean people leave, but that's the way it is with MMOs.

Last edited by darramouss1; 11-16-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Ensign
# 15
11-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I think it's important that people distinguish between Season 7 and the removal of the foundry daily clickie and the removal of the double-dip B'Tran cluster. Both of these were exploits that weren't meant to be in the game.

Season 7 in New Romulus, Embassies and Reputation.

No offense but this is BS. If it was not intended they would have removed it straight away like they just did with the private fleet queues.
Commander
# 16
11-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
I think it's important that people distinguish between Season 7 and the removal of the foundry daily clickie and the removal of the double-dip B'Tran cluster. Both of these were exploits that weren't meant to be in the game.

Season 7 in New Romulus, Embassies and Reputation.
They were "exploits" that were part of the game for ages. Typically a game company will close exploits ASAP. These were in the game for so long they became part of the fabric of player expectation and allowed Season 6 to be acceptable to the population.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
11-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Don't complain about having your earnings potential stripped away - you were exploiting a failure in their system. Which they have now fixed. You're wasting your time complaining about that, and not acknowledging that it was a long-overdue FIX just smacks of entitlement and greed.
You're right, pantsmaster. This is entitlement and greed. People want everything for nothing and when they either don't get it or something changes that they don't like this is the result.
Commander
# 18
11-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
B'Tran was an exploit because you could get a large amount of dilithium faster than anywhere else for less effort.
Oh please, you had to fly out the ass end of nowhere, then you might luck out and get the easy randoms, but most likely you have to kill 6 waves of ships, or run around a planet trying to find a tiny glowing rock, or my favorite, the heavy fog planet with a satellite piece under the ground with only a tiny blip showing. It took a good amount of time.
Commander
# 19
11-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
You're right, pantsmaster. This is entitlement and greed. People want everything for nothing and when they either don't get it or something changes that they don't like this is the result.
Tell us about the 47%! And moocher societies!
Captain
# 20
11-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
WE spent TIME on it. Face it man S7 is a failure. ADMIT IT, stop defending the indefensible.