Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,542
# 11
11-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgygringo View Post
The whole no change to the borg thing is an outright lie, and pretty insulting to the playerbase to say so.
It's also insulting to speak for the whole playerbase without our permission. It's just as insulting to assume what you have to say is what we want to say. It's also insulting to the borg how pathetic they've been ever since their introduction. And the final insult is to then complain when they are finally where they should have been to begin with.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 955
# 12
11-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
It's also insulting to speak for the whole playerbase without our permission. It's just as insulting to assume what you have to say is what we want to say. It's also insulting to the borg how pathetic they've been ever since their introduction. And the final insult is to then complain when they are finally where they should have been to begin with.
Didn't you know? Every single player is, by himself, a representative of the entire player base and all gamers the world over. And when that player doesn't get what he wants, NO ONE is getting what they want, obviously.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,542
# 13
11-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
Didn't you know? Every single player is, by himself, a representative of the entire player base and all gamers the world over. And when that player doesn't get what he wants, NO ONE is getting what they want, obviously.
Right, I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 395
# 14
11-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Someone asked me to write a critical review and explain why I am totally disappointed with PW and the last changes. Well, I'll try... I know my english is not good but I will try, please forgive me if something will be hard to understand.

Lets start talking about server's performance. In the last days I am experimenting lag, so much lag that is really hard to play and some time I am also forced to log out. Lag is not a news and with season 7 it's being inacceptable, I pay a recurring subscription, like many players, other player have payed a LT subscription.. I think the first goal of PW should be give us a good server with good performace, not only some bank/inventory/characters slot more. Also, contents are important but useless too if the server do not work well, how can I enjoy season 7 if I can't play?

The game has several bugs. Ok no one is perfect and a big project like STO is complicated, but some bugs are really old: supercritical hits from borgs, the tractor beam repulsor bug (it's not funny to see player that destroy you in 2-3 seconds using TBR... even if you have full shields and hul).
Red allerts often do not works (at least a one year old bug), you often enter in a map and forced to leave because there is nothing to do.
Moreover I have the feeling that season 7 wasn't tested enough: one of my char can't play fleet action, everytime I try I get a ?leave map button?; because of another bug PW has disabled private queues and you know how depressing is playing a ?random? (or a ?optional failed?) stf.
But the most annoying problem is that season 6 and season 7 have changed STO in a way it's being a new job. You need refined dilithium to complet fleet projects, to buy items, get new doff, convert doffs in better doffs (and the ridiculous is that is less expensive buying green/blue/purple doffs from ferra or white from fleet base), but dilithium rewards in stf and daylies have been reduced. you have to spend a lot of time to get enough dilithium. Moreover new projects require also EC to buy commodities and also items loot have been reduced. It's not over... you also need romulan marks, omega marks and fleet marks... For each of this item you have to play different quests, for each of your toons. If you can play only 2 hour every day this system penalize you a lot and changes a funny game in a new job (that you pay because of your subscription).
What is worst is that PW fist sold me/you slots to create more toons, then PW changes the game so that using more toons is really difficult.
If you think ?buy zen point and sell them for dilithium and EC?, think also that if players have no dilithium and EC, you can't sell them. Moreover, I can pay a subscription and some items from the store but I do not want to pay hundreds of euro to play STO... the game is nice, but not so nice.

Season 7 could be nice and funny, but at the moment is a new job, there are old bugs and there is a loot of lag... some ideas seems have no logic and sometimes the game is vague, contorted...
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 265
# 15
11-16-2012, 02:57 AM
To those that claim nothing in game mechanics has changed and the Borg are still the same before the Season patch,you are seriously mistaken.They are much stronger than before,I did Infected Space Elite yesterday,even though the team did the 10% rule,we couldn't kill the Borg in a reasonable amount of time,as we were dying from +50K critical hits at full shields and health!ISE is the easiest of all the STF's on Elite,done the mission hundreds of times without even dying once,and now Spheres are ably to kill me by just spitting at me.RIDICULOUS!!!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,555
# 16
11-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
To those that claim nothing in game mechanics has changed and the Borg are still the same before the Season patch,you are seriously mistaken.They are much stronger than before,I did Infected Space Elite yesterday,even though the team did the 10% rule,we couldn't kill the Borg in a reasonable amount of time,as we were dying from +50K critical hits at full shields and health!ISE is the easiest of all the STF's on Elite,done the mission hundreds of times without even dying once,and now Spheres are ably to kill me by just spitting at me.RIDICULOUS!!!
those hits exist since season 5.
anyway, yeah the borg do feel a little stronger. didn't feel it in my oddy, but in my escorts. especially the plasma dot seems stronger. never saw it stack to 4 before, now it never is less than 2.
anyway, it is manageable. Not really a gamebreaker in my opinion...just a little harder.
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 928
# 17
11-16-2012, 07:47 AM
But not at this frequency. After a couple of deaths I could still do the optional before S7. now not the case.the devs should actually PLAY this game. then they might understand the problems
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
# 18
11-16-2012, 08:01 AM
I just wanted to say that PW needs to open a secondary player server because there are to many server not responding issues. And dont say its my internet connection cause I ahve already tested it and my internet connection is running fine. In fact i have an online gaming package from my internet company. So my connection is fine. You just have too many bugs and server issues . Perhaps opening a second or 3rd server base for players might be areal good idea and might clear up some of the bugs which are mostly cause by server and information over load.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 19
11-16-2012, 08:09 AM
They probably FEEL stronger because most people went from a 3pc borg set to a 2pc borg set because of the patch.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,651
# 20
11-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
It's also insulting to make unproved statements without concrete evidence.
You mean like when Cryptic has to be shown video proof to get something is actually wrong? Because they can't replicate it themselves even though they have detailed instructions?

Or Like when Cryptic doesn't actually tell itself when it does something, such as a dev randomly deciding to up the Borg's tractor beam to 1000% strength and not tell anyone, just because he felt it was kweler. So when people ask WTF Cryptic they simply shrug and say "nothing changed!".

Or how about when some devs know of a bug but due to their bizarre system of NOT fixing bugs right away they tell no one else so everyone else when asked says "no bugs, its all working as intended!"

Or how about.....


Or how about......

It goes on and on. Seriously, how can you assume things are exactly the same as before? By now It takes more than someone saying "working as intended" for me to even consider the matter closed. For all we know a random dev decided that Borg ships needed to be more powerful and upgraded their weapons in some way. Naturally he didn't tell anyone else so no one but him/her has any idea something was changed.

The question isn't whether the Borg were powerful enough or not, but why are stealth changes still being made?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.