Commander
# 31
11-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Yet another thread about this - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=448481

I noticed that non-Intel chipsets are also having problems too -- and some others are experiencing the same.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Has anyone tested to see if it is overheating? I know enough to tell, but that was one suggestion given by one of my fleet members. This was after I did Hive Onslaught fine with a few blanking screens and then get to ESD and it crashes my computer. The only other time I had a over heating problem it was with the CPU and the computer would just shut down...not sure what would happen with a ingratiated GPU.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Just got this from PWE/Cryptic tech support

Thanks for the info. We are currently looking into this issue. Do check to make sure your video drivers are updated, and try lowering in-game graphics as well to test, particularly the advanced settings.

I don't have my hopes up but that looks promising.
Commander
# 34
11-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1ace View Post
Just got this from PWE/Cryptic tech support

Thanks for the info. We are currently looking into this issue. Do check to make sure your video drivers are updated, and try lowering in-game graphics as well to test, particularly the advanced settings.

I don't have my hopes up but that looks promising.
Been there, done that. I'm running the latest drivers and have the STO graphics set as low as they go. We were NOT having these problems before season 7.
Captain
# 35
11-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Love how they make it our problem...

I've been playing successfully for the past two years?

NOW all of a sudden there's a problem with my pc LMAO hilarous!!!!
Ensign
# 36
11-16-2012, 11:03 AM
I have played succesful for the last 7 months.
Got a gold subscription last month to support the game.
After the update to season 7 the game doesnt work properly, i had no problems prior to the update (only some lag when doing an fleet action, but thats not strange)
I am in sectorspace and its keeps switching between desktop and STO. Its unplayable now.

I have an i5 intel onboard chipset and 6 Gb ram.
According to the system requirements, thats more then enough.
I cannot update the drivers cause its a laptop, you cannot just get new drivers from intel.
You must get them from your laptop support site (lenovo in my case)

They probably knew about the problem (check tribble post) but released season 7 on schedule. I think that its a bad thing for the plp with the intel onboard cards.
I will register an support ticket and hope they will fix it soon.

And if the system requirements where being changed, one should think cryptic would have communicated this in a blog. They didnt, so we just have to wait till they fix it.
Captain
# 37
11-16-2012, 11:26 AM
All these problems were reported when s7 was on tribble for testing.To make things better a dev said that this has to be fixed ',so devs know about and try to fix ...can't blame them but you can blame the "smart" person(be sure its PWE) who said "season 7 needs to be released in november " .
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah I was not expecting much from them. They are probably going to just try and give me a lame excuse again. About the overheating has anyone here looked into that. I did a little, but I don't really think that it is the problem. But testing it now would be good then we can tell them that we know it is not that. At least those of us with support tickets open can.
Career Officer
# 39 Post a bug report daily
11-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Keep this to the for front.

Let them know we aren't going away.

I got the exact same responce from PWE btw.
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
(228 members and growing)
Commander
# 40
11-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofthar View Post
Keep this to the for front.

Let them know we aren't going away.

I got the exact same responce from PWE btw.
I'm glad they responded to you... they still haven't responded to me.
Closed Thread