Career Officer
first off. we all agree lockboxes are here to stay and with that they bring a lot of controversy.

Currently the system works this way. you acquire the ship via keys with blind luck, exchange or lobi store depending on which one your looking for. You unbox the ship and its added to your ship pool and if you delete it your s.o.l. if you want it back. recently some of the ships require that you have both a lockbox and lobi ship so you get the "sets" that give a special effect.

Now the proposal. instead of having a one and done system why not have something where you unlock the ships on a z(c)-store tab. if you get the box it'll stay the way it is as in it unbound and sellable. you "loot" the box and instead of the ship going straight into your ship pool it unlocks a tab where you can claim it on any one* toon on that account. it'll go straight to the ship pool and when you get bored with it you can delete the ship where it'll be reclaimable to any toon.

*subject to change
Career Officer
# 2
11-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I think you and I both know, that if you used your lockbox ship on one toon and in retrospect wish you'd used it on another, Cryptic would rather prefer you (or someone) buy a few dozen/hundred more master keys. *

* Not likely to change.
Reave
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Whilst it's a nice idea I think we know that this will NEVER happen. That would be a loss of revenue that PWE won't be prepared to give up.
Empire Veteran
# 4 Lobi's, cash of the Ferengi
11-16-2012, 10:30 AM
I just wish the lobi's were transferable between toons, not so much available for exchange but available to any of the user's characters, able to put in account banks as it were.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemsrud View Post
I just wish the lobi's were transferable between toons, not so much available for exchange but available to any of the user's characters, able to put in account banks as it were.
This. If they were, I'd be much more likely to buy more keys. I mean, yes. I can easily transfer any Lobi purchase or LockBox prize to any of my characters before I open it.

*However*, I'm kind of a spaz, so every extra step they put between me buying a key, opening a box, and having a prize for that character, the less likely I am to actually do it. So, for example, I want Ferengi clothes, but I only want them on one character? IF I'm not playing that character, I'll completely forget about wanting them.

Granted, I have pretty severe ADD, and occasionally forget to put my pants on in the morning before I start heading out the door, so they probably shouldn't program things based on what would be good for *me*. Still, I'd be likely to buy more keys, is what I'm saying.