Empire Veteran
# 1 My official review of s7
11-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Love the new sector with all its quests. I like the way the quests are laid out. Patrols are better and fresher than the pi canis patrols. The two ground wrappers on new Romulus. If that isn't enough and you want to do all the ground Romulus quests, you can.
And you know what, those quests are really fun. Some people complain that it is just scanning all day long but in all honesty, I would be on that tricorder more than I would my iPhone if tricorder a existed.
Is new romulus content better than fe's? Probably, yeah. If over the next few years you can do this with the undine, kdf and iconians I think you would have redeemed yourself.

There are these "events" that I did on tribble that supposedly exist on new Romulus but I haven't seen them and have no idea how they start.
The "sector defense missions" seem as good as they were last time I played them 3 years ago: broken.

The embassy combined with the rep system is a little confusing. It may be fixeable with a ui change. But the ui changes for this season where great!

One other thing that is missing is new romulan specific chains and doff assignments.

The new queued events are fun.
One thing I wish you didn't do was add dilithium back to the stf's though. But i understand you had to do something with the supposed "outcry".

Another issue is the new currencies. My inventory is filled with new "currencies". If we could acquire a currency bag of sorts, it may allow more organized inventory.
Captain
# 2
11-16-2012, 11:45 AM
I love this post.

btw the Red Alerts with tholians, people keep saying they only get 1/5 thats because they dont know to kill the unique tarantula. something with a Z for name, he keeps spitting out mesh weavers and it makes people think the mesh weavers are part of the main groups. they are not.

Last edited by daedalus304; 11-16-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-16-2012, 12:16 PM
You got a sector defense mission started?
What is the trick?
Rihannsu
# 4
11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
the sector defence missions and the tholian red alerts need rethinking in how they work.

i have yet to get into one, outside of tribble, that was not already finished.

it might get easier as the weeks move on. its probably just so many people in there is making them a bit wonky, but its annoying when content does not work.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lieutenant
# 5
11-16-2012, 01:53 PM
There are already plenty of threads discussing S7, so please post in one of them instead of creating duplicates on the same topic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the new moderator
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Love the new sector with all its quests. I like the way the quests are laid out. Patrols are better and fresher than the pi canis patrols. The two ground wrappers on new Romulus. If that isn't enough and you want to do all the ground Romulus quests, you can.
And you know what, those quests are really fun. Some people complain that it is just scanning all day long but in all honesty, I would be on that tricorder more than I would my iPhone if tricorder a existed.
Is new romulus content better than fe's? Probably, yeah. If over the next few years you can do this with the undine, kdf and iconians I think you would have redeemed yourself.

There are these "events" that I did on tribble that supposedly exist on new Romulus but I haven't seen them and have no idea how they start.
The "sector defense missions" seem as good as they were last time I played them 3 years ago: broken.

The embassy combined with the rep system is a little confusing. It may be fixeable with a ui change. But the ui changes for this season where great!

One other thing that is missing is new romulan specific chains and doff assignments.

The new queued events are fun.
One thing I wish you didn't do was add dilithium back to the stf's though. But i understand you had to do something with the supposed "outcry".

Another issue is the new currencies. My inventory is filled with new "currencies". If we could acquire a currency bag of sorts, it may allow more organized inventory.
What would make this an unnoficial review rather than Official...dude are you a celeb?
Career Officer
# 8
11-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
the ui changes for this season where great!

- HUD options messed up
- Mouse Over broken
- all my HUD options set to NONE on one of my chars (my settings are completely gone, tyvm S7!)
- BOff Powers available from BOffs that are not slotted on your ship...
- Private Queus disabled
- Foundry disabled
- white backgrounds on NPC contacts
- Department Head UI Lag introduced with S6 is also still around
- for some reason the assignment selector now jumps to the top of the list after accepting a DH assignment (changing stuff around is always nice and irritating)
- not to mention that the Reputation UI is in a window that is way to small for it and if you make it bigger all the other stuff in that window looks bad... (why can the Rep System not have its own window?)

yah the UI changes were a real treat, this time, if everything works for you, better touch NOTHING, you might brake it...

i think i will stop playing for a week or two until they fixed this horrible build to something that is playable again.

first all this dilithium nerfing and then pushing out a build again that just isn't ready.
Commander
# 9
11-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileight1 View Post
Welcome to the new moderator
Even being a moderator wouldn't make it "official", as moderators are neither employees of Cryptic nor PWE.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-17-2012, 05:24 AM
I realize this.
I was responding to the post above mine.
Sorry, didn't have sarcasm mode enabled.