Survivor of Remus
# 31
11-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
But, there is. If you have to play more to get them, and you want them, you'll pay for things that make this extra play more convenient for you, such as consumables and better ships.

Further, by making progression take longer, at least some of the audience will stick around longer before they reach the post-progression burnout.
Well...they don't have to worry about that anymore,people will get burned out long before that happens....
Career Officer
# 32
11-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
But, there is. If you have to play more to get them, and you want them, you'll pay for things that make this extra play more convenient for you, such as consumables and better ships.

Further, by making progression take longer, at least some of the audience will stick around longer before they reach the post-progression burnout.
Fair enough, I was thinking more along the lines of the direct relationship of say zen for fleet marks. The time issue is absolutely valid. I think they just took it a step too far with how much time is required now, even at a lower tier. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for burnout to kick in under the newer levels.
Rihannsu
# 33
11-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by larouche55 View Post
Fair enough, I was thinking more along the lines of the direct relationship of say zen for fleet marks. The time issue is absolutely valid. I think they just took it a step too far with how much time is required now, even at a lower tier. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for burnout to kick in under the newer levels.
He, just talking with a fleet pal from our 2 man fleet - we are going back to Dill and EC grinding gangnam style, waiting for foundry to be available and roleplaying..

Both having KHG MK XI and XII on our mains, so...

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 34
11-16-2012, 10:52 AM
We have a small fleet. Our starbase has effectively stopped. Nobody wants to spend dil on it because we're all trying to stockpile dil against the costs of high level gear from reputation stores. We have hundreds of marks that we can't spend, not enough time to max out our dil, and the impending threat of massive personal costs. There's also the problem that the private queue system isn't working, so it becomes a lot harder to coordinate because we can't do anything cross-faction.
Captain
# 35
11-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Don't complain about having your earnings potential stripped away - you were exploiting a failure in their system. Which they have now fixed. You're wasting your time complaining about that, and not acknowledging that it was a long-overdue FIX just smacks of entitlement and greed.
Aaaand can you please tell me why it took them about a year to fix that ?
What does that smack of , hmmm ?

Here's a point that you may have trouble understanding :

- Once you do something enough times , you become accustomed to it .
Be that clicky missions , be that STF's , be that whatever YOUR routine is .

Some ppl react badly to change .
Some react VERY badly to change .

Aaaand according to what happened in the first 24 hours of Season 7 ... , well if you followed the rocus on the Forums & Ingame chat channels , or if you looked at the empty STF queues ... -- well there you have your answer to how ppl react when you Really upset them .

I myself have logged in once since S.7 hit .
Not much interest ... , and right now I'm tempted to just say "See you in Season 8" and go do other stuff .
And (sadly) , I know that I am soooo not lone in this feeling .

Proud STF-er , "elitist" Real 1000 day Vet , signing off .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
11-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Aaaand according to what happened in the first 24 hours of Season 7 ... , well if you followed the rocus on the Forums & Ingame chat channels , or if you looked at the empty STF queues ... -- well there you have your answer to how ppl react when you Really upset them .
I've found that every queue I've gone in for I've had to wait no longer than a minute. For me, that was the same as before. Aaaaaand now there are more queued missions.

I just think the naysayers are louder than everyone else making them seem a larger group than what they are.
Career Officer
# 37
11-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I've found that every queue I've gone in for I've had to wait no longer than a minute. For me, that was the same as before. Aaaaaand now there are more queued missions.

I just think the naysayers are louder than everyone else making them seem a larger group than what they are.
Well this thread is about how the members of my fleet feels, not everyone else.
I have not heard much in the way of positives other than the graphics of New Romulus. Actually other than New Romulus's graphics there have been no positives, I've been hit with numerous mails, PMs and fleet chat full of negativity and these are the non-vocal. This invalidates your theory, I guess.
Captain
# 38
11-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I think, however, that a lot of players are trying to get that value by trying to steer the game in directions it's just not going to go.
If I'm not mistaken , "a lot of players" have asked for "value" for almost 3 years and have been met with excuses and promises .
You are taking a magnifying lens to the clicky missions and the B'Tran thing and hold them up as "trophy" that signify where "the players went wrong" -- because you presume that you have some sort of higher MORAL standards ???

How about the "STO is not going F2P" , or the "Two Full Factions" or the other promises & lies over the years from Cryptic ?
How about The Year of Hell ?
How about 2 new PVP maps in 3 years ?
How about releasing the Foundry tool with ZERO tutorial as to how to use it ?
How about using the playerbase as your own personal QA team on Tribble and then IGNORING the incoming feedback time and time and time again ?

Just who the heck do you think you are defending here ?
Saints & Co. ?

YOU THINK THE PLAYERS ARE "BAD" ???
TRY THE COMPANY ... .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Lieutenant
# 39
11-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Well this thread is about how the members of my fleet feels, not everyone else.
I have not heard much in the way of positives other than the graphics of New Romulus. Actually other than New Romulus's graphics there have been no positives, I've been hit with numerous mails, PMs and fleet chat full of negativity and these are the non-vocal. This invalidates your theory, I guess.
Ignore the elitist fanboys. They're the worst kind of "fans" a game company can have.
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
11-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Just who the heck do you think you are defending here ?
Saints & Co. ?
I'm not defending anyone else but my opinion. Everyone else seems to be doing it. Far more aggressively than I am, by the way. Why, do you think I don't have the right to?