Empire Veteran
# 21
11-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralthorr360 View Post
In all honesty I think people have a right to complain about the manner this update was done especially when we were told one thing; while another happened. You might call that life but I call it a lack of manners. You might disagree with me but you better not tell me I have no right to my opinion or viewpoint with all things considered just because you're contented with the new limitations sugar coated as 'new content'.
No one said you had no right to be angry, I was just telling you that you could also consider that S7 just changed the way to get stuff, instead of X runs to get your random loot you have to do Y runs, and you can pay to get your dilithium if you don't want to do your Y runs. That's not just a cosmetic change for sure, and yes it's another strain on our limited dilithium ressources, but if you're in a small fleet, that's a choice you can't blame the dev team for.

With the new huge amounts of dilithium you can get from a STF during the bonus hour, I wouldn't say season 7 is just limiting ressources. It also makes dilithium gathering a lot easier and quicker.
Captain
# 22
11-16-2012, 10:33 AM
I will not dilude myself, I know a lot of people hate me for supporting crypic and defending them, but I am tired of seeing multiple types of people complain.

Personally I made 11k dilithium ore in an hour doing daily from defera, tau dwea, stf.s, and sb24.

But I can see where a lot of people are coming from, however there is a segment which are very large that I believe have no right to complain, this is the segments who used to just log in every day and use many alts to farm quick dil then convert it and just log out....they just log in to farm and leave, those are the most vocal of all.

But more to the point, if you look at past posts you will find all this rage and threats to quit all about dilithium....but its not about it being removed it was about it being added, and yes there were many posts on how it was bad for cryptic and how it would break cryptic in months when in fact it didnt, so you see why I mock and shrug off those who complain about how the easy dilithium channels are gone.

I personally do not care what cryptic does, just so long as they keep it FTP and keep it trek.
Empire Veteran
# 23
11-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
To the OP: You might be right, but I think the dilithium market crash that everyone is predicting is nonsense. Most of us are sitting on massive stockpiles of 300k+ unrefined ore thanks to the STF conversion and cashing in before it happened.

If it does happen, it won't happen for several months!
Most of us? Hmm, no one I know is sitting on dilithium. I'm certainly not. It's been months since the last time I was in the 6 digits and it's not likely to happen again anytime soon.
Career Officer
# 24
11-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Only one sitting on tons of Dilithium are those who exploited the FA's.

As for me, ever since Season 7 started, I went from making 8000 Dilithium per day down to 3000. It's not worth playing this game anymore.
Empire Veteran
# 25
11-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
More cosmetics? I'll come eventually but that's not really what the game needs. The game could use more content, instead of new kdf pants. Anyway new costumes are released at a very high rate. And for the KDF i'd take more episodes instead of costumes, thanks.
More content? Oh yes. But we also desperately need new cosmetics. My pants are so worn out right now that I feel naked. Seems like every single Klingon character looks exactly like his neighbour. New sashes, new hair (Martok, Klaa, Worf's braid) Enterprise Klignon uniforms, and new Gorn ships are what the KDF needs and I'm sure we would all be willing to buy them.
Career Officer
# 26
11-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Only one sitting on tons of Dilithium are those who exploited the FA's.

As for me, ever since Season 7 started, I went from making 8000 Dilithium per day down to 3000. It's not worth playing this game anymore.

This is the exact opposite for me. See, I keep hearing this 'forced' to play certain content for dilithium. Before, they added the dilithium back to STF's that was a virtual valid point. Well, in S6, I didn't play STF's ad nauseam to cap out each day. I didn't do the clickies because it was an exploit, I didn't travel to B'Tran to do missions. I did doffs, fleet alerts, the odd FA's. I did STF's enough to get the mk xi ground sets, the mk xii armors, & the mk xii MACO shield.

I keep hearing this smack talk about FA's. If you don't like it, don't play it. Do you play your content for fun or play the Cryptic game of grinding dilithium? Bad mouthing Fleet Actions will not get support from others. I now HIT cap in S7. They even said most top level players have NOT hit cap. Guess what grinders, I was one of those not hitting cap.

I'm glad dilithium is BACK in STF's, it is in FA's, at the end of BOTH reputation systems.
Survivor of Remus
# 27
11-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugshu View Post
/snip

Bug
Excellent post.
Career Officer
# 28
11-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepidfox03 View Post
This is the exact opposite for me. See, I keep hearing this 'forced' to play certain content for dilithium. Before, they added the dilithium back to STF's that was a virtual valid point. Well, in S6, I didn't play STF's ad nauseam to cap out each day. I didn't do the clickies because it was an exploit, I didn't travel to B'Tran to do missions. I did doffs, fleet alerts, the odd FA's. I did STF's enough to get the mk xi ground sets, the mk xii armors, & the mk xii MACO shield.

I keep hearing this smack talk about FA's. If you don't like it, don't play it. Do you play your content for fun or play the Cryptic game of grinding dilithium? Bad mouthing Fleet Actions will not get support from others. I now HIT cap in S7. They even said most top level players have NOT hit cap. Guess what grinders, I was one of those not hitting cap.

I'm glad dilithium is BACK in STF's, it is in FA's, at the end of BOTH reputation systems.
I never said anything bad about Fleet Actions having Dilithium, just that people were exploiting the system. Thats why they turned off Private Queues.

I have no problem with Fleet Actions having Dilithium, only when Cryptic took away Diltihium from the STFs and told players they had to do them to get their Dilithum, is what I had the problem with.
Career Officer
# 29
11-16-2012, 12:40 PM
here's what I don't get. Many players here are stating that in the end after the initial S7 launch situation regarding dilithium rewards was rescinded; that somehow there will be less Dilithium available in game; and that will somehow (in Cryptic's eyes) force people to use Zen to buy Dilithium to progress.

In the end:

1) The "Investigate Officer Reports" mission exploit was removed (and I used it too, make no mistake); but, in the end, we ALL knew it was an exploit, anD they said over and over they had plans to 'fix' it. <--- So, this would have happened regardless of any Season changes at some point. In the end, it means that to get that 1440 Dilithium and 50 FM; you need to spend about as much time as it takes to get Dil from the "Explore Strange New Worlds" mission; and there will be enterprising Foundry authors who adapt and make the quickest /easiest mission to maximize return in the new setup.

2) B'Tran was removed - so that's one less source per se of 1440 dilithium ouright.

3) In the end; the outright Dil Reward for Elite STFs was dropped about 200 Dil - BUT they added two more (into the Hive Ground and Space) that you can cycle through; and even the original setup was countdown timer gated. Also, the BNPs are pretty equivalent to EDCs in that there is a project you can run at any tier that converts them to dilithium; and at T5 (if you do the Rep grind) you can start converting Omega Marks to Dill as well.
^^^
In the long run, this seems pretty much a wash for anyone wjho already had all gthe gear STF they wanted; and were grinding for rewards and Dil via STFs.

4) In the new content they have added content that will give you Dilithium (the Salt Vampire, Tholian Red Alert Daily); and they've added Dilithium rewards to the old Fleet Axctions (SB24/Gorn Minefield/etc.) <--- And yiou can run those pretty quick as well. And again at T5 Romulan Reputation, you can convert Romulan marks to Dilithium as well.

As for tenh Fleet Starbases and Embassy holdings, they did a number of changes that REDUCED the resource requirements:

1) All project only require common (White) Doffs; and only require doffs from a Branch (IE Tactical, Security, Engineering, etc.) So, you no logwer need 60 'Sensor Officers', 'Security Officers', etc.; nor do you need Green, Blue or Purple Doffs for Fleet Starbase projects.
^^^
This means that if you want to use the Doff grinder for an upgrade, you're doing it because you want that color Doff for your character, or something else. It's up to you if you find the new cost requirements worth it, but it's no longer needed for Starbase or Reputation projects. Also, with the above changes, particular common white Doffs will no longer cost near a million EC. As for recruitment - yes, the 5 pack General and the Racial recruitment NPCs have a Dil cost associate with them, but there a still a number of 100% free ways to acquire Doffs. <-- If anything this may have been a move to cut down on database transaction activity as you won't have crazy amounts of white doffs on the exchange fpor outrageous prices; and in the end, you'll still have enough of a base for Fleet projects. if anything, it may make Fleet doffs more attractive to some players now.

2) They removed Dilithium as a needed input of BOTH Reputation; and SDtarbasde projects across the board - so in that area, there are less Dilithium resource sinks.

If there's a glut of Dilithium depressing prices on the Dilithium exchange; it's not from the changes in the last 48 hours; it's from all the players (myself included) who cashed out their STF rewards prior to S7 launch. On my main STFing characters, I have two weeks worth of 8500K a day (using the SFA NPC, but you can only run it every 2 days for 1000) refining available - regardless of any other Dilithium reward content I do; and I know I'm nowhere near the surplus others probably have.

It'll be months before we really see the effect (good or bad) on the game economy; but the fact is simple; there's more content, a wider variety of rewards (STFs are no longer the only end-game stuff in the game) ; and honestly, once players start gaming this new content, new dynamics will emerge.

About the only real easy Dilithium farming source that was removed in the end, was the 10-15 second "Investigate Officer Reports" exploit that we all knew would be closed eventually. Players are of course upset that the quick 1920 dilithium source across 10 Alts routine is gone for good/has been reduced to a quick 480 Dil. Now they'll have to decide which alts they want to actually play.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 30
11-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
1) The "Investigate Officer Reports" mission exploit was removed (and I used it too, make no mistake); but, in the end, we ALL knew it was an exploit, anD they said over and over they had plans to 'fix' it. <--- So, this would have happened regardless of any Season changes at some point. In the end, it means that to get that 1440 Dilithium and 50 FM; you need to spend about as much time as it takes to get Dil from the "Explore Strange New Worlds" mission; and there will be enterprising Foundry authors who adapt and make the quickest /easiest mission to maximize return in the new setup.
Yep. I one-starred the missions, then gleefully ran them daily for the free dil. I'd do it again, too; and I'm still glad it's fixed.