Captain
# 41
11-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I'm not defending anyone else but my opinion. Everyone else seems to be doing it. Far more aggressively than I am, by the way. Why, do you think I don't have the right to?
well that's how you're coming off. You seem to be finding some way to defend these actions by the company. I was willing to spend hours and hours worth of time doing STFs for dilithioum and the gear to either use or sell. 95% of the players dislike S7 for one reason or another. THAT HAS TO BE ADDRESSED.
Captain
# 42
11-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
I'm not defending anyone else but my opinion. Everyone else seems to be doing it. Far more aggressively than I am, by the way. Why, do you think I don't have the right to?
dial back a bit, I don't think anyone is telling YOU, PERSONALLY, to STFU. It's a perspective issue, and it's thorny, because obviously, you feel nothing is wrong with the new system.

BUT...how many threads with how many people-including names not normally seen on the forum, are saying something IS wrong with the new system??

This is a game, games are entertainment, and make money off of players. When you have a crapload of players, many of them long-time, blue-chip spenders, saying "This is not fun", that is an ISSUE for an entertainment medium.

YES, the Foundry Klikky needed to be adjusted-I personally felt that the reward could have been put on a scale-use difficulty, or mission length, maybe. (Personally I use the Foundry missions a hell of a lot more frequently than the Episodes when levelling-I've SEEN the Episode content several times now, and rehashed FEd material gets really dull really fast when you're more interested in KDF.)

See it this way (let's diverge a bit and make some fun speculations while tempers cool)...

Let's assume the "Daily klikki" is a problem, let's address it in a way that makes sense...

Short, one klik missions: 5 marks and 50 dil for a threepack.

Medium length (10-30 minutes) at "normal": 10 Marks (comparable to Colony invasion, the easiest of the FM grinds), 100 Dil. for a 3-pack

Episode length Foundry missions ("Krios Falling" for instance, say "45 minutes or longer on average"): 50 FM, 1440 Dil (the old reward) for a 3 pack, but only if played on "Elite" difficulty. (you can SET difficulties in your controls, btw). Half that in FM and 1/3 for "Normal" difficulty.

This would enable what Cryptic was trying to do by tying rewards to playing this stuff, and scaling the rewards that way keeps it fair and disencourages the "clear three at once klikking"-the exploit you were bemoaning.

As for B'Tran cluster-that bored me so badly the first time I never went back, rewards or not-and I'm not alone in this.
Community Moderator
# 43
11-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
well that's how you're coming off. You seem to be finding some way to defend these actions by the company. I was willing to spend hours and hours worth of time doing STFs for dilithioum and the gear to either use or sell. 95% of the players dislike S7 for one reason or another. THAT HAS TO BE ADDRESSED.
No, that doesn't necessarily follow. People always want things to be easier, and dislike things that are harder, but that doesn't mean doing what they say improves the health of the game.

Replacing big payoffs with little ones is often better for reducing churn than the opposite, as long as it feels like SOME reward is coming. It can in fact improve profits, as people who have to play longer to get the rewards often spend more money on conveniences such as consumables and minor combat improvements.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Captain
# 44
11-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
No, that doesn't necessarily follow. People always want things to be easier, and dislike things that are harder, but that doesn't mean doing what they say improves the health of the game.

Replacing big payoffs with little ones is often better for reducing churn than the opposite, as long as it feels like SOME reward is coming. It can in fact improve profits, as people who have to play longer to get the rewards often spend more money on conveniences such as consumables and minor combat improvements.
The problem is, your payouts need to scale with the costs you impose, or people become disgusted, disheartened, and disinterested.

Here's my observation, and it may be wrong but...

I joined my present fleet near the middle of S6, and logging on at an average of 11Pm PDT, there was always over 10 people present and accounted for on the "roster" screen, finding partners to team STF's was fairly routine, ditto socializing, etc. etc.

Since Tuesday night, the damn number's dropped to where 6 is a big number, and four of them don't speak english.

Everyone else who WAS on in the late hours has, apparently, since the new system hit 'live', found other things to do.

Further, I've NEVER seen ques as empty for PvE as I'm seeing in the timeframe I'm usually on-never. I'd gotten USED to waiting up to an hour for PvP ques, but three hours Plus? I almost suspect they removed the "Players waiting" number because it was dropping through the floor and not a good thing to show investors.

People are either not logging, or not staying. The Fleet my toons are in, is a BIG fleet-200 plus and normally quite active, 3-5 people on is FREAKISHLY LOW activity for this fleet.

Ergo, there is a problem, and the only point of change, was Season 7's launch.
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
11-16-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm ready for my second job...grinding here I go....

I agree with the original content on this forum....this game is getting to be a drag...who needs more grinding....countless grinding...STO where no one has grinded that much before

Keep it up and it will be a lonesome MMO
Career Officer
# 46
11-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
To be honest you sound like you a forum ninja who works for Cryptic and comes in to derail the 'naysayers'

Is there anything about Season 7 you don't like?

Overall there are some positives but if you don't get how Cryptics actions have infuriated players you either are working for Cryptic or don't understand people very well.

Its quite simple people feel they had more in season 6, now they have less.

One of the biggest impacts for me is the slow way of gaining fleet marks something I think needs to be redressed.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Admiralandy, I thought it was just me noticing the same 2-3 posters showing up in any critical thread to vehemently defend "You iz all just whinybabbies and S7 iz teh bestest and it's all working az planned and WHARRRGARRRBLE."

My small fleet (about 15 active, plus friends in other fleets who work with us) knew that we were going to hit a big slowdown once Tier 3 on the starbase went active, just due to the huge resource sink. Unfortunately that coincided with the release of S7, and the removal of many time effective ways to accrue dil, marks, and anything else needed to build the base. Our progress is at a standstill, not least because we have to grind for several hours a day to make our 8000 dil and/or 120 fleet marks. It's not fun anymore.

If Cryptic/PW wanted to increase our participation with the new barriers, they have shot themselves in the foot. All our people have lives outside STO, and the new content, while pretty, isn't enough to keep us clicking the rat feed bar.
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?

Last edited by sussethrai; 11-16-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Captain
# 48
11-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
When you attempt to tell someone that their opinion is invalid and then proceed to explain to them why that is they tend to get aggressive.

Hence why I do not like to talk of opinions, only facts.

Fact: Several key customer demographics have been negatively impacted by season 7's changes and new direction. These include but are not limited to...

Casual Players with little time or resources who wish to progress
Fleets with casual players
Gamblers, or those who enjoy the thrill of the random loot drop
Zen sellers, as the market value is going down
Grinders, as they now have to stare at a progress bar they cannot effect

Cryptic, as revenue decreases
Captain
# 49
11-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Grinding Fleetmarks has become a total nightmare, especially for KDF. Its playerbase is almost nonexistant when in comes to Fleetactions. Queues for FM-PvE are almost always empty in my timezone. The only small chance to see enough players for a game to start is during the daily Fleetmarkevents and this is not even remotely enough to fill the demand of Starbaseprojects.

And don't even mention Nukara. 6 Marks for a medium mission? This is ridiculous.
Captain
# 50
11-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Original Poster, you could not possibly be more succinctly correct in your post and I am in full agreement. I put my hours in with my employer. I play this game for fun. I want to get back to flying my ship, kicking posteriors on the ground, and playing the game with my fleet mates. Stop the grind and charge fair market prices for items and services.
Just say no to ARC