Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,733
# 31
11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
Please, please, please, PLEASE!

Add the Exeter (with TMP Skin option) as a Fleet ship. Guaranteed 150 sales from my fleet alone!

DO IT!
..... im pretty sure that breaks the "No T5 Connie" rules. as giving the Exter a TMP skin would make it look like the 1701-A. AKA connie :p
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 47
# 32
11-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We had a dedicated group from the PvP community test out the Vesta and the feedback received from them influenced some of the changes that were made, but they did not feel it was not OP or could not be countered by KDF ships.
Can you confirm if at least half of these trusted testers played KDF as their main? If not then their feedback is biased. I'll take a lack of response as a "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
..... im pretty sure that breaks the "No T5 Connie" rules. as giving the Exter a TMP skin would make it look like the 1701-A. AKA connie :p
All they have to do is turn off the connie skin option and problem solved.

Last edited by thef0xguy; 11-16-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,218
# 33
11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Found this in another thread, and had an instant moment of clarity as to why new fleet ships now:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
Don't own a single fleet ship.

I was hoping to work towards a fleet HEC (which is at the insane level of T5), but with the recent lockboxes, vesta, steamrunner and the continual escalation, I've come to realise the FHEC just isn't fit for purpose. There might be a point if I was low enough to use danubes, but as it is the FHEC is pretty rubbish.

I'll stick with my mobius thanks. That is until the overpowered escort bundle is released, with insta-pop DHCs.
...power creep.

Cryptic isn't selling as many fleetships NOW because they made them obsolete the last couple months.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,733
# 34
11-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thef0xguy View Post

All they have to do is turn off the connie skin option and problem solved.
and if you noticed what i quoted, he specifically asked for a fleet exter WITH TMP skin. a fleet Exter i have no problems with if you cant use the TMP skin.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,448
# 35
11-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
For the Vesta, are you referring to the "perfect shield"? I feel that the Kar'Fi Carrier is actually similar with Phase Shift, except with PS, you can still fire weapons. It also has a hangar.

We had a dedicated group from the PvP community test out the Vesta and the feedback received from them influenced some of the changes that were made, but they did not feel it was not OP or could not be countered by KDF ships.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
An under appreciated similar power is the console that come with the temporal sci vessels. Yes, it's a heal and a freeze with the set bonus but the other thing worth considering is that it's 7 seconds when you can't take damage.

So I blow the M?bius console fore firepower and aware that the Borg cube explosion will take out my other selves... and me... I will pop the sci vessel console for 7 seconds of damage immunity, not the heal or the freeze.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 412
# 36
11-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
and if you noticed what i quoted, he specifically asked for a fleet exter WITH TMP skin. a fleet Exter i have no problems with if you cant use the TMP skin.
And yet we have a Fleet D7 -- same era... seems they broke their own rules already. No real reason (other then CBS saying "'cause we said so...") not to have the TMP skin. It's NOT the TV ship, it's the movie ship, there is a difference. And it's possible that's what they meant by "no T5 Connie": the TV version.

And I really don't see how it affects anyone else's game if I want to fly the TMP-TUC era ship. I think it'll be better for the game if I can use a T5 version for STFs rather than queue for a STF in the base Exeter. After all I can fly whatever ship I want. One way is trolling/griefing, the other is just flying what LOOKS like an old ship.

So yeah -- Fleet Exeter with TMP Skin option please, after all the KDF have a Fleet D7...
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 96
# 37
11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
For the Vesta, are you referring to the "perfect shield"? I feel that the Kar'Fi Carrier is actually similar with Phase Shift, except with PS, you can still fire weapons. It also has a hangar.

We had a dedicated group from the PvP community test out the Vesta and the feedback received from them influenced some of the changes that were made, but they did not feel it was not OP or could not be countered by KDF ships.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Right off the bat your testing procedure is obviously flawed. Expert testing and tissue testing are bad by themselves. From the sounds of it, you managed to combine both into something worse.

Fortunately with ships there's not a whole lot of variation between them, but handing a bunch of volunteer pvp experts and asking for their opinion is an incredibly flawed way to try and assess how the ships will behave when distributed to the general playerbase.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 369
# 38
11-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
And yet we have a Fleet D7 -- same era... seems they broke their own rules already. No real reason (other then CBS saying "'cause we said so...") not to have the TMP skin. It's NOT the TV ship, it's the movie ship, there is a difference. And it's possible that's what they meant by "no T5 Connie": the TV version.
I agree. Unfortunately, CBS' decision still stands. Full stop.
They own it, they make the (arbitrary, inconsistent) rules.
Don't like it? Complain to them. (Not to us, not to Cryptic, not even to PWE.)
Join Date: January 2011
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 984
# 39
11-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
I agree. Unfortunately, CBS' decision still stands. Full stop.
They own it, they make the (arbitrary, inconsistent) rules.
Don't like it? Complain to them. (Not to us, not to Cryptic, not even to PWE.)
We will continue to voice our desire for it because there is only so much time a company will resist the allure of money. I'm 99% sure Cryptic and PBS are just saving it for a cold day.
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, Xindi carrier, Xindi escort, and the T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The Constellation is made up primarily of Connie refit parts and it is tier 5, there is no logical reason whatsoever for the no tier 5/6 connie rule.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,218
# 40
11-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
And yet we have a Fleet D7 -- same era... seems they broke their own rules already. No real reason (other then CBS saying "'cause we said so...") not to have the TMP skin. It's NOT the TV ship, it's the movie ship, there is a difference. And it's possible that's what they meant by "no T5 Connie": the TV version.

And I really don't see how it affects anyone else's game if I want to fly the TMP-TUC era ship. I think it'll be better for the game if I can use a T5 version for STFs rather than queue for a STF in the base Exeter. After all I can fly whatever ship I want. One way is trolling/griefing, the other is just flying what LOOKS like an old ship.

So yeah -- Fleet Exeter with TMP Skin option please, after all the KDF have a Fleet D7...
Exeter was never refitted to TMP Connie specs, and the Klink D7 canon was botched by CBS's producers and directors, thats why the design has been around for almost 200 years.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:59 AM.