Lieutenant
# 1 New Romulus is awesome
11-16-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm having a great time on New Romulus, and if any of you haven't been yet you should go. It's just like exploring a new world - taking samples, exploring, and all sorts of things that Starfleet does. Cryptic did a really good job.
Career Officer
# 2
11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I agree. I'm enjoying it, and I'm loving the more open nature of completing some of the missions. All the stuff I can do in an area helps? Whoo! Plus, the ground alerts are fun thus far
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-16-2012, 05:30 PM
I have to agree, i wish more of the worlds in STO looked and acted like this and dont. This is my main problem with Cryptic, they bring out great elements that they dont place across the entire game and only place it in certain areas.

As for the New Romulus, i want to know more backstory about the planet and this new government. Seeing that great hall or building is just awesome.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah, its fun.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
11-16-2012, 06:02 PM
If you build up your rep and run some of the instances, you should get more info on the backstory of the planet.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 6
11-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
If you build up your rep and run some of the instances, you should get more info on the backstory of the planet.
Wanna add my thanks here too. Great work by you and the team. Sad it had to lessened by issues beyond your control.

Want to explore it slowly and enjoy it like a fine wine... oops... sorry... you probably have had it up to your enchiladas with whine....
Click link at right and add your support!
Career Officer
# 7
11-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Even though I been disappointed with Season 7, I really am fond of New Romulus. Only complaint is the terrain looks like it was made of potatos (lumpy rocks). Guess Cryptic is using the round version of minecraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Tier 1 was fun, Tier 2 really felt like it was an afterthought.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
11-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Meh, the end product was a derivative of the original art direction, trying to make it feel like something that could exist, but which you haven't seen before, and the time we had to make the zone. I chose to go with a route that I knew I could easily cover the map in, and still (hopefully) look ok. You're no the first to make the potato comparison, and it's fair. But, it is what it is.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 9
11-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Yes, it is awesome indeed.

I think it's the season I have most looked forward to, because it contains such a large map to explore and to do things in. It feels a bit like Skyrim, which I enjoy for the same reason.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Career Officer
# 10
11-17-2012, 07:00 AM
I agree - really nice environment. Some of the nicest looking areas are on the bridges Hopefully we'll see more of these adventure zones in the near future... It's fun to be able to explore in any direction I want, without hitting a zone wall, and to pick up random missions on the way. It gives STO some of that traditional MMO feel, that I'd been craving in this game

Quite satisfied with Season 7 in general - fun new fleet actions and an adventure zone I can come back to, without it feeling all that grindy.

Hopefully some of the bugs get squashed soon, and we'll be set

Thanks, team!