Lieutenant
# 61 hate to be the bearer...
11-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Of bad news. Those of you using inferior or integrated graphics need to turn down EVERYTHING to minimum. Then slowly adjust settings until you get back to normalish.

I'm suspecting some graphical doodads were added that borked things.
Also welcome to F2P hell. Devs no longer seem to give a damn about fixing their broken MMOs, but will happily keep demanding monthly payment for 'normal' gameplay.

Even on my nice rig that I custom-built, I still get some graphical issues in space with flickering backgrounds. Luckily I used the search feature and found some dev posts saying this was a known issue and no easy workaround to it so meh. Same deal with the glitchy/moving text at certain points (like doing the Academy Event while scanning particles). It happens but its cosmetic so not a huge priority to fix.

If the game isn't working for you, then something on your end may need to be updated or changed. MMOs get updated, gotta keep up or get left out >_<
And yes, Cryptic needs to fix their **** ASAP, but in the meantime update your stuff and clear out unnecessary programs while you're at it. Running some maintenance (CHKDSK/Defrag) doesn't hurt either.
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
11-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Maybe you haven't noticed.. but were all on minimums and still getting it
Career Officer
# 63
11-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Progress report

Logged into season 7 on release with Max settings-Game Crashed after 10 min

logged into season 7 on release with norm setting- once again crash 5 min sector space

logged into season 7 on release with lowest setting- BIIIIIIIIIIIIG Crash after 30 seconds

Uninstalled Everything then re-installed-Can you guess what i was gonna put here

undated drivers to my integrated card - Ughhhh CRASH!!!!!!

Ran tons of scans- Do i have to say it again

Got pissed off and decided to play another game that does not crash im sure they will love getting my money more then cryptic

Always Recruiting Join us at http://temporalimperium.enjin.com/
Career Officer
# 64 Fix for Intergrated Intel FIX
11-17-2012, 05:49 AM
So far from what i am noticing this has fixed 75% of all people issue with the graphics card crashes made by season 7.

Please ONLY install this if you a integrated intel graphics card. I can not predict what it will do on other systems. This is a driver downgrade you will need to overwrite your current drivers. During the install you will have a few min where your screen will go black, don't panic just wait.

Following the install, I was able to restore my graphics to there proper settings (recommended levels on STO )

you still seem to get a SMALL stick every now and then and although the stick for a third of a second is annoying it will not affect your gameplay.

If this works, please update your tickets and let them know what you did, Please make sure they have all your system info so they can pin down any systems that are still having the problems after this. Happy Gaming

I installed the following Drivers:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...ws+7+(64-bit)*
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
(228 members and growing)
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Please stop spamming your fake fix. It doesn't work. You have posted this garbage in three threads so far.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 7 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Career Officer
# 66 75% doesn't mean 100% buddy
11-17-2012, 07:46 AM
I have posted this in all area's that pertain to this thread. I will continue because since I am the one that started on the thread on the tribble server and reported the problem first. I wish people that have the integrated graphics issue like I did to have the ablity to solve it.

It worked for me and 14 others so far, if it did not work for you then sorry about your luck, please inform on your ticket you created, what you did and what it did not work. So PWE can continue to work on your specific problem.

Everyone computer runs a different type of Software and Hardware.

I as this post stated, Run a Integrated Intel HD graphics card with windows 7.. and this worked.

Good luck with your issue, and keep your flame toward the people that created the issue, not us that are helping people solve theirs.
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by endafresh View Post
Of bad news. Those of you using inferior or integrated graphics need to turn down EVERYTHING to minimum. Then slowly adjust settings until you get back to normalish.

I'm suspecting some graphical doodads were added that borked things.
Also welcome to F2P hell. Devs no longer seem to give a damn about fixing their broken MMOs, but will happily keep demanding monthly payment for 'normal' gameplay.

Even on my nice rig that I custom-built, I still get some graphical issues in space with flickering backgrounds. Luckily I used the search feature and found some dev posts saying this was a known issue and no easy workaround to it so meh. Same deal with the glitchy/moving text at certain points (like doing the Academy Event while scanning particles). It happens but its cosmetic so not a huge priority to fix.

If the game isn't working for you, then something on your end may need to be updated or changed. MMOs get updated, gotta keep up or get left out >_<
And yes, Cryptic needs to fix their **** ASAP, but in the meantime update your stuff and clear out unnecessary programs while you're at it. Running some maintenance (CHKDSK/Defrag) doesn't hurt either.
When the game is still doing this garbage in SAFE MODE, it's a pretty sure bet that it isn't a hardware issue, especially given that, as has been said dozens of times in this thread before, all of us were running the game just fine before Season 7 dropped. Please take the time to actually read a thread and understand the problem before you reply with unhelpful suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofthar View Post
I have posted this in all area's that pertain to this thread. I will continue because since I am the one that started on the thread on the tribble server and reported the problem first. I wish people that have the integrated graphics issue like I did to have the ablity to solve it.

It worked for me and 14 others so far, if it did not work for you then sorry about your luck, please inform on your ticket you created, what you did and what it did not work. So PWE can continue to work on your specific problem.

Everyone computer runs a different type of Software and Hardware.

I as this post stated, Run a Integrated Intel HD graphics card with windows 7.. and this worked.

Good luck with your issue, and keep your flame toward the people that created the issue, not us that are helping people solve theirs.
Downgrading your graphics drivers to an unsupported level may be an acceptable solution for you, but it is not a fix and causes secondary issues. Have fun breaking your computer. The rest of us will wait for an actual fix from Cryptic, the people that caused the problem in the first place.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 7 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online

Last edited by robertcrayven; 11-17-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Career Officer
# 68 Flame
11-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcrayven View Post

Downgrading your graphics drivers to an unsupported level may be an acceptable solution for you, but it is not a fix and causes secondary issues. Have fun breaking your computer. The rest of us will wait for an actual fix from Cryptic, the people that caused the problem in the first place.

OK .. so let me explain this SLOWLY so you can get a grip on this.

1.) This driver update that was posted was the updated driver for 10/11 soooo if you are running it on a computer in production prior to that date it is act a UPDATED version of the driver the your original software that was installed. This will not BREAK your computer unless you are installing a driver on a unsupported graphics card. Even if you find that you did do that a simple restore point fixes that issue.

2.) As i stated, This does not erase the issue, you can tell by the small .3 second lag that you get every now and then the issue remains with the coding. This driver just doesn't treat it as a critical fault there by crashing it. Making the game stable enough to play with little issues.

3.) wait if you wish .. ask the people with the ATI cards that had the BSOD issue how that worked out for them... oh wait that's right they are no longer here...got tired of waiting. Why because sometimes like i have said many times the combo of hardware/softwhere conflicting with the code can be unique from system to system. Hence why some fixes work for some and not for others.
Check out the other section of graphics problems related to the ATI cards.... there are MANY of "fixs' there. Also in that instance it had people reverting to previous version of a driver, or even updating there BIOS.

I understand that you feel the need to flame because your upset, but at least have a small grasp on what you are talking about prior to the flame. Flame against the cause, not those who are trying to help.

BTW ... 22 people so far have concluded this has solved the issue for them, at least until a perma fix .. this year or the next is created by PWE.
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Ensign
# 69
11-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblep View Post
Here ya go cryptic... Error Ticket # 14182686

Gotta love that new code, just logged into a toon standing by quinns office on ESD and BAM!

"Fatal Error: Direct3D Driver returned error code
(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating a texture.

Technical Details: DXGI_DEVICE_REMOVED while creating 2D texture size 64 x 64 (7mips, RTEX_DXT5), 1.55 GB RAM, 1.19GB virtual space available"

Now thats a brand spanking new error message that has never even graced this system before. Congratulatory messages to you in its creation. How about a fix Devs?
yeah. i got the same problem.pls recover this problem soon as posibble
Ensign
# 70
11-17-2012, 10:17 AM
You know, I'm traditionally a console gamer. I've always held a dim view of PC gaming. My perception was that it was all about games that were great assuming you could actually get them to work, which you usually couldn't because nobody in the industry thought "will this run on a computer other than the ones in our offices?" was a question worth asking.

But then I learned STO was free to play, and I thought "why not?" So I gave it a shot, and... it worked! Not very well on my aging (and low-end when it was new) Inspiron, but the game ran smoothly--and beautifully--on my laptop. My laptop. So, seeing that, I concluded what I'd heard was an exaggeration. If a cool game like this worked on a laptop, surely PC gaming wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought.

That was October 27. Mere weeks before Season 7 rolled out.

Draw your own conclusions about how I feel now.
Closed Thread