Here for the trip, not the destination.

/10 char

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 22
11-16-2012, 08:37 PM
I haven't noticed a difference at all.

Actually, that's not true. We just did our Tier 4 science upgrade, I think it was 900k dilithium. We filled it in a day, normally that would have probably taken 3 or more days.
Career Officer
# 23
11-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I haven't noticed a difference at all.

Actually, that's not true. We just did our Tier 4 science upgrade, I think it was 900k dilithium. We filled it in a day, normally that would have probably taken 3 or more days.
then your in a big fleet or some one has a big bank account
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 24
11-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
then your in a big fleet or some one has a big bank account
3-5 on in the morning, 10-15 or so in the evening. I wouldn't consider it too huge, it's a Klingon fleet after all. Our sister federation fleet has 3-5x more people
Career Officer
# 25
11-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post

/10 char
Tks.

Reread original post and further,

Embassy, poking around at it, gonna give recruitment a shot for the extra doff assignment slots (more dil my boy!) and Rommy Boff, but those threat scaling sci consoles look intriguing....

Rep sys cool too... Plasma flame thrower... might be handy when strolling the lesser used roads on New Romulus...

Dilithium, run those projects while building doffs back up, or sometimes no projects at all... oh my!

We went hard core at the start and soon realized that we'll get there when we get there, or not, just have fun doing it.
Click link at right and add your support!
Career Officer
# 26
11-16-2012, 09:21 PM
For the most part, my Fleets (KDF and Federation) are taking a vaction from Fleet Mark Grinding.

With Season 7, Starbase projects have gotten easier with the DOFF requirement being cut in half and the Bartender project no longer asking for Ale and Rotgut (BTW Cryptic, what you going to do with these missions now that nobody needs them?) Not to mention its easier to buy common fleet DOFFs and use them.

But when it comes to Embassies, we stopped after a few days. Because the Dilithium costs is just not in our favor as a small fleet. Even moreso the severe Costs that is involved with Tier 1's requirement, asking for 50 Uncommon Civilian DOFFs. (You realize how much Dilithium it's going to take just to ge 50 Uncommon Civilian DOFFs?)

Really disappointed Cryptic thinks so little of small fleets. So we are going play TOR F2P (for the story_ and only spending a few hours in STO for the Reputation system.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-16-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Captain
# 27
11-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidstorm View Post
Dilithium all has all but stopped flowing
This.

I was actually optimistic that season 7 would be GOOD for the starbase because we would have missions that gave both dilithium and fleet marks. Obviously, things didn't quite work out how we thought they would.
Captain
# 28
11-16-2012, 10:23 PM
On the plus side, DOFFs are a lot cheaper now than they were a month ago. I'm personally disappointed in that (was making a couple million EC daily off it) but its good for some people.
Captain
# 29
11-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Very interesting to hear some stories of fleets doing better - so those guys are your fleets becoming more active?

Also speaking to several fleet leaders one of the reasons I have heard that things on the dilthium front are still moving is that lots of members cashed out HUGE amounts of Borg stuff for dilthium before the change and have a big backlog now - but how are things going to be in a few weeks when the wells start to run dry?

Should be interesting to follow.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-17-2012, 12:37 AM
In 21 hours my fleet will be fully tier 2 and working our way to Tier 3 in tactical.

The grind isn't too bad, and we are only a handful of active contributors to the fleet projects, most of our membership does not donate much, and that is okay, donations are not mandatory.

Season 7 is a'okay, requirements for Doffs and other items have gone down to be reasonable, Fleet Doffs are coming more balanced, and over all the Embassy projects don't seem that demanding.

We'll be Tier 5 sometime before Season 10, but that is fine, STO is a game after all.

Jim