Lt. Commander
# 21
11-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Any comment on the issue in STFs currently where no dilithium is being awarded?
Ensign
# 22
11-13-2012, 01:10 PM
proudly patching since more than 3,5 h
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
11-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Next up, 3-5 hour missions to complete investigate officer reports (Required)!

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
# 24
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
just to lets you know cryptic even thou we can't play foundry missions I had one left in my mission log entery the date is are displayed as DD/MM/YYYY here's the screen shot link
Empire Veteran
# 25
11-15-2012, 11:36 AM
So can we get more of an ETA on this?
- Formerly Varrangian
Career Officer
# 26
11-16-2012, 05:44 PM
This seems to be taking quite a while, an update on the progress would be appreciated.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 27
11-16-2012, 05:59 PM
It is Star Trek Convention San Francisco weekend so don't expect a update until it is over since their offices are located in the South Bay I am sure they all are there.
Lieutenant
# 28
11-16-2012, 07:46 PM
I would just like to point out that the entire reason the foundry is still offline is the horrible testing they do before pushing their updates live. Now, before some pleeb says it, of course it is impossible to catch every bug. But that isnt even what I'm talking about.

What I'm talking about is the fact that the foundry update was one of the very last patches to hit tribble before S7 went live, meaning it got very little testing time. Furthermore, there were hardly any foundry missions on tribble to test. They should have copied every single spotlight mission, as well as several dozen random other missions from holodeck to tribble for testing purposes.

And what makes it worse is this is exactly what happened with season 6. They always wait until the last minute to put any foundry changes on tribble, meaning they dont get properly tested before the season launches, which is entirely their own fault. And then they dont even learn from their own previous mistakes.

So again: no, of course it is not possible to catch every bug. However it is possible to test things the right way, and waiting until the last minute is not the right way.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
11-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Meow, that's just what I said ... foundry is down after every season patch, and not only a day or two, no ... it's two weeks minimum, usually a month.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Captain
# 30
11-18-2012, 04:45 AM
(Still kind of new at this game, though I been playin it for a few months now), and only now have I got real curious bout this foundry thingy.

From what I've been told in the forums, us "silver" or "free-to-play" folk, can create foundry missions as well, (I believe).

So I'm going to give it a go, cause I got some good idea's I'd luv to share for a mission for people on the game. Yet what sucks is that it's not clickable, the "create content", and the reason is obviously because of the new season as I have read here.

Anyone know when we can click on create content yet? I wanna try this foundry stuff out!

-Aaron
Closed Thread