Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
11-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
Anyone that uses the upgrinder to get a RANDOM purple doff is a complete moron, has no idea how the system works and as far as I'm concerned, deserves the boning they get...

Use the multiple free missions or buy them from the exchange, pretty freaking easy.
I don't think the Asylum missions give Engineering doffs with the Resolved trait required for Mk XII console fabrication though.
Lieutenant
# 42
11-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
Anyone that uses the upgrinder to get a RANDOM purple doff is a complete moron, has no idea how the system works and as far as I'm concerned, deserves the boning they get...

Use the multiple free missions or buy them from the exchange, pretty freaking easy.
the grinder has a small chance to giving the ultra rare doffs so it was worth grinding up unwanted blues.
Career Officer
# 43
11-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbart View Post
I don't think the Asylum missions give Engineering doffs with the Resolved trait required for Mk XII console fabrication though.
Correct the only way to get those is from packs or the doff grinder...

Simply put all the "experts" arguing this is a good thing, well it is for them because they have a surplus of Purple Doffs they want to make extortionate amounts of EC from. Furthermore they benefit by others not acquiring the Console Doffs... once again to exploit the market.

I think also the Caitian chain only offers Flight Deck officers, though I could be wrong but that seems to be what the Wiki is inferring, so that chain is basically useless for most players if that is the case.

I don't think the grinder was a problem at all, except to Cryptic who wanted their Zen store offering to be more of a cash-cow.
Career Officer
# 44
11-16-2012, 05:12 PM
I think they are trying to make white doffs a commodity for building Starbases and all higher doffs for doing doff missions.

By putting a cost onto upgrading doffs but not down grading them they will make whites very cheap and the greens, blues, and purples very expensive.

Once a purple and blue doff gets into the game more than likely it will never leave (unless it is not a good one). Greens are for the start of doing doff missions which later they want you to make into whites.

I don?t remember when or where but I thought that they want high quality doffs to be very expensive. That?s why they put in the big hungry man eating Starbases into the game.

Also I think doff prices are falling at the moment. Some whites are only 3k or 4k.
I am @allenlabarge in game
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-16-2012, 07:15 PM
I wonder if the changes are supposed to support a larger ploy to get us to buy doff packs instead of the grinding. You know just saying they may have had a reason besides making it a dilithium sink?
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Are people really this stupid?

I only gave two options.

Free missions or purchase from the exchange.

Dilithium upgrades are not viable.
Captain
# 47
11-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
They do if you stumble upon a Cardassian, Bajoran or Ferasan asylum.

Also, there's also the officer exchange missions - any non-military non-photonic doff can be exchanged for a doff of the specific race. Karemman and Paradan ones are the best, they CANNOT give anything worse than a green even if you throw a white in - makes for good material for the exchanges that actually yield Resolve. (look up, replace "asylum" with exchange)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Empire Veteran
# 48
11-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Bajoran exchange do. It's slower though.

Again, most of the complaints come from ignorance, thanks for proving my point!
Career Officer
# 49
11-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Again, most of the complaints come from ignorance
Agreed. The goal is to tighten the screws on players and make them spend cash on Zen.

Watching the Dil exchange tumble as players spend, the strategy is obviously working as intended.
Captain
# 50
11-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Agreed. The goal is to tighten the screws on players and make them spend cash on Zen.

Watching the Dil exchange tumble as players spend, the strategy is obviously working as intended.
Don't you dare twist his post!

He meant ignorance of just about every doff-granting mission and you know it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.