Commander
# 1 Just unlocked tier 1 and wow.
11-16-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm speechless. I just unlocked tier 1 for both the Romulan and Omega reputation systems and boy did we get *@&#ed. for all those who said this system was a step in the right direction, i hope you guys eat your words.

first, according to the ui, picking your passive abilities are permanent and unchangeable. so be careful. there is a box that asks are you sure. but once that's locked in, youre locked in.

sooo, after 80 hours of project time, i had to run an additional 1 hour upgrade project to unlock tier 1. no biggie.

when i finally unlocked tier one, that's when all the fun began. no new reputation projects, the same 2000 and 800 ones. however, the other changes are what peaked my attention.

if you wanted to unlock a mk x omega armor, it is a 40 hour project that lets you requisition 1 piece. if you wanted to unlock a mk x deflector, it's a 40 hour project that lets you requestion 1 piece. WHAT THE *#^@? these projects take up one of your two project slots.

if you want to use the store, which was supposed to unlock in the sequential tiers, here's a shocker. you need to unlock each tier by running another 40 hour project. those tabs from the former omega store are each 40 hour projects, so if you wanted a split beam and a pulsewave weapon, you would have to unlock 2- 40 hour projects just for the ability to buy the weapons with dilithium.

each and every benefit described under each tier is a 40 hour project you need to unlock. INCLUDING THE ROMULAN CONSUMABLES! the one time use consumables are 40 hour projects as well.

so i ask you again, what the *#$&?

Thank you very much for all those who said this new reputation system would be a step in the right direction. I really hope you enjoy using this system for each and every one of your characters.

Want to outfit your boffs with full mk xii gear? that's 4 toons x 3 items each = 12 items total. 12 items x 40 hours = 480 hours. that's not including the 59 and change days you need to wait before even unlocking the tier 5 stuff, running projects back to back to back without missing a beat.

thank you very much. enjoy your new content.

attached are pictures. enjoy looking at what's waiting for you.

http://i.imgur.com/8jOcf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ySi53.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tiqiX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VngCx.jpg

wow. just wow.

[edit]
Breakdown of what is offered in Tier 1 Omega and Romulan Rep
How much time will be spent waiting for gear to unlock
How much dil is needed for 1 set of mk xii gear

My prediction for time gated projects after Tier 1.

[update 11.20]
Update
Change is a coming

Last edited by xsharpex; 11-20-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-16-2012, 11:36 PM
I will take this compared to farming STFs for 5 straight months, every single day and not getting a single piece of proto tech. I don't know about you.. maybe you got all your proto tech on your first runs, but I was way more frustrated with the previous system.

But OP, a question, do you need to unlock MkX to gain access to MkXII? As far as i know you can skip MkX if you don't want it.

If you need to unlock MkX to get to MkXII, then that's screwed up!
Career Officer
# 3
11-16-2012, 11:36 PM
ya this sounds soooo fun!!!!!!!!! i hate this fleet base system and that what the rep system is a fleet base system limit this time limit that since season 6 we always get limits
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Xsharpex thank you for the numbers and specifics. I have been trying to pry this information for days. So the truth is its going to take days to get the gear after the unlock, and then more days to unlock the next rep that is just fing great.

I have one question a tribble tester before launch claimed that the gear also cost duty officers, can you confirm this?

Thanks again for the numbers.
Captain
# 5
11-16-2012, 11:40 PM
What hoops do you have to jump thru to
Proceed to tier 2 ?
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Cryptic.. Can we please have more project slots for the reputation system?

3 seems inadequate for your "wonderful?" new system. Here I thought we're all travelling faster than speed of light.
Rihannsu
# 7
11-16-2012, 11:45 PM
why would anyone want to have MK X, or XI? then upgrade to MK XII and pay the triple Dill?

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 8
11-16-2012, 11:45 PM
That's what I have been trying to explain to everyone..

You don't unlock anything, you unlock the permission for an unlock permission lmfao

Tier unlock. Unlock tier permission. Unlock individual items.

And you are going to love the sets themselves, after you do all that and get all 3 pieces, guess what, ANOTHER unlock to be allowed to edit the set

/edit

ps. Also if you are dumb enough to actually start unlocking an item you will pass up on leveling projects - losing not 2 days for every item you go after, gg

Last edited by vestereng; 11-16-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
why would anyone want to have MK X, or XI? then upgrade to MK XII and pay the triple Dill?
For a new player they might want to get the Mk X ground gear first for the insta-modulate.
Commander
# 10
11-16-2012, 11:48 PM
romulan:

scorpion hangar pet blue quality: 60 rom marks, 10k dil, 30 engi or ops doffs, 10k expertise, 1 tod'uj fighter, 5 warp coils.

consumable: reman reinforcements - guards elites (char bind on pickup, consumed on use): 10 rom marks, 1,250 dil, 1.5k exp, 5 tac or sec doffs, 2 large power cells, 1 common mk v personal shield

consumable: rom reinforcements - security team (char bind on pickup, consumed on use): same as above

romulan store unlocks (x3 - plasma pistol mk xi, plasma rifle mk xi, plasma assault weapon mk xi): 60 rom marks, 10k expertise, 10 energy cells, 20 shield generators

omega:

mk x armor: 250 omega marks, 3.5k dil, 1k exp, 60 shield gens
mk x shield: 250 omega marks, 3.5k dil, 1k exp, 60 shield gens
mk x weapon: 250 omega marks, 3.5k dil, 1k exp, 15 industrial energy cells

mk x assimilated deflector dish: 450 OM, 14k dil, 10k exp, 30 com arrays
mk x assimilated impulse engines: 450 OM, 14k dil, 10k exp, 8 warp coils
mk x assimilated shield array: 450 OM, 14k dil, 10k exp, 60 shield gens
assimilated console: 500 OM, 15k dil, 10k exp, 25 astro probes

store unlocks (x3 - rifle, pistol, and assault weapons mk x): 60 OM, 10k exp, 10 industrial energy cells, 20 shield generators

each project 1 day 16 hours. the 3rd upgrade slot can not be used for any of these. only the 2 dedicated project slots.

Last edited by xsharpex; 11-17-2012 at 12:10 AM.