Starfleet Veteran
# 11
11-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
I will take this compared to farming STFs for 5 straight months, every single day and not getting a single piece of proto tech. I don't know about you.. maybe you got all your proto tech on your first runs, but I was way more frustrated with the previous system.

But OP, a question, do you need to unlock MkX to gain access to MkXII? As far as i know you can skip MkX if you don't want it.

If you need to unlock MkX to get to MkXII, then that's screwed up!
I agree 100% anything is better then the old luck system that was a screwed up mess from the beginning i have 8 toons and constantly running stfs on all of them and only got the MK XII set on 1 of them so at least this way we have a goal to work twords, sorry for those of you who where lucky and got them right away but it wasnt fair to us unlucky peeps
Community Moderator
# 12
11-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
For a new player they might want to get the Mk X ground gear first for the insta-modulate.
I think this is a definite point. I know I always tended to with new toons under the old system That set bonus is sweet
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 13
11-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Scorpion fighters are 10,000 dil, 60 marks and 30 doff.

You could do that, or, simply go to the shipyard and get green fighters for 4,150 ECs

Remember kids, if you start any item projects you lose 2 days of leveling, don't be a sucker

/edit

ps. about remodulation simply roam with 2 x shotgun so you can still be effective in combat using knockdown instead of dps or use 1 melee weapon depending on your kit/career.

Last edited by vestereng; 11-16-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Captain
# 14
11-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by avarseir
I will take this compared to farming STFs for 5 straight months, every single day and not getting a single piece of proto tech. I don't know about you.. maybe you got all your proto tech on your first runs, but I was way more frustrated with the previous system.

But OP, a question, do you need to unlock MkX to gain access to MkXII? As far as i know you can skip MkX if you don't want it.

---------------------

Don't be fooled

They could have fixed the drops I'n the old system anytime
They just didn't want too

They could have given it to you with a accolade

Or like when admiral Quinn gave you a new ship

They didn't want to fix the old system
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 15
11-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Originally Posted by avarseir

---------------------

Don't be fooled

They could have fixed the drops I'n the old system anytime
They just didn't want too

They could have given it to you with a accolade

Or like when admiral Quinn gave you a new ship

They didn't want to fix the old system
this 1000 times ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and to add ummmmm idk up the drop rate!!!! but again that would have been to easy..........
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 16
11-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Not surprised at all.

In fact, it's about what I expected, though I figured the gear projects would only be 20 hours. 40 seems excessive for that.

It's not any different from the Starbase gear unlocks. Easier, in fact; starbase stuff requires you do a project for the requisitions then forces you to pay fleet credits for the gear you want. This is the same thing without the fleet store in the middle and for a single player instead of having to supply a fleet.
Career Officer
Then looked at the amount of grinding that will be involved with not only unlocking the other tiers...but each individual item you want to unlock.

All I can say is...

ummm....no.
Commander
# 18
11-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:

I wouldn't put it past them to require a mk x set to upgrade to a mk xi set. they are already requiring a faction specific mk xii set in order to get your adapted maco/hg set. we won't be able to find out until we unlock tier 3.

p.s. i find it almost statistically impossible for you to have farmed ELITE stfs each day for 5 straight months and have yet to get a single proto tech drop ever. in two months, i have farmed enough tech to outfit two of my toons in both mk xii omega and khg sets, as well as at least 4 other mk xii sets for my doffs. that's not counting the other 2 toons i started with both their mk xii sets as well. and yes, that is running ELITE stfs every day, give or take.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91&postcount=1 ---> here is my proof that tech drops were not impossible to get. where's yours? please note the date of when the toon was created and the date the post was made.

Last edited by xsharpex; 11-17-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Captain
# 19
11-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Everyone who says he farmed for 5 months without a drop is a flat out liar.

Maybe you remember yourself wanting the set for 5 months...

I made a character after I heard about the sets going in season 7 and I got everything including MK XII ground - plus I had to level it first.

I never had any problems on any of my characters, but say it WAS true, do you really think it's fair to kill everything on stf just so you can get your ground set?

Anyway I am pretty sure you can skip the MK XI, however you will need MK XII for the adapted version unlock.
I am a little annoyed at people like you, it's your fault we are in this mess in the first place
Captain
# 20
11-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Cryptic.. Can we please have more project slots for the reputation system?

3 seems inadequate for your "wonderful?" new system. Here I thought we're all travelling faster than speed of light.
Why would you think that? They want these things to take months, if not years to complete, because then people won't breeze through them and get bored before the next round of content.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!