Career Officer
# 21
11-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Why would you think that? They want these things to take months, if not years to complete, because then people won't breeze through them and get bored before the next round of content.

But it often backfires with people like me who look at it and say "I already have one job, I don't need another"

I was already waffling as to whether I was going to keep playing after recently returning to the game.
Ensign
# 22
11-17-2012, 12:49 AM
I said "no" to the whole "personal starbase" tier system before this was discovered. It is stupid to have to spend months just to re-earn something you previously had; insanely expensive, and majorly time consuming and generally more of a hassle then I could possibly want to deal with.

If I had an extra 40~ish hours a week to dedicate to something; I would spend that time at a second job to earn money, not spend that time grinding for virtual items and paying for the privelige of doing so.

On the plus side, now I get to laugh loudly and shake my head derisively while saying "No".
Career Officer
# 23
11-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Thought they said, they removed the dil requirements to buy stuff in the omega store? or did they meant the dil requirements to acquire omega reputation?
Ensign
# 24
11-17-2012, 12:54 AM
From my understanding; just the Tier system no longer has Dil requirements; You still need to spend a fair stockpile of Dil to buy items once unlocked.
Commander
# 25
11-17-2012, 12:58 AM
bare minimum amount of time to unlock the necessities per character:

tier 0-5:
100,000 xp /2800 xp per project cycle = 31.7 project cycles
31.7 project cycles * 40 hours per project cycle = 1428.6 hours

mk xii pulsewave: 40 hours
mk xii split beam: 40 hours

mk xii armor: 40 hours
mk xii weapon: 40 hours
mk xii psg: 40 hours

mk xii deflector: 40 hours
mk xii engine: 40 hours
mk xii shield: 40 hours

@ 2 projects per cycle, total time = 320 hours/2 = 160 hours

add 120 hours for the new set of assimilated console, cutting beam and omega torpedo
add 120 hours for the 2nd set
add 120 hours for the adapted set
add 160 hours for all the costume unlocks

@ 2 projects per cycle, total time = 520 hours/2 = 260 hours

+5 hours, 1 for each tier unlock

total time: 1853.6 hours or 77.23 days per every brand spanking new toon.

that's just the waiting time too! insane, no?

the best part? after all this farming, what are you going to do with your new found sets after waiting all this time? more farming. LOL... oh the irony. all the while, picking up the slack of all of those around you who haven't completed the same grind. If you thought public queues and some private games were bad? Just wait until you have all these new, completely under geared guys trying to participate.

Last edited by xsharpex; 11-17-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 26
11-17-2012, 12:59 AM
All I have to say is FAIL!!!!! Sorry you need to make the game fun to play. Ok maybe most like to play an asian farm game. I just don't get this move. Wait yes I do. Its all about money. Not the fans of Star Trek. I just feel like you just want to R *A*P*E* us all. I miss the old Star Trek Online. Episodes that where fun to play. And gear that was fun to obtain once you finish working hard with your fleet. This is a sad day. Man I even have to space the word I want to say thats messed up.

Last edited by itslieutenantdan; 11-17-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
11-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
bare minimum amount of time to unlock the necessities per character:

tier 0-5:
100,000 xp /2800 xp per project cycle = 31.7 project cycles
31.7 project cycles * 40 hours per project cycle = 1428.6 hours

mk xii pulsewave: 40 hours
mk xii split beam: 40 hours

mk xii armor: 40 hours
mk xii weapon: 40 hours
mk xii psg: 40 hours

mk xii deflector: 40 hours
mk xii engine: 40 hours
mk xii shield: 40 hours

@ 2 projects per cycle, total time = 320 hours/2 = 160 hours

add 120 hours for the new set of assimilated console, cutting beam and omega torpedo
add 120 hours for the 2nd set
add 120 hours for the adapted set
add 160 hours for all the costume unlocks

@ 2 projects per cycle, total time = 520 hours/2 = 260 hours

+5 hours, 1 for each tier unlock

total time: 1853.6 hours or 77.23 days per every brand spanking new toon.

that's just the waiting time too! insane, no?

i couldnt agree more.

i get they want to make content to last longer they get to sit around on ass doing nothing i get that.

but from the players point of view i aint doing it screw this game i just wish i had not sunk over ?1000 on this game.

how about craptic starts earning there pay checks and make some bloody content.

this is just one more reason why cryptic should never have got the ip
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
11-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itslieutenantdan View Post
All I have to say is FAIL!!!!! Sorry you need to make the game fun to play. Ok maybe most like to play an asian farm game. I just don't get this move. Wait yes I do. Its all about money. Not the fans of Star Trek. I just feel like you just want to R *A*P*E* us all. I miss the old Star Trek Online. Episodes that where fun to play. And gear that was fun to obtain once you finish working hard with your fleet. This is a sad day. Man I even have to space the word I want to say thats messed up.
exactly man im refusing to play til they fix this mess i aint grinding all this crap why should i
Career Officer
# 29
11-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
i couldnt agree more.

i get they want to make content to last longer they get to sit around on ass doing nothing i get that.

but from the players point of view i aint doing it screw this game i just wish i had not sunk over ?1000 on this game.

how about craptic starts earning there pay checks and make some bloody content.

this is just one more reason why cryptic should never have got the ip
omg this soooooo badly this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but to add i would put it more in the fleet base type of content then say story ya there a very small story on NR but keywords was very small
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 11-17-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-17-2012, 01:11 AM
For those saying this new system is better, and they grinded the old system and got nothing your full of it. I ran the stfs prior to season 7 for 3 days on my max Fed and Klingon. I was able to get the borg sets with ease, and I was able to pick up 2 MKXII weapon items on my klingon. To top it off I was able to get my Klingon a MKXII Honor Guard shield for my ship. I am sure I got blessed on this but the fact is if you looked at the old vendors you could turn in 40 of the old item to get a new item without having the salvage . The old system was way better.