Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 41
11-17-2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Everyone who says he farmed for 5 months without a drop is a flat out liar.
It took me 8 months to complete my first set, thank you very much.

And I know people who been playing since Day 1 and didn't even complete any sets by the time S7 launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post

Don't be fooled

They could have fixed the drops I'n the old system anytime
They just didn't want too

They could have given it to you with a accolade

Or like when admiral Quinn gave you a new ship

They didn't want to fix the old system

So true.

Just find it funny they kept saying they were making it easier. Those who didn't complete their sets, got to grind for 2 more months, and pay 34000 Dilithium per set piece.

So bascially Cryptic they kicked them in the nuts and said "its good for you".

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-17-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 236
# 42
11-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
True you need to spend another 40 hours per each item in addition to the 58 days of permission unlock.

The whole we are helping the casuals argument is invalid, htf can it be our problem you don't have time to play.

So the whole damned server has to wait for you to spend quality time with your wife watching survivor until we can play and get all our items locked up because you gave up on ground missions.

Royally to hell with that, if you don't have time to play be gone. Everyone who is actively supporting the "well I can get my sets new!" are actively sabotaging this game
Need I say more?

All the complaints and whines, though some are valid, are mostly just noise. Learn to post logically w/o undermining your argument.

Cryptic made this game to attract large number of people, from all sorts of background. Many of those people may not have the time to play as much as some of the hardcore players who live and breathe STO.

Surely you Trek fans would not go against your very own: "Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." - Captain Spock, Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 24
# 43
11-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
Moreover, you need to run every single STF to get the respective drops. Now, the average player, could just do the STF he finds easy enough and still reach the final destination.
So, you're implying I am getting punished now for liking ground STFs? When everyone starts only playing the same fast space STFs for the grind as you don't need to ever play a ground STF again in order to get the ground sets?
... in some ways, you're even worse than the Borg. At least they tell you about their plans for assimilation. You're more insidious, you assimilate people - and they don't even know it. - Michael Eddington
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 245
# 44
11-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
Need I say more?

All the complaints and whines, though some are valid, are mostly just noise. Learn to post logically w/o undermining your argument.

Cryptic made this game to attract large number of people, from all sorts of background. Many of those people may not have the time to play as much as some of the hardcore players who live and breathe STO.

Surely you Trek fans would not go against your very own: "Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." - Captain Spock, Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan.
Are you bipolar or something ?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,700
# 45
11-17-2012, 03:09 AM
I just read that the Romulan ground weapons are only wide beam pistol, high density rifle and minigun. That killed about 70% of my motivation. I had hoped to equip my captain and my BOs with matching weapons, but without compression pistol, split beam rifle, shotgun etc? No dice.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 236
# 46
11-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktyrrell View Post
So, you're implying I am getting punished now for liking ground STFs? When everyone starts only playing the same fast space STFs for the grind as you don't need to ever play a ground STF again in order to get the ground sets?
I'm not saying that you should be punished for liking ground STFs. I happen to like ground missions more than space ones too.

Not sure if you notice but I did made an argument before S7 launch that now everyone would be playing ISE and KASE and probably just those 2. (Made this comment at the comment box for the news, i think).

So, I'm not happy ground STFs are getting less crowds now.

Notice that my argument is: "Playing STF he likes"
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,001
# 47
11-17-2012, 03:10 AM
So you didn't get any drops for 5 months? Because that's what he said.

I made a character after blog 8 and I got all the drops and more including leveling.

And yes, I did have to continually farm the same map I already beta 900 times, that I can solo, and yes I did have a tsunami wave of rookies ragequitting on me and yes I did hate every second.
But I got it done, albeit it was easy to get motivated knowing what season 7 was bringing

That aside they didn't have to kill the one thing that was actually working in the game, you could have kept everything as it were and simply added thet set to the c-store.
Or like you said increased the drop rate.
OR like with lockboxes and lobis, if you have 200 hundred you are guaranteed the item.

Part of what makes me sick about the reputation system is the amount of recycled content.

Like it was too fragile to stand alone and had to hog from stf, now they are both equally worthless, terrific
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 48
11-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
I just read that the Romulan ground weapons are only wide beam pistol, high density rifle and minigun. That killed about 70% of my motivation. I had hoped to equip my captain and my BOs with matching weapons, but without compression pistol, split beam rifle, shotgun etc? No dice.
Too bad the Romulan consoles aren't part of the reputation system, they are actually worth it.

Too bad the Embassy System is even worse than the Fleet and Reputation systems combined. Mega Dilithum Sinks here.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 656
# 49
11-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
I can't emphasize this more.. what the community should work towards is to get the requirements for the unlocks reduced rather than asking for old system back.
There was nothing wrong with the old system.
If PWE wanted to fix the problem, they would have increased prototype-level drops but they didn't.
They brought in this very disruptive system that isn't making gameplay better.
In theory, it makes it easier to get Mk XII Omega/MACO/Borg gear.
The opposite is evident.

BUT, gameplay wasn't the motivating factor was it?
No.
PWE wanted to increase revenue.
They tried to sneak it in...well, its obvious now.
I don't blame a business for trying to create more revenue.

All PWE had to say was "we'd like to switch to this reward system to generate more income so we can continue to offer this game as F2P."
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,101
# 50
11-17-2012, 03:20 AM
system's actually a kick in the balls to CASUAL players, the old system was BETTER for casuals-even if you could not manage the MkXII sets (myself in case of point), you COULD manage, wihtout spending a full work-day grinding, MkXI sets on a pretty regular basis, and the 3 non-console bits from Assimilated were fairly readily available (yes, I actually DID run Borg Shields and no console-it was still better than most of the crap on the Exchange and cost less at the time than less-capable dilith. gear.)

Comparable time investment (not to mention materiel investment, including things that cost EDC or were actively useful IN the STFs, like regenerators, large hypo, etc.) was significantly less, even WITHOUT drops.

This Rep system ONLY works if your whole universe revolves around playing STO from the time you get up, until you finally MUST sleep.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 AM.