Ensign
# 341
11-17-2012, 03:59 AM
hope u all are happy u screwed up the dill exchange now u get crap for dill when u sell zen and crap for zen when u sell dill all u cry babys are ruining this game and turning it into a pay to win wich will cost cryptic all its money soon so give your selves a pat on back your killing sto
Lt. Commander
# 342
11-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmike82 View Post
hope u all are happy u screwed up the dill exchange now u get crap for dill when u sell zen and crap for zen when u sell dill all u cry babys are ruining this game and turning it into a pay to win wich will cost cryptic all its money soon so give your selves a pat on back your killing sto
Good, good. Sooner it dies the better. Then maybe someone more competent gets the IP
Career Officer
# 343
11-17-2012, 04:15 AM
Thank you for retracting some of your changes, but this is the way I feel about S7

Sang like Adam Sandler:

Grind grind grind, all day long
Grind grind grind, while I sing dis song
Gonna grind this game, gonna make me poor
With the high priced items in the ol' c-store
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Captain
# 344
11-17-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
You are, of course, aware that Zen prices are being bid down because there is demand for dilithium, right? Dilithium clearly has value as people are spending money to acquire it faster than farming and refining it themselves allows. If anything, the price of Zen per dilithium going down is indicative of people spending *more* money on the game, not less.
Career Officer
# 345
11-17-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Thank u very much for this information.
But im sure u know that there is a cap in how much dilithium ore u can refine per day and charakter. I think this is ur tool to control the total amount of dilithium that is getting into this game per day.
So why cant we get dilithiumore or other currencies in every mission we play or decide on our own with wich currency we want to be rewarded? I ask this question because i (and a lot of other players too) spent money to get more characterslots and at the moment u made it nearly impossible that i can do something useful with all of this characters. Because its no fun to do the same mission thounsands of times to get the rewards that i need to have progression on all my characters.
I want to play this game and i want to have fun doing this.

Thx for reading.
Lieutenant
# 346
11-17-2012, 05:12 AM
That's good, because I was using the STF as a mean to get dilitium for the fleet projects. I like the STF, I like the fact that I can get stuff to equip my ship and dilitium for the fleet. I don't want be forced to do other PvE for the dilitium and have to choose between my personal need and the fleet. Like most, I have limited time for the game, so I want to maximize it.

There is already enough complain about the reputation system! That I think is good for "new" players/characters that didn't reach end game yet, but frustrating for people that already there and jut need a few more MK XII item and now need to start anew! You should at least have given some head start to old timer STF players.

And as we are talking of the changes, one of my fleet member remark that the general recruitment now cost 1000 dilitium? To get a (or a few) random officer(s), seriously? I understand that we need to pay for specific officers, but always have some difficulty with paying for random stuff.
Ensign
# 347
11-17-2012, 07:21 AM
working as intended
Lieutenant
# 348
11-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
The only people to blame are Cryptic and their devs, 'coz they failed to listen to the storm of protest before Season 7 was launched. 90 % of this community saw it coming and said "NO" against it. But then, we have a little expression in our country : The one that burns his butt, has to sit on the blisters.
Lieutenant
# 349 we giveth and taketh away...
11-17-2012, 01:22 PM
So hilarious btw....
While you all were whining about lack of dil and drops from Elite STFs (when the drops were pure RNG and now you have to actually earn it instead of leaving it to chance)...
The rest of us who were smart enough to find out were farming SB24 for 1400 dil per run.

Well, perhaps that was an exploit right? I still feel that gold subs and lifetime subs should be able to have 16k or 24k of dil to refine per day rather than the current low limit. Why aren't the subs treated better?

Now? Now everyone gets to do dozens of things instead of only a few things. You don't get burnt out on the content as quickly if you're changin it up.

Perhaps instead of exclusively farming Elite STFs for dil, try doing a few other things as well.

Hell, the Academy Event was one of the most profitable dil sources and now its a bit of a joke.
Career Officer
In our fleet, when a 'special project' came up, I dropped the 200k Dilithium TWICE to get them going. Sure it was a good chuck of my stash, but I felt I could make that up in a reasonable amount of time. No longer!

Now with the drought of Dil, I don't contribute more than a few hundred Dil. Makes me wish I had kept my 400k for these lean times. I'll go back to making WoW my primary free-time sink instead of STO. I'll just pop on to fill my Doff missions once a day, maybe do a mission to get some marks and then go run around Panda-land w/ my druid.

I'm LTS, so I'll just let my measly monthly stipend accrue. Maybe by Season 8 the devs here will come to their senses and not think that players want to spend
half the day grinding Dil on the same boring missions we've been doing for 3yrs.

But even if they DO want to change things for the better (I'll give Dastahl and crew the benefit of the doubt), Our Glorious Chinese Overlords will probably just put a stop to it and STO will just grind it's player-base to nothing and we'll see what the next Trek IP lessee does. I could really go for a Birth of the Federation II game.

Last edited by dracounguis; 11-17-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Closed Thread