Lieutenant
the only difference i see is that previously you would WANT to do something, now you NEED to and i dont know about you others but i hate needing to do anything.

Usually if u need to do something its a chore

ok so there is a bit of new content but that hugely overshadowed by the above..
Career Officer
# 2
11-17-2012, 07:51 AM
I'd agree with this. I like doing my own thing, at my own pace. I haven't actually touched the game since the Season 7 launch cause I'm still outraged at the Doff Dilithium Prices, but if / when I do continue playing (when said Doff Dilithium Prices are reduced) I doubt very much I'll be rushing to complete the Romulan or Omega Marks.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-17-2012, 07:54 AM
The main change I see are on the forums. We switched to "season 6 is shi*" to "season 7 is shi* and season 6 was a paradize". Let's wait for season 8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I doubt very much I'll be rushing to complete the Romulan or Omega Marks.
That's not a chore then. You'll have fun doing it if you do it when you want to.
Career Officer
# 4
11-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
That's not a chore then. You'll have fun doing it if you do it when you want to.
Except, don't those projects come with a time-frame, as in, you can start with when you want, but you need to finish them within a set amount of time? Unless I've read up on them wrong, that's the information I got from them, and I'm not about to dedicate several hours of my life to fulfilling something that gives you a bog-standard Romulan Bridge Officer that you cannot customize.

It's a waste of resources.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Except, don't those projects come with a time-frame, as in, you can start with when you want, but you need to finish them within a set amount of time? Unless I've read up on them wrong, that's the information I got from them, and I'm not about to dedicate several hours of my life to fulfilling something that gives you a bog-standard Romulan Bridge Officer that you cannot customize.

It's a waste of resources.
You've been mistaken, you should really try it by yourself instead of reading the constant whinning on the forums. You can fill your project whenever you want. The timer to completion is rather long but it's made to make the requirements low. Season 7 is build for casual play, and most of the people complaining here are hardcore players. They can complain about it because they quickly have nothing to do after 1h of play (like myself).
Captain
# 6
11-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
You've been mistaken, you should really try it by yourself instead of reading the constant whinning on the forums. You can fill your project whenever you want. The timer to completion is rather long but it's made to make the requirements low. Season 7 is build for casual play, and most of the people complaining here are hardcore players. They can complain about it because they quickly have nothing to do after 1h of play (like myself).
Guess what I did try it. IT sucks. And look, subs are leaving so they are losing money, what about that you don't UNDERSTAND!
Captain
# 7
11-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
The main change I see are on the forums. We switched to "season 6 is shi*" to "season 7 is shi* and season 6 was a paradize". Let's wait for season 8!
Quoted for truth.
# 8
11-17-2012, 05:24 PM
They abolished all the choices that made the game interesting and appealing to a wide audience. They have deliberately compounded the amount of tedious grind required and removed alternative ways of accomplishing goals.

I used to have fun trying out all the different character builds that might be viable, and happily spent lots of money twinking out all my captains thoughtfully, to my heart's desire. Their crews and ships were fun to outfit, even though it was a lot of work and expense. If I got bored of one aspect of the game, there were plenty of other things to do, all with rewards enough to make them worth doing. I wasn't shoehorned into a single goal nor any single path to accomplish it.

Now I don't even want to login. I mean, why bother? I can't hope to accomplish anything meaningful without investing many months of tedious narrow laborious effort, all for the privilege of paying an exorbitant dilithium fee to craft my own STF loot. What? You obviously think your customer base is completely stupid.

I had just purchased $200 in Zen during the recent sale, and now there's nothing worth spending it on. I'm sure as hell not going to turn it into dilithium to dump into your bottomless money pit. Your greed is insatiable and you are killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Meanwhile, my Jedi Sentinel is dual-wielding lightsabers. SWTOR is a truly awful game. The dialog is so bad, it could have been written by Lucas himself. I laugh out loud at how stupid it is but I am having more fun with F2P in that turd of a game than as a Lifetime member in your new vision of Star Trek Online. You have abolished everything I enjoyed doing in STO, and the longer you refuse to do anything about it, the more players are going to jump ship and go play World of Star Warscraft.
KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?

Last edited by omfg4202; 11-17-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Ensign
# 9 for sure
11-17-2012, 10:25 PM
This is a very good answer. I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by omfg4202 View Post
They abolished all the choices that made the game interesting and appealing to a wide audience. They have deliberately compounded the amount of tedious grind required and removed alternative ways of accomplishing goals.

I used to have fun trying out all the different character builds that might be viable, and happily spent lots of money twinking out all my captains thoughtfully, to my heart's desire. Their crews and ships were fun to outfit, even though it was a lot of work and expense. If I got bored of one aspect of the game, there were plenty of other things to do, all with rewards enough to make them worth doing. I wasn't shoehorned into a single goal nor any single path to accomplish it.

Now I don't even want to login. I mean, why bother? I can't hope to accomplish anything meaningful without investing many months of tedious narrow laborious effort, all for the privilege of paying an exorbitant dilithium fee to craft my own STF loot. What? You obviously think your customer base is completely stupid.

I had just purchased $200 in Zen during the recent sale, and now there's nothing worth spending it on. I'm sure as hell not going to turn it into dilithium to dump into your bottomless money pit. Your greed is insatiable and you are killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Meanwhile, my Jedi Sentinel is dual-wielding lightsabers. SWTOR is a truly awful game. The dialog is so bad, it could have been written by Lucas himself. I laugh out loud at how stupid it is but I am having more fun with F2P in that turd of a game than as a Lifetime member in your new vision of Star Trek Online. You have abolished everything I enjoyed doing in STO, and the longer you refuse to do anything about it, the more players are going to jump ship and go play World of Star Warscraft.
Career Officer
# 10
11-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:

Season 8 is ****! Season 7 was Awesome!