Lieutenant
# 61
11-17-2012, 02:39 AM
Dead on, it's become another job. In the past I had enough fun I had to set an alarm to remember to go to bed and not keep playing all night, but now even the STFs I used to lose myself in feel like work. Why?

Because rewards from them have been significantly reduced as there is absolutely 0 chance of picking up any form of upgrade or chunk of extra dilithium

Because 4/5 of my Fleet feel it's become too much grind as well and aren't spending more than an hour online now, assuming they log on at all

Because many of use are tired of being ignored over the years. Yes, we wanted to have the loot system changed. We even specifically told you that we wanted to move those salvage and tech drops to group rolls, but instead we get a time gated rep system that costs us quite a bit to open..... not to mention those hundreds to thousands of runs you've already done don't count toward this new system

Those were all S7 changes. THOSE are why fleets are withering already, not the dilithium changes, thought they certainly didn't help. But all the defenders want to see and poke at is the anger over the dilithium changes, which tells me many of them probably aren't happy with the rest so they cling to the one set of changes they feel strongly in favor of.
Ensign
# 62
11-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Happy little asian mentality WON!Welcome to the start of the END!
BRING FORTH THE CHINESE FARMERS AND MULTI TASK BOTS! LET THEM HAVE A BONE ALSO DARN IT!
Commander
# 63
11-17-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantay View Post
Happy little asian mentality WON!Welcome to the start of the END!
BRING FORTH THE CHINESE FARMERS AND MULTI TASK BOTS! LET THEM HAVE A BONE ALSO DARN IT!
=( i'm chinese and i used to farm stfs... but even i don't support what's going on.
Survivor of Romulus
# 64
11-17-2012, 05:36 AM
First things first, the Dilithium side of the Fleet projects has stopped, players nw want to keep the D for themselfs, i can not blame them.

Season 7 is a complete fail in our eyes, it has killed the game.

Thing is we loved the old STF style, we loved hanging around DS9, doing a few runs to get Salvage to buy and test other weapon types, i imagined them just opening another Alcove/Shop with newer STF's as the game progressed.

All they had to do was add to the system and fix the drop rates.

But they completely went the other way against the players wishes.

Who the hell is going to run Infected Ground? there is no need at all. It is even more pointless now.

Adding D to Feel actions was nice, but they should have left STF as it was and added a Accolade to complete all Fleet Actions with a final reward, trophys etc.

New Romulas:
Is this a joke? there is nothing there.
The Quests there are likethe area secondary ones, where are the main ones.
It needs like a Queen RadScorpian quest, a wandering Elite etc, it badly needs big main quests.
Visit it once then never go back, they havent got these ground invasions right since Defera.

It feels like we have another SWG on our hands, too late to go back now, but the big problem is that most things are now pointless and most dont know what to do ingame as it is majorly boring.

To relieve this boredom we even started to goto Kerrat again, my god they not even fixed this place in 3years, sadly it is going/gone downhill faster than ever before.
Career Officer
# 65
11-17-2012, 06:13 AM
People may think they have less now, but are people taking in to consideration the fact that there are new sets, new captain abilities/powers, new missions, new sector space in addition to new gameplay systems or are they just looking at the now with no consideration for the bigger picture?

People aren't overlooking this... its the process to get the new items is harder than before.

When working toward fleet projects and/or personal advancement there were instant gratifications, equipment drops, as well as dilithium provisioning.

The system as it stands is hey look in 4 months it'll be really great, until then your just feel like your standing still and we've made the process feel harder to get there.

The instant gratification ie, equipment drops, smooth flowing mark providing v what is required, and each tier of a starbase requires more fleet marks per project than the previous. Enough dilithium to spare for personal use and aloocation to development of starbase.

The instant gratification has been removed, until it has been returned people won't wait for the 4 months of grind to get the end content.

Never mind end game content what about day to day content is just as important. Until this is more balanced people aren't feeling any feel good factor.

Quite simply there needs to be some balance put in the game between having day to day reward content not just focusing on the end content.
Captain
# 66
11-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
it's Very Nice That Some People Are Enjoying What Season 7 Has To Offer. That's Fine And Dandy, However, It Does Not Give Them Or Anyone Else The Right To Dismiss The Growing Dissent Among The Game's Population. You Might Be Happy Not, But How Happy Will You Be When This Game Becomes Star Trek Offline?

Most Of Us Fight And Argue Because We Truly Love Playing This Game And Want It To Survive. We Don't ***** And Moan To Hear Ourselves Speak, But Are Fighting For A Cause That We Would Like To See Rectified. Klingons Not Getting A Fair Shake Not Your Cause, No Problem. Pvp Inbalance Not Your Cause, No Problem. Just Don't Fight Us Every Step Of The Way, Because It Doesn't Affect You. You Have Your Opinions And We Have Ours. We're Fighting To Improve Aspects Of This Game. What Are You Fighting For?
+ 1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ All Of It ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Empire Veteran
# 67
11-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Since Tuesday night, the damn number's dropped to where 6 is a big number, and four of them don't speak english.

Everyone else who WAS on in the late hours has, apparently, since the new system hit 'live', found other things to do.

Further, I've NEVER seen ques as empty for PvE as I'm seeing in the timeframe
There's been many people till thursday and since then many people are playing SWTOR, and they'll come back as soon as they see that sto's endgame content and F2P is heaven in comparison. There's also an event on EVE iirc.

Less people online doesn't mean the update sucks. I often see more than 40 instances (one instance = 50 people) on New Romulus. Most of the times, 2/3rd of my contacts are also on new romulus. I think it's quite significant: people enjoy it. You may not, but anyway, so many people playing it means it's a successful update. Like it or hate it, that's your buisness.

On a personal note I don't mine anymore if the gate to get my gear is dilithium instead of the holy proto tech, it's so easy to make ****tons of it with season 7 that I couldn't care less. The starbase has always been optional to me, we don't even need to upgrade them: their rewards suck hard and are meaningless.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-17-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Captain
# 68
11-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I'm not defending anyone else but my opinion. Everyone else seems to be doing it. Far more aggressively than I am, by the way. Why, do you think I don't have the right to?
Let see ... :

Cryptic seems to think that it's ok that its ok to take away my STF awards and award me less for my time . (if this was a job that'd be a paycut by the way)
Cryptic seems to think it's ok to extend my time in game to get the same awards I got before .
And according to the award scheme S.7 started with , it seemed that Cryptic also thought it was a good idea to herd me to FA's by offering a big juicy carrot there .

You have the tight to defend all of this .
For all I know you may love it .

So I'm curios ... . If you love it so much , why are you not ingame , having fun .... or getting toyed with by Cryptic (depending on your pov) ?

See , my pov is clear .
I'm not in game . I let my words and my actions speak for me .

You ... ototh ... -- well let's just sat that I've found your equaling of the clicky awards with the STF awards in this thread to be mildly disturbing at best , and not at all a sign of a balanced and mature mind .

And that's what I think of your opinion .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
11-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Let see ... :

Cryptic seems to think that it's ok that its ok to take away my STF awards and award me less for my time . (if this was a job that'd be a paycut by the way)
Cryptic seems to think it's ok to extend my time in game to get the same awards I got before .
And according to the award scheme S.7 started with , it seemed that Cryptic also thought it was a good idea to herd me to FA's by offering a big juicy carrot there .

You have the tight to defend all of this .
For all I know you may love it .

So I'm curios ... . If you love it so much , why are you not ingame , having fun .... or getting toyed with by Cryptic (depending on your pov) ?

See , my pov is clear .
I'm not in game . I let my words and my actions speak for me .

You ... ototh ... -- well let's just sat that I've found your equaling of the clicky awards with the STF awards in this thread to be mildly disturbing at best , and not at all a sign of a balanced and mature mind .

And that's what I think of your opinion .
I'm sorry you don't like it. I respect your opinion, however whether you believe me or not I happen to love season 7. Am I defending cryptic? No, I am defending my opinion of supporting season 7. Selfishly, all I care about is whether I like the current state of the game.

Why am I not on? Usually I'm on for a few hours every day. I'm not going to be on for a week though as I'm doing a road trip from New Mexico through Colorado. I'm an Aussie living in the US and I take every opportunity to see as much of this land before I move to the next country. (No, I won't take a laptop and play on the road. When I'm on holiday I do nothing but holiday.)
Captain
# 70
11-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Cryptic and PWE know that STO is dying--they mean for it to. They are in the process of squeezing out every last penny they can between now and its ultimate collapse because this is the way businesses are run these days: "Today we burn and pillage here, tomorrow we find another town." This game is a lost cause because those in charge have made a conscious decision that it should be disposable.

Last edited by ajstoner; 11-17-2012 at 10:39 AM.