Survivor of Romulus
# 61
11-17-2012, 03:12 AM
if all the rep gear was new and not just old gear with huge time gate on it, then it wouldnt have been so bad. i hate this bloody new system im not logging back in til its fixed.
Survivor of Romulus
# 62
11-17-2012, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more. Random drops in the old system meant people like my dad (Who works 7-5) could never get his ship up to par with mine, (Even mx xi , 40edc's took him ages).

However, with the new reputation system. All he needs to do is around 1 elite STF a week, that's 75 omega marks which is enough for 3-4 Omega force projects. And i don't really see how its" from the time you get up, untill you finally must sleep" you don't have to watch the timer you know? You can just leave it run?

IMO, the new system is much more freindly to casuals than the old one. Untill they unlock the store. Once the hugely inflated Dilithum prices are removed/reduced then my statement will be completely true.
thats what sucks so bad about it time gated content and its not even new content its all the old gear.
Captain
# 63
11-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
thats what sucks so bad about it time gated content and its not even new content its all the old gear.
Not all of it; and not the gear from Rep in the future. They needed to start somewhere. Granted I think they'd would have did better to start with more new gear. But it seems like they're big on putting all their ducks in a row under the same reward structure.
Captain
# 64
11-17-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more. Random drops in the old system meant people like my dad (Who works 7-5) could never get his ship up to par with mine, (Even mx xi , 40edc's took him ages).

However, with the new reputation system. All he needs to do is around 1 elite STF a week, that's 75 omega marks which is enough for 3-4 Omega force projects. And i don't really see how its" from the time you get up, untill you finally must sleep" you don't have to watch the timer you know? You can just leave it run?

IMO, the new system is much more freindly to casuals than the old one. Untill they unlock the store. Once the hugely inflated Dilithum prices are removed/reduced then my statement will be completely true.
Well sonny you forgot the most important part of the equation.

You get zero gear for unlocking the tiers... your math is the unlock marks required.

If you want him up to par with your MK XII set, he is looking at :

3 x space set

5 Ship weapons

That's 320,000 dil or 320 runs on elite stf, with "1 elite stf a week" that will take him 320 weeks or over 6 years.
Just a minor detail to point lmao

However if he plans to buy his way there totally true, I just don't see how we have to lock the whole server down for that

/edit.

ps, each of those items are +40 hours each aswell
Commander
# 65
11-17-2012, 03:49 AM
source: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91&postcount=1

How much Dilithium should a character need?

This all depends on the quality of the gear you want your character to have. Another way to look at it is ? the better the gear, the more Dilithium it will cost, and thus the more time it will take to earn.

End game gear prices range depending on the mark quality and exclusivity of the piece. For example, Ground Armor ranges from 6,300 Refined Dilithium up to about 16,800 Dilithium for Mk 12 Premium Set Ground Armor. More critical gear such as Space Impulse Engines can range from 37,900 Refined Dilithium all the way up to about 84,000 Refined Dilithium for a Mk 12 Premium Set Impulse Engine.

A little more math:

ground mk xii set

6,300 dil for armor
6,300 dil for psg
6,300 dil for weapon
total cost: 18.900

space mk xii set

37,900 dil for deflector
37,900 dil for engine
37,900 dil for shield
total cost: 113,700

total dil for 1 set of mk xii ground and 1 set of mk xii space: 132,600
@8k refining limit per day: 16.6 days
@8.5k refining limit per day: 15.6 days

to reach the cap, you will need to do 9 elite stfs a day as well as 1 of the BNP turn in projects. want to do normal? 17 normal stfs. have other ways to make your dil bones? that's great. either way, it's still time, time... time. LOL. the sad part is that 9 ESTFs a day for 16.6 days is approximately 150 ESTFs for 1 ground and 1 space mk xii set. At least those who wanted a progression bar got it.

want the adapted set? double the dil and the time.

i feel for the casual player. they have to work and wait and work and wait, just so they can be on the same page as players equipped like me. overall, they're not going to be very competitive in the game. fleet actions? no shot at getting top prize. elite stfs? you're more of a liability to the team than an asset... even if you know what the hell you're doing. pvp? yeah, good luck with that. at least they'll have epoh herding and tribble breeding.

but honestly, i could give two craps about how this goes. i'm merely here to present the facts as they are. as i have stated in posts before, i already have all the mk xii equipment i'll ever need. just take the information and go.

Last edited by xsharpex; 11-17-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Captain
# 66
11-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Wait the rep system takes doffs as well? greeaaaaaaat
Career Officer
# 67
11-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Starbase projects are only 20hrs and minor upgrades like bartender are 20 hrs with the major upgrades taking a few days.

I think the personal projects need the timescales put on a comparable lvl to starbase projects and upgrades.

So Equipment project upgrades should be 20 hrs.

Now its a time grind under this system I'd only need to log in every two days for personal project.

Season 7 has been a major misstep in player relations.

I was looking forward to season 7 with the new content and expanded universe and extra missions.

But now its like, I'm not generating fleet marks as I used to - via investigate officer reports.

I'm not getting enough dilithium.

Everything is taking longer. I think Ill watch Star Trek the motionless picture later thats almost a record speed breaker compared to whats been done for players, completing starbases, getting dilithium, getting equipment from drops to use or convert to EC.

With this Season you are really screwing us.

When I started playing a few months back I asked a friend who'd played another MMO. he said he played one every for 18 months. then they changed things that pissed him off so he stopped. Seems to be a lesson MMOs never learn.
Captain
# 68
11-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Thats it, I am at my limit.

screw the dilithium I dont care about it.

this is what breaks my hold on S7....

im done defending it.

enjoy.

Im just gonna keep doing romulan missions and killing tholians.
Career Officer
# 69
11-17-2012, 04:32 AM
hmm i would at least have expected the store unlocks to be in that one upgrade project slot at the bottom so it doesn't screw with the normal xp progression?
Lt. Commander
# 70
11-17-2012, 04:39 AM
Nice to know this .Given the price of said items - and the time it takes to unlock them - we all now know not to bother at all with the entire thing . I mean seriously : asking 30k dilithium ( in addition to the other stuff ) for an item at tier one is ludicrous . An then there's the huge amount of time it takes to unlock everything . It has nothing to do with how much time folks are willing to play because the timer is fixed .Completing a project and then having to wait for days and watch a countdown clock is ridiculous .

Whomever came up with how this works should be sacked pronto . There's simply no excuse for such bad design ....