Commander
# 71
11-17-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwessels View Post
Nice to know this .Given the price of said items - and the time it takes to unlock them - we all now know not to bother at all with the entire thing . I mean seriously : asking 30k dilithium ( in addition to the other stuff ) for an item at tier one is ludicrous . An then there's the huge amount of time it takes to unlock everything . It has nothing to do with how much time folks are willing to play because the timer is fixed .Completing a project and then having to wait for days and watch a countdown clock is ridiculous .

Whomever came up with how this works should be sacked pronto . There's simply no excuse for such bad design ....
You are incorrect. These are the requirements for T1:

romulan:

scorpion hangar pet blue quality: 60 rom marks, 10k dil, 30 engi or ops doffs, 10k expertise, 1 tod'uj fighter, 5 warp coils.

consumable: reman reinforcements - guards elites (char bind on pickup, consumed on use): 10 rom marks, 1,250 dil, 1.5k exp, 5 tac or sec doffs, 2 large power cells, 1 common mk v personal shield

consumable: rom reinforcements - security team (char bind on pickup, consumed on use): same as above

romulan store unlocks (x3 - plasma pistol mk xi, plasma rifle mk xi, plasma assault weapon mk xi): 60 rom marks, 10k expertise, 10 energy cells, 20 shield generators

omega:

mk x armor: 250 omega marks, 3.5k dil, 1k exp, 60 shield gens
mk x shield: 250 omega marks, 3.5k dil, 1k exp, 60 shield gens
mk x weapon: 250 omega marks, 3.5k dil, 1k exp, 15 industrial energy cells

mk x assimilated deflector dish: 450 OM, 14k dil, 10k exp, 30 com arrays
mk x assimilated impulse engines: 450 OM, 14k dil, 10k exp, 8 warp coils
mk x assimilated shield array: 450 OM, 14k dil, 10k exp, 60 shield gens
assimilated console: 500 OM, 15k dil, 10k exp, 25 astro probes

store unlocks (x3 - rifle, pistol, and assault weapons mk x): 60 OM, 10k exp, 10 industrial energy cells, 20 shield generators

each project 1 day 16 hours. the 3rd upgrade slot can not be used for any of these. only the 2 dedicated project slots.

The projected figures I listed in the post above is for T5 mk xii gear.
Survivor of Romulus
# 72
11-17-2012, 04:44 AM
This is sad...

The problem for me and my group of friends that play the game is that we liked DS9 and doing runs for salvage to get weapons to try out etc, now we are bored to tears and we do not like this new way to get those weapons etc, this is awful.
Captain
# 73
11-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwessels View Post
Nice to know this .Given the price of said items - and the time it takes to unlock them - we all now know not to bother at all with the entire thing . I mean seriously : asking 30k dilithium ( in addition to the other stuff ) for an item at tier one is ludicrous . An then there's the huge amount of time it takes to unlock everything . It has nothing to do with how much time folks are willing to play because the timer is fixed .Completing a project and then having to wait for days and watch a countdown clock is ridiculous .

Whomever came up with how this works should be sacked pronto . There's simply no excuse for such bad design ....
normaly I do not agree with such rash decisions....and well that still stands......

they should be tied to a chair, blindfolded and have that chair placed in a room with 3ft of space from the door down, have that space filled with 1ft of water and make them sit there for days.....its the same experience we would get.
Lt. Commander
# 74
11-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
You are incorrect. These are the requirements for T1:

romulan:

scorpion hangar pet blue quality: 60 rom marks, 10k dil, 30 engi or ops doffs, 10k expertise, 1 tod'uj fighter, 5 warp coils.

consumable: reman reinforcements - guards elites (char bind on pickup, consumed on use): 10 rom marks, 1,250 dil, 1.5k exp, 5 tac or sec doffs, 2 large power cells, 1 common mk v personal shield

consumable: rom reinforcements - security team (char bind on pickup, consumed on use): same as above

romulan store unlocks (x3 - plasma pistol mk xi, plasma rifle mk xi, plasma assault weapon mk xi): 60 rom marks, 10k expertise, 10 energy cells, 20 shield generators

omega:

mk x armor: 250 omega marks, 3.5k dil, 1k exp, 60 shield gens
mk x shield: 250 omega marks, 3.5k dil, 1k exp, 60 shield gens
mk x weapon: 250 omega marks, 3.5k dil, 1k exp, 15 industrial energy cells

mk x assimilated deflector dish: 450 OM, 14k dil, 10k exp, 30 com arrays
mk x assimilated impulse engines: 450 OM, 14k dil, 10k exp, 8 warp coils
mk x assimilated shield array: 450 OM, 14k dil, 10k exp, 60 shield gens
assimilated console: 500 OM, 15k dil, 10k exp, 25 astro probes

store unlocks (x3 - rifle, pistol, and assault weapons mk x): 60 OM, 10k exp, 10 industrial energy cells, 20 shield generators

each project 1 day 16 hours. the 3rd upgrade slot can not be used for any of these. only the 2 dedicated project slots.

The projected figures I listed in the post above is for T5 mk xii gear.

yes , but it's also way faster to farm 30 k dilithium and get a purple hangar ( which is also way better and in the end cheaper ) than this monstrosity of a system. What were those guys thinking ? And you can simply BUY a blue hangar in the shipyard with EC

I take it one project only unlocks one hangar ?
Captain
# 75
11-17-2012, 05:05 AM
I work 12hr shifts. I dont mind this rep system but i simply DONOT have the time to invest thousands in dill and grind to earn the top gear. No ive spent good money on ships in this game no longer. I cant afford to do so with the crippling requirements of this new system. Oh well I love World of tanks and just getting into Mechwarrior Online. There is always something else...
A member of Romulan Intelligence. A fleet with over 400 members growing daily, friendly, relaxed, fun. We are the only fleet with the pure name of Romulan Intelligence. Welcome to the Tal Shiar. Look us up in game.

My You Tube new ESD tour Vid part 1: http://youtu.be/2CFCMkr830Y

Last edited by rustiswordz; 11-17-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 76
11-17-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
hmm i would at least have expected the store unlocks to be in that one upgrade project slot at the bottom so it doesn't screw with the normal xp progression?
This is my big issue. Speaking personally, I think the gear unlocks should either work in the upgrade slot or award project levels of rep progression.

Otherwise, they can all wait until T5. It's just another 65 days and I don't NEED the gear that badly.
Ensign
# 77
11-17-2012, 05:18 AM
You guys just can't handle the awesome brilliance of Danny Stahl. Artificial time gating of content coupled with excessive resource requirements with triple unlocks is what players have been asking for, for YEARS.

If you guys can't handle the long wait times and the task of farming every day, then go play something else and leave the game to those of us who don't have things called "jobs" or "lives." There's plenty of other f2p titles out there and there will be plenty of regular game on sale next week for Black Friday.
Career Officer
# 78
11-17-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimjongpwe View Post
You guys just can't handle the awesome brilliance of Danny Stahl. Artificial time gating of content coupled with excessive resource requirements with triple unlocks is what players have been asking for, for YEARS.

If you guys can't handle the long wait times and the task of farming every day, then go play something else and leave the game to those of us who don't have things called "jobs" or "lives." There's plenty of other f2p titles out there and there will be plenty of regular game on sale next week for Black Friday.
Outside of dilithium, nothing really has to be farmed daily and if you don't care about dilithium or EC or helping a fleet, you really only need to login once every 40 hours for rep.

The rep system is pretty casual and the time gating makes it more casual.
Captain
# 79
11-17-2012, 05:30 AM
I have to totally disagree there

If you want any of the unlocks you will have to farm (or pay cash ofc).

Just doing missions for marks will give you what, 1000 k dilithium per week ? So you will have 8 k after you unlock t5, I doubt that will get you very far.

Another thing you said, buying items blocks leveling though they supposedly are in seperate categories makes zero sense.

If I had any doubts before about getting something for my marks while I wait I certainly don't any longer.
Career Officer
# 80
11-17-2012, 05:57 AM
I wonder who was so kind to set up the duration timers of the projects. 1d 16h...wow...

All I can say is this:
Please lower the project timers. There is no need to artificially stretch the content for the player. I could understand that when the game was released, because we had a severe lack of endgame choice, but now we have a lot of ways to focus on.
Why the need to stretch it for your players? Let me focus on getting my reputation done in a moderate pace and then go on to focus on the other faction. By the time I am finished with T5 in a faction you will probably rolled out another one. Even with only a 24h timer it will take me a very long time.

And don't forget the fleet factor in this. I still have a fleet to supply next to my reputation too.

When it comes to the gear...well, I think this is what happens when nobody gets the chance to test the economy of the system. We were told multiple times we would get the chance to test those on tribble with the help of some dev magic done, but guess what...it had to be rolled out before the competitor relaunched it's product.

This is really sad for the game and the players.