Captain
# 81
11-17-2012, 06:22 AM
If it had to be time-gated, why wasn't it put at 20 hours? Make the projects a daily thing instead of every other day.

I thought Cryptic wanted people to actually play their game...?
Lt. Commander
# 82
11-17-2012, 06:27 AM
A couple of personal caveats.

Ditch the timesink on purchasing gear, your double diping on players by making them spend time unlocking new tiers and THEN making them wait yet again.

Increase the cost for the Romulan/Reman reinforcement device and make it permanent with a hour or 2 cooldown. I can't see the validity of expending time and resources for a cool, but futile novelty device. From a roleplay standpoint, D'tan and Oboleisk would feel shame to offer something so redundant to allies!
Commander
# 83
11-17-2012, 06:29 AM
So the original system that got me my 7 ships fully decked in MKXII borg weapons, my two MACO MKXII sets and my two MKXII Omega sets, and my MKXI MACO and OMEGA ground sets that I purchased with EDC, and finally a lot of dilithium out of 250 STFs, was traded in for this new repugnant **** system here.

Rather than just put drops up on the store for EDC. **** that ****. "it's 60% less grinding!" **** that **** excuse when after just two days I've grinded more in this game than I have in 6 months. I coulda logged in today and have another proto drop within a hour but nooo, they couldn't leave well enough alone because of a couple hundred unlucky players that play like 1 STF a day and expect to get ahead with proto drops.

Meeeeeeh **** this **** I'm done with this crap. Not even my pay to play MMOs has anything that's this ****ing retarded.
Career Officer
# 84
11-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
bare minimum amount of time to unlock the necessities per character:

tier 0-5:
100,000 xp /2800 xp per project cycle = 31.7 project cycles
31.7 project cycles * 40 hours per project cycle = 1428.6 hours

mk xii pulsewave: 40 hours
mk xii split beam: 40 hours

mk xii armor: 40 hours
mk xii weapon: 40 hours
mk xii psg: 40 hours

mk xii deflector: 40 hours
mk xii engine: 40 hours
mk xii shield: 40 hours

@ 2 projects per cycle, total time = 320 hours/2 = 160 hours

add 120 hours for the new set of assimilated console, cutting beam and omega torpedo
add 120 hours for the 2nd set
add 120 hours for the adapted set
add 160 hours for all the costume unlocks

@ 2 projects per cycle, total time = 520 hours/2 = 260 hours

+5 hours, 1 for each tier unlock

total time: 1853.6 hours or 77.23 days per every brand spanking new toon.

that's just the waiting time too! insane, no?

the best part? after all this farming, what are you going to do with your new found sets after waiting all this time? more farming. LOL... oh the irony. all the while, picking up the slack of all of those around you who haven't completed the same grind. If you thought public queues and some private games were bad? Just wait until you have all these new, completely under geared guys trying to participate.
You can't argue with Sharpe on this... I've run plenty of STF's with him and have had a similar experience, I got all my characters (3) kitted with both MACO and OMEGA XII for ground and space... and I work in real life.

These changes mean I have to grind more... I worked it out to keep up with marks I need to do 1 1STF on each char per day, 1Romulan daily patrol on each char per day, One Fleet mission per day, 1 Dilith PVE per day. Plus doffing.

It's about 4 hours every day. before I could do all that on 3 chars in under 2 hours, especially with broken consoles and STF thats dropped Purple Salve like it was Christmas.

Now I have come to the decision that really, even though I am an LTS... I can't play this game anymore, maybe turn up on the weekends and play with the friends I've made here, but advancing my fleet and my chars is a mountain too tall to climb now
Survivor of Romulus
# 85
11-17-2012, 06:37 AM
it wouldnt be so bad if it was account wide unlock but you got to do it over and over again so those of us that like to play all the classes are really really screwed.

i refuse to grind and spend all that time waiting to unlock something that i already had access too.

change it so xi atleast is already unlocked or change it back tot he way it was.

im not logging back in til something is done im fed up with chinese grind like crazy pokemon model cryptic have switched to. i wish i could get my money back.

WHY is captin kirk climbing a mountain ? cus hes not putting up with crappy grind like crazy.

Last edited by maddog0000doom; 11-17-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Ensign
# 86
11-17-2012, 06:46 AM
I realy had that idea of season 7 and the reputation system would be a good thing......but now once i unlocked tier 1 and saw THAT S*H*I*T......i dont want to mention how it feels like.....all i can say is "nice try but bye" until that mess is fixed in a way i feel ok with im going back to eve online! there bad and good times but you didnt get R*A*P*E*D there.....i feel sorry for the player who spend years on a game which looked so wonderfull in the beta and early start....but now it looks like a money machine designed for people with a fat bank account and no work....if that exists somewhere....

all the best Sophia
Ensign
# 87
11-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
If it had to be time-gated, why wasn't it put at 20 hours? Make the projects a daily thing instead of every other day.

I thought Cryptic wanted people to actually play their game...?
That was Seasons 1-6. Season7 is about separating the wheat/whales from the chaff of moochers.
Career Officer
# 88
11-17-2012, 06:53 AM
I don't hate the new system but it's not, in any way superior to the system it replaced.

Personal bugbears:

1 day 16 hours is too long for the projects - 20-24 hours max would be reasonable then we could see daily progress.

Having to wait 3+ days to buy Mk X MACO once you've unlocked it is completely unreasonable - make the purchasing projects 1 hour max.

The cost in Commodities for each set of two Romulan/Omega projects even at Tier 1 works out at about 125,000 EC across my 3 characters - with reduced loot dropping in game this seems a little harsh - Commodities required should be 50% of what they are now.

And for me at least, there's little (if anything) of value in the Tier 1 unlocks - and charging 30 Doffs for Scorpion Fighters (plus the Dilithium etc.) is just robbery.

This whole thing needs a workover, and it needs it fast.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 89
11-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
I don't hate the new system but it's not, in any way superior to the system it replaced.

Personal bugbears:

1 day 16 hours is too long for the projects - 20-24 hours max would be reasonable then we could see daily progress.

Having to wait 3+ days to buy Mk X MACO once you've unlocked it is completely unreasonable - make the purchasing projects 1 hour max.

The cost in Commodities for each set of two Romulan/Omega projectseven at Tier 1 works out at about 125,000 EC across my 3 characters - with reduced loot dropping in game this seems a little harsh - Commodities required should be 50% of what they are now.

And for me at least, there's little (if anything) of value in the Tier 1 unlocks - and charging 30 Doffs for Scorpion Fighters (plus the Dilithium etc.) is just robbery.

This whole thing needs a workover, and it needs it fast.
I came to the conclusion that if things stay as they are I simply won't bother trying to progress and just play a few hours on the weekends for fun.

When I came to the game 3 months ago I was really enthusiastic everything seemed within reach and achievable. I set up my own fleet and even started designing a website for it. Now I think I'm just going to close it down.

It's all just too much for me.
Lt. Commander
# 90
11-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Heres my Take on New rep system. I thought it was goner be brilliant. upon Unlocking Teir 1 Omega. I come to find that to own any peice of Equip u have to go thru another 1 day 16 hrs on a project. Which by way takes up an active slot to requisitions the item & worst of it is. An equipment req only gives u 10Xp for the nearly 2 days it runs. My god whats the point. 2 days wasted for a peice of equip & no real Xp. WELL DONE DEVS. FUTURE OF STO. STILL NOT SECURE. People will leave over these new badly thought out projects. But if that aint bad enough. The Normal projects take 1 day 16 hrs to get u a grand total of 2800Xp. No new projects. Again Well done. NOT.

So with the Equip Projects r they worht it. Well to be fair for a new player yes. But then no at the same time. Simply because to get their Space set, Ground set & weapons all at mk 10. Thats around 30-32 days to get it all. So whilst they doing that. Other players will be sodding the Equip & upp'ing their teirs.
So by time the new player has spent 30-32 days doing that. Another player could well be at the Half way mark on all the teirs. Which should take 60days at the current 1 day 16hrs to unlock Tier 5.
If u do the math. for each set. 30-32 days. Thats an entire month For each Set whether it MACO/Honour Gaurd or OMEGA. so if u want the Accolades & u do want the sets too. lets say. 2 months for MACO & Omega ground & Space. So a total of nearly 6 months once all 5 teirs are unlocked. Thats without the standard 3 Borg Sets too. Which r another lets say 3 weeks work per set. So 2 months for All borg sets so 8 months work. To aquire all the sets. Which means 10months to get everything available to u & all Accolades involving the sets unlocked to u. Wait I forgot about the new Atapted MACo set. damn it. 11 months of ur time wasted. Well done Cryptic. Well done indeed.

Mite as well have stuck with random drops at that rate of progress for new Players. GOOD JOB DEVS AT CRYPTIC. I THINK U NEED TO HIRE PEOPLE WITH MATHS SKILLS. IF U HAD U WOULD HAVE KNOW HOW LONG NEW REP SYSTEM WILL TAKE TO UNLOCK WHAT PEOPLE TO NEED. But maybe u did & r planning on craftly realising somert u want people to spend their hard earned cash on to use. maybe thats their plan with the new rep system. make u that board of waiting to unlock somert that u'll pay them to have it unlocked sooner. Free 2 play. I think their trying to phase this out. If so why make it Free 2 play in 1st place?

But yer. Last thoughts on this. NICE JOB ON GETTING THIS SO BADLY WRONG. YET AGAIN CRYPTIC. CONGRATULATIONS ON POSSIBBLY LOSING MORE NEW PLAYERS & EXISTING PLAYERS. CONGRATULATIONS CRYPTIC.(SARCASIM)

Last edited by stulloyd; 11-17-2012 at 07:18 AM.