Lt. Commander
# 91
11-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
All PWE had to say was "we'd like to switch to this reward system to generate more income so we can continue to offer this game as F2P."
A thousand times this. I'm hoping for an apology, but i doubt one is coming. This kind of content makes me want to play EVE again but i cant afford a sub. Thankfully i do have other games.
Career Officer
# 92
11-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
I don't hate the new system but it's not, in any way superior to the system it replaced.

Personal bugbears:

1 day 16 hours is too long for the projects - 20-24 hours max would be reasonable then we could see daily progress.

Having to wait 3+ days to buy Mk X MACO once you've unlocked it is completely unreasonable - make the purchasing projects 1 hour max.

The cost in Commodities for each set of two Romulan/Omega projects even at Tier 1 works out at about 125,000 EC across my 3 characters - with reduced loot dropping in game this seems a little harsh - Commodities required should be 50% of what they are now.

And for me at least, there's little (if anything) of value in the Tier 1 unlocks - and charging 30 Doffs for Scorpion Fighters (plus the Dilithium etc.) is just robbery.

This whole thing needs a workover, and it needs it fast.
They are buffing loot drops pretty substantially in the next couple of weeks. Most tougher mobs are being given an 80% chance of dropping green or better.

Like I say, the big thing for me is that you have to use project rather than upgrade slots for gear. So why would anyone opt for the gear until they hit T5?

It's just 70 days to T5. So I probably won't look at the store unlocks or item upgrades until I hit T5.
Ensign
# 93
11-17-2012, 07:41 AM
I`m afraid, needless to talk with them anymore, they not so interested in. Uncureable tyrants. They are so far proud about their community, but they never discuss the main changes with us. Yes, there is "ask cryptic", but mostly the answers are not so interesting for me. I`m not always crying, I`m usually post positive feedbacks too. Dan gave some dil back, sorry I`m not gratefull. And now the reputation system is slow. The borg stfs are far hard. It is not fun. The New Romulus is a dull children toy, nothing else. For me S7 is a bad dream.

My suggestion is to ask lot of more money monthly, like 50-100 usd and make the game easy and fun for that players who like to pay it. Pay to win is better them pay to suck. And you can finance your other ideas from it.

I`m voting with my money.....
Lieutenant
# 94
11-17-2012, 07:43 AM
LMAO, way to f'up a game!

With those prices I would only play the rep sys for the passive skills, nothing else, but I plan on just log every now and then til I find another MMO to play (not Neverwinter btw since thats gonna be screwed up from the beginning judging from what STO has become)
Career Officer
# 95
11-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glxtrader1 View Post
LMAO, way to f'up a game!

With those prices I would only play the rep sys for the passive skills, nothing else, but I plan on just log every now and then til I find another MMO to play (not Neverwinter btw since thats gonna be screwed up from the beginning judging from what STO has become)
Ha yeah with regards to Neverwinter since playing this game I've decided I'll stick to DDO...

Must say I've lost a lot of heart in this game post Season 7.
Empire Veteran
# 96
11-17-2012, 08:23 AM
One question: do you need Mk X unlocks? If yes, you're a casual and then you shouldn't care about a 40h timer because you'll log in next weekend and grab your reward at this time. It not, then, there's no reason to complain and you'll get your Mk XII stuff at tier 5, when you have no more projects to run, next month.

I agree on the fact that unlocks should be moved to the 3rd slot but you could say it politely...
Career Officer
# 97
11-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
One question: do you need Mk X unlocks? If yes, you're a casual and then you shouldn't care about a 40h timer because you'll log in next weekend and grab your reward at this time. It not, then, there's no reason to complain and you'll get your Mk XII stuff at tier 5, when you have no more projects to run, next month.

I agree on the fact that unlocks should be moved to the 3rd slot but you could say it politely...
60 days minimum.

2800 rep points per 40 hours. that's about 37 x 40 = appx 100,000.

divide that by 24 and the number you get is 60. 60 days not 30.

From Mr. Stahl himself.

I personally can't sustain my fleet and do the embassy and this, so basically it's just become to big a mountain to climb. I'm actually quite depressed about it to be honest :/.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-17-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Rihannsu
# 98
11-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
Cryptic.. Can we please have more project slots for the reputation system?
I dont think we need more project slots as things should be moved to the Store Tab or have the projects take considerable less time (a hour top), Gear should have a 15 seconds timer in projects if at all, they really belongs in the Store tab.

Store unlocks could have longer timers but never going beyond 20 hours.
Career Officer
# 99
11-17-2012, 08:36 AM
480 hours to get 4 complete sets of MK XII armor for our Boff? I'll take it! Considering I ran over 750 Elite STF's on my main character before I got a Proto drop of any kind.

My best advice if your going to gripe about the future be sure You remember how it really was in the past.
Empire Veteran
# 100
11-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
But it often backfires with people like me who look at it and say "I already have one job, I don't need another"

I was already waffling as to whether I was going to keep playing after recently returning to the game.
This is just how I'm feeling!

I already have a full time job and if I'm going to pick up another I'd like to be paid for it

I miss flying my Vo'Quv!