Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,211
# 31
11-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw :
Dilithium rewards for STF are now about half of what they were because we have no tech or salvage to trade in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
So you want everything now. This minute. Instant gratification.
You know , you are a real piece of work ... .

THAT was your answer to someone who was upset because the clickys were taken away (a year too late) .
And now this is your same answer to the STF-er , who you know damn well that has EARNED his Dilithium through the hardest way this damn game has to offer !

Why so hypocrite , huh ?
Why do you just burrrn up inside when anyone gets anything in this game ?
Why do you personally have to suffer (and troll) when someone asks -- not for more , but for what he got before , just a few days ago ?
http://s28.postimg.org/663z5paa5/New_Sig_2_14.png
For more info click : Here and here .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-16-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,323
# 32
11-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
You know , you are a real piece of work ... .

THAT was your answer to someone who was upset because the clickys were taken away (a year too late) .
And now this is your same answer to the STF-er , who you know damn well that has EARNED his Dilithium through the hardest way this damn game has to offer !

Why so hypocrite , huh ?
Why do you just burrrn up inside when anyone gets anything in this game ?
Why do you personally have to suffer (and troll) when someone asks -- not for more , but for what he got before , just a few days ago ?
I don't burn up at all. I'm happy with season 7. You're the one that's unhappy, hence burning up over it. I'm not a person who always wants people to have more or people to always have less. I want people to have the amount that will benefit the game in the long run.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 33
11-17-2012, 09:27 AM
They're adding in gear drops of a sort in a week or two. The world is not ending. If your really want a guaranteed shot and nice gear drops, throw some fleet actions into the mix.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 34
11-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post


Rare salvage was worth 1000 dilithium. Prototype salvage was worth 2000. Tech was also worth either 1000 or 2000. I had missions where I made 6000 dilithium in one run, because I picked up some prototypes and cashed them in.

Dilithium rewards for STF are now about half of what they were because we have no tech or salvage to trade in.
And once you hit T5 in Omega rep and no longer need the marks for gear/rep grinding, the dilithium per eSTF jumps right back up to those high levels through conversion rewards. The difference is you no longer have to hope for lucky drops t get your extra dilithium. A lot is being made out of nothing.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 52
# 35
11-17-2012, 09:55 AM
They could put the loot bag back in which would give consoles and some other stuff like before.I dont think it matters if people would get extra engines or deflector arrays.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,459
# 36
11-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
And once you hit T5 in Omega rep and no longer need the marks for gear/rep grinding, the dilithium per eSTF jumps right back up to those high levels through conversion rewards. The difference is...

The difference is that they took away a reward I was already earning, and now force me grind for six months or a year or however long it takes to get to T5 reputation before I can get it back.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 239
# 37
11-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
And once you hit T5 in Omega rep and no longer need the marks for gear/rep grinding, the dilithium per eSTF jumps right back up to those high levels through conversion rewards.
Some guy calculated that getting to Omega T5 will take you about half a year. Besides, I bet they will add at least 2 different reputation systems by then. And kill off most of dilithium dailies.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,211
# 38
11-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I'm happy with season 7.
Great .

Quote:
You're the one that's unhappy, hence burning up over it.
Correct .
Yet you spend almost as much time on these forums as I do , and I'm not playing .
Are you playing ? Did you make 8000 Dil today ?

Quote:
I'm not a person who always wants people to have more or people to always have less.
I'm sorry , I don't understand what that means , nor what it's supposed to mean to me .

Quote:
I want people to have the amount that will benefit the game in the long run.
So you care about the game . Yet often times you sound like you don't care about the players .
I care about my fellow players well being more than I care about the game .
That is one more thing Star Trek taught me .
The ship is important , but the crew is more important then the ship .

And right now the crew is suffering .
Replicator rations have bee slashed , assignments have been tripled , goals have been stretched out further and materials to reach those goals have become more limited .
And yet ... you still don't care .
Why ?
Because you're happy with season 7.

Tell me , do you really think all this has been done to benefit the ship (aka the game) ?
This is the same game that one of it's Devs suggested would not hurt much financially if a whole country of players would stop playing it .

Yet as obtuse as that was , those same Devs are still trying to back paddle from some of the damage that Season 7 (the season that you love) has wrought .

Could that be that they are seeing something that you refuse to see ?
Could it be that they are acknowledging some things that you refuse to acknowledge ?
Tell me , do you think the ship can fly without it's crew ?
http://s28.postimg.org/663z5paa5/New_Sig_2_14.png
For more info click : Here and here .
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,323
# 39
11-17-2012, 05:44 PM
You say 'the crew' is unhappy. What percentage? I've seen quite a few people happy with the way things are going. Of course the forums will have more negative people speaking up as that's human nature. We mostly take the time to write down our thoughts when we're unhappy.

You say the devs are back peddling because of something I refuse to see? There's nothing that I'm refusing to see. I enjoy season 7. That's my preference and opinion and its not based on what I choose to see or choose not to see. You hate season 7 and as such you refuse to believe that anyone could like it. It is you who refuses to see.

How much dilithium did I make today? None at all. I'm on a driving holiday with the wife. Before we left yesterday afternoon I made 8000 dilithium for all 7 of my toons, as I did the day before that and the day before that. I play around 4 hours per day. And I'm loving every minute I'm on. If I wasn't, well, I wouldn't be playing.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,138
# 40
11-17-2012, 06:43 PM
I agree with the OP

cryptic never wanted to fix the stfs

The OPs suggestion could have worked
Drops on elite gear could have been tied
To STF competition accolades

They ( cryptic ) wanted to introduce the grind
To hodevthere utter lack of end game content

If your busy grinding 6 months your not complaining about
Lack of end game content
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 PM.