Ensign
# 21
11-10-2012, 03:32 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The client now works!
Lt. Commander
# 22 November 13 update files
11-14-2012, 04:58 AM
Uploaded the latest launcher files for the November 13 update. Go to the first post to download the latest files.
Ensign
# 23
11-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks it worked for me.
Yesterday, i though to try a little STO again, after 7 Gb of download, it hanged out in the last few percents till complete, i tried restarting my computer and still the same, then i search a little in google, then glad i found this board.

Thanks.
-
"You can't read my mind, because i can't spell it."
-
CO&STO&RH
@ZetBuster
Ensign
# 24
11-22-2012, 08:51 AM
The last time this happened your download worked for me. This time though it did not. neither did anything else in your OP. I guess cryptic has no desire to keep me as a customer. I am getting really tired of jumping thru hopes to play their game.
Ensign
# 25
11-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Been out of tricks for the last 2 day, tried everything you said, no luck, thanks for the help all the same..

I realized that my last post left nothing to go on so here goes.....

3 or 4 months ago random problems with the launcher started. most times i could defeat this by just opening up several launcher windows and while most would fail, when you start to type in your password, some would let you type in your password and then fail when you when you clicked on engage. if you opened enough windows eventually one would work and you'd be good to go. Many times it was just a matter of typing in fast before the launcher had time to crash and then when it got to the engage button it was just a 50-50 shot as to if it would connect.

Lately i can open 50 launcher windows and i dont even get to the first letter before it crashes.

I have been on once in the past 3 days and when i got in the game i was in for 10 minutes before the game itself crashed.

A few other things i have learned, running any program in the background will cause it to fail more often, those programs include IE, google chrome, or teamspeak. I use to be able to get on TeamSpeak after STO was up and running but sometimes pressing the windows button on the keyboard also causes STO to close up.

To date i have tried to get a NEW IP, i have tried to download every version of the Cryptic Launcher i can find and I have tried to reload STO.

i dont mind paying 10 dollars everyother month or so in fact i enjoy spending a bit of money on a game when i have it to spare but any sane person has to question what kind of product they are paying for when the hassles just seem to be getting worse.

Ok tried again today for another 50 tries, i then went to an older computer windows xp and i had no problems running sto on that computer, problem is the graphics such, so i just stried again on my main computer windows 7 for another 50 tries and nothing. I tried running the program on all program mode and as an admin. but still nothing.

So is it just window 7? or just gatewaycomputer windows 7? or just this damn computer?

Last edited by tygerzz; 11-22-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Ensign
# 26
11-23-2012, 07:44 AM
tnx for ur launchers .For these past 2 months it worked for me but suddenly after thursdays patch i cant connect to the game again....this is is the 3rd time its happening to me.

Happens every 2 months
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
11-23-2012, 02:54 PM
try this and doesnt work was working fine until a few hrs ago
Ensign
# 28
11-23-2012, 04:23 PM
This is a joke... tried the launcher in the OP but it still doesn't work. It seems this is a long running problem for people, why hasn't it been fixed?

Will someone upload the newest launcher please?
Lt. Commander
Sorry about the delay. If you tried the launcher and it didn't work try doing so again with this patch. It's updated to the 22nd patch of the launcher. That may by the cause of the launcher not working for you.
Ensign
# 30 still stuck but a few lessons
11-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Ok still stuck and from what i can tell it still seems to be windows 7 only that is having the launcher problems.

I am aback to a 1 in 50 chance on getting connected but i have learned that if i slow down my typing, and put in the letters 1 mississippi at a time i have a better chance of getting through entering my password and to the actual ENGAGE button before the launcher crashes. Like i said its not a solution but at least its progress.
Closed Thread