Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 107
# 71
11-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Well said!

I've been playing this game since release, I've remained faithful to STO even through the Atari days when it was a complete shambles, I think S7 had forced the fun out of the game. I feel very guilty writing this but i'm being honest, PW I bet there was somebody on your team of developers who did not agree with your decisions...you should of listened to them and shame on you who got jobs with PW through these forums for letting it happen...where is your voice!?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,471
# 72
11-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Cryptic and PWE know that STO is dying--they mean for it to. They are in the process of squeezing out every last penny they can between now and its ultimate collapse because this is the way businesses are run these days: "Today we burn and pillage here, tomorrow we find another town." This game is a lost cause because those in charge have made a conscious decision that it should be disposable.
I disagree. If they were looking to wind down the game there wouldn't have been so much effort put in to season 7.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 106
# 73
11-17-2012, 10:35 AM
New Romulus is very pretty, but static scenery is a lot easier to code than interactive. The "collect 10 of X" missions aren't much different than the ground missions you used to do in the various Clusters, Expanses, etc. Ditto for the Tau Dewi space missions; slap a new skin on an old code and have done with it. I get the feeling that NR is a placeholder, and that PW may roll out -- eventually -- more interactive storyline content. Of course that depends on if they think they can coax us to pay more for it. Given the way the new Rep, Mark and Embassy system is structured, and the way the old system has been gutted, I don't have much hope.
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 45
# 74
11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Fleet projects at a standstill all over the place why?

Grind...Grind...Grind...

Anyone want to buy a Tier 2.5 Fleet?

because me and my fleet members don't like the endless slave labor we are bribed into anymore. Our smaller fleet of about 10 active players went to 1 active player since endless FM grinds became active, because they not like the GRIND JOBS and QUIT, its just not fun any more!

Players are now put in grinder thanks!

Save the game : Please lower the fleet marks required to complete projects based on active fleet members.

Last edited by cptniteuser; 11-17-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 182
# 75
11-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptniteuser View Post
Fleet projects at a standstill all over the place why?

Grind...Grind...Grind...

Anyone what to buy a Tier 2.5 Fleet?

because me and my fleet members don't like the endless slave labor we are bribed into anymore. Our smaller fleet of about 10 active players went to 1 active player since endless FM grinds became active, because they not like the GRIND JOBS and QUIT, its just not fun any more!

Players are now put in grinder thanks!

Save the game : Please lower the fleet mark required to complete projects based on active fleet members.
Best suggestion I saw put forward and regrettably I can't remember the forumites name was to have officer of the watch daily provide 50 fleet marks instead of 5.

I also agree with the idea of reducing fleet mark requirements as has been done with dilithium requirements.

My fleet size is about the same and were at a standstill as regards projects been completed. Everything is filled for the most part except for fleet marks. On 4 projects. We were halfway through our mk 3 industrial fabricator upgrade so completing that is sat there too.

This release has been a complete farce with no balance or thought. As for trying to push us into buying dilithium with zen, I just don't think dilithium is worth the price you can buy with zen right now.

All the time upping the ante on what you require dilithium for. I can hardly begrudge players saving there hard earned dilithium for themselves when so much more needs it from the reputation systems. Which means starbases are hung on dilithium even more. Soon as we get fleet marks boosted give it a few days and wait for more posts about dead fleets because of dilithium.

Why has dilithium not been added to Fleet Alert, or Starbase Blockade. I count those as fleet actions, names kinda on the tin isn't it?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,449
# 76
11-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I disagree. If they were looking to wind down the game there wouldn't have been so much effort put in to season 7.
The art team put that effort in .
Do you see any great technical innovations in S.7 ?
I don't .

The numbers team mean while took the choke hold to Dilithium , while the EP came about to tell us how all this was for "our own good" .
I'm still waiting for those "many new ways" to earn Dilithium btw .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
# 77
11-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I would also like to say, that our fleet projects have ground to a cataclysmic halt, as we can no longer obtain Fleet marks from enjoying Foundry missions (as the foundry is disabled)

While this has led to a resurgence in our member base Rp'ing in the Secret World, it could very possibly mean a ghost town fof our STO fleet, if something isnt sorted about Fleet mark acquisition, and fleet mark costs of projects.


Ansrza Tidion@Ansrza,

Admiral, U.S.S. Desperado RP Fleet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 197
# 78
11-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshra View Post
I would also like to say, that our fleet projects have ground to a cataclysmic halt, as we can no longer obtain Fleet marks from enjoying Foundry missions (as the foundry is disabled)

While this has led to a resurgence in our member base Rp'ing in the Secret World, it could very possibly mean a ghost town fof our STO fleet, if something isnt sorted about Fleet mark acquisition, and fleet mark costs of projects.


Ansrza Tidion@Ansrza,

Admiral, U.S.S. Desperado RP Fleet.
I have been playing the game most of the week.... here is one suggestion, collapse the currencies..... I have Omega Marks coming out of my nose. Instead of all these crazy marks, just have Fleet Marks across Omega, Romulan, and Starbase/Embassy projects. I dont have enough Fleet Marks, but i have the other marks that I can't use.... and yes, I am using the Reputation System for the given marks.

In other words, use Fleet Marks for all rewards (and of course Dil) and projects instead of the 3-mark currency mess. I am hearing all over STO the difficulty with getting Fleet Marks.

The fun factor of this game is becoming smaller and smaller.

Thx
Locutus
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,375
# 79
11-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
I have been playing the game most of the week.... here is one suggestion, collapse the currencies..... I have Omega Marks coming out of my nose. Instead of all these crazy marks, just have Fleet Marks across Omega, Romulan, and Starbase/Embassy projects. I dont have enough Fleet Marks, but i have the other marks that I can't use.... and yes, I am using the Reputation System for the given marks.

In other words, use Fleet Marks for all rewards (and of course Dil) and projects instead of the 3-mark currency mess. I am hearing all over STO the difficulty with getting Fleet Marks.

The fun factor of this game is becoming smaller and smaller.

Thx
Locutus
That's exactly what was done before, and how we ended up with Dilithium. And yet, we are now returning to the very thing that a universal currency was made to fix. I do see a mish mash of the marks coming sometime, maybe we'll get antimatter or deuterium as a currency and then eventually combine it with Dilithium and end up with a Warp Plasma currency. This is the problem with having too many currencies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,442
# 80
11-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
In other words, use Fleet Marks for all rewards (and of course Dil) and projects instead of the 3-mark currency mess. I am hearing all over STO the difficulty with getting Fleet Marks.
This, a thousand times this. We have a ridiculous number of currencies in this game considering it exists in a universe where currency has been by and large abolished.

It would also give people a use for the fleet marks that they have amassed that are not needed in the fleet for whatever reason, or use those reputation points while the projects are on the (ridiculously long) cool down period.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 PM.