Empire Veteran
# 1 S8 in may?
11-17-2012, 05:54 AM
In sto wiki it says season 8 will be in may. That seems a long time. I expected it in march or so.

I am not saying that wiki's are correct or anything but does anyone have any info on this?
Captain
# 2
11-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Dan Stahl has stated in a forum posting, which is a good source for the wiki. Here's the post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=419
Rihannsu
# 3
11-17-2012, 09:57 AM
I was expecting/hoping for about april, so may is not too far behind that, especially if its going to be a big season.

i guess my only question is how much will be added to the game in the meantime?

i know we have the winter event, and the anniversary event is around jan/feb, which then leaves a few months. hopefully they can cram in a few events of some description in to keep it ticking over.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2012, 09:58 AM
5-6 months in entirely reasonable for a season and is the current trend.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Captain
# 5
11-17-2012, 10:00 AM
May is most likely - as that is When the New Star Trek movie comes out - if Cryptic is smart they will create a HD trailer to play in the spots just before the movie begins - so it's hot on everyones minds when the movie starts - pretty captive startrek audience!!

So May seems to make the most sense.
Captain
# 6
11-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
May is most likely - as that is When the New Star Trek movie comes out - if Cryptic is smart they will create a HD trailer to play in the spots just before the movie begins - so it's hot on everyones minds when the movie starts - pretty captive startrek audience!!

So May seems to make the most sense.
Wouldn that be kinda bad? Making people belive it's related to some random SciFi movie, and then having them come into the Trek Universe?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Lieutenant
# 7
11-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Wouldn that be kinda bad? Making people belive it's related to some random SciFi movie, and then having them come into the Trek Universe?
From what I've read in many threads, there are alot of people who think this game is just some random sci-fi game with a Trek skin. So it sounds like a perfect match for the JJ movies.
Captain
# 8
11-17-2012, 11:38 AM
The next season is in May yes, but before that there'll be a new Featured Episode series for the anniversary. And then there's the winter event, and I'm guessing a new lockbox too around the time of the anniversary event.
Rihannsu
# 9
11-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
The next season is in May yes, but before that there'll be a new Featured Episode series for the anniversary. And then there's the winter event, and I'm guessing a new lockbox too around the time of the anniversary event.
No, there will be a new feature episode (single) with the anniversary with a special prize (possibly the rumoured ambassador class).

the new series is not until season 8.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 10
11-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillithiae View Post
From what I've read in many threads, there are alot of people who think this game is just some random sci-fi game with a Trek skin. So it sounds like a perfect match for the JJ movies.
Well... can't argue with truth...

But I still see threads and comments in chat saying "why is vulcan still here? It was destroyed in the movies".
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos