Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Survivor of Romulus
# 41
11-17-2012, 10:34 AM
If switching zones doesn't work then go to the shipyard, switch ships and then switch back and try to assign them again. No promises, but that's been working for most people. Think it's something to do with this new active shuttle thing they've added. I've noticed several times now where I'll be using my ship but it'll register my shuttle name with npcs and stuff instead.
Career Officer
# 42
11-17-2012, 11:37 AM
cheers for the tip will give that a go

Update, I did that and it worked thankyou very much `Voicesdark' you saved me loads of hassle and delay grinding my rep badges

Last edited by yorethel; 11-17-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Commander
# 43
11-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I've noticed that it only affects your boffs that are on station at the moment the bug kicks in. Whenever you get a new boff, that boff isn't affected by the bug and can be placed.

Now that I think it over, when you're forced to switch ships for the purposes of a mission, the game hasn't caught up with the fact that you're back in your own ship. AFAIK you can't use boffs on a ship you're forced to fly in a mission, and when the mission completes, the code still has you in the mission ship. Changing ships seems to reset this "marker" (being that I can't think of a better term) and sets you to the correct ship, allowing you to assign your boffs freely.

Just my hypothesis based on the available data.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting

Last edited by lewstelamon01; 11-17-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Ensign
# 44
11-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks, worked for me!
Ensign
Like the title says, my BOFFs aren't populating when selected for their BOFF stations. Specifically, of the four BOFF stations on my Starfleet Heavy Cruiser, my two Engineering BOFF stations populate like they should, but my Leiutenant Tactical and Leiutenant Science just won't populate, even when I assign the proper officer.

So far, I've only noticed this on my lvl 24 Starfleet Engineer. I haven't checked yet to see if this problem is isolated to this character or if it's affecting my other toon as well.

I submitted a ticket earlier today, but given that it's a saturday, I'm assuming that the earliest this will be resolved will be monday.

Still I'm just curious to know if anyone else is having a similar issue.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-17-2012, 09:28 PM
this is a season 7 bug . The way to fix it is to go to the shipyard ,switch ships and switch back again : select your shuttle for a sec ,populate it with the one BOFF it accepts and then switch back to your main ship ( unless shuttle is your main ship ) .You should now be able to populate stations .
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-17-2012, 09:31 PM
The bug can also rear its ugly head without ever switching ships ( for a mission ) .The only 100% sure way to fix it is to go to shipyard ,switch ships for a sec and then switch back again ....
Lieutenant
I cannot assign any of my bridge officers to their stations after doing the klingon mission involing a runabout (can't remember the exact name)

I do not have another ship to change to, so am stuck without bridge officers until Cryptic fixes this.
Commander
# 49
11-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Had that happen to me too. Sucks to be without a ship to change to, though.

Only other way to get around that is to get new boffs. I had one boff candidate when it happened to me, so I put him on board, and was able to change him around normally.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Career Officer
# 50
11-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I've had luck moving the specific bridge officer slot to 'none' then re-choosing a bridge officer.

So basically it will show you have a BOF assigned when you in fact dont, so manually change the pull down menu to 'none' then move it back to the old officer
|William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
Closed Thread