Lt. Commander
# 111
11-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glxtrader1 View Post
With those prices I would only play the rep sys for the passive skills, nothing else...
Me too. It's just not worth it...

...and without the gear is it worth doing stf at all?
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Captain
# 112
11-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesheep View Post
Me too. It's just not worth it...

...and without the gear is it worth doing stf at all?
Was it ever worth doing STFs? It's not like the gear from STFs ever did anything except make STFs easier, so if you aren't doing the STFs for fun, then a cyclical gear system isn't going to do a lot for you.
Career Officer
# 113
11-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
Not so. To advance in the system, you just need to do Mark missions a couple of times a week. And then log in periodically to start your next set of Rep projects. Getting the gear out of the Reputation stores will require some dedicated time to acquire Dilihtium. But it's not hard is your aren't striving for the full 8K per day. You can easily get 5.5K per day with 1 - 1.5 hours of play time doing the Dilihtium Dailies in Eta Eridai, Breen Daillies, Strange New Wolrds (Exploration Daily) and the Mining daily. If you have more time, you can do the STFs or FAs.
No, this is not what was intended.

DStahl said himself that the purpose of Dilithium changes in Season 7 was so that everyone would refining more than the average of 3000 per day .

I don't know where you guys get this from but I have to spend 20 minutes per Character each day just to make Fleet Marks for the base, I need to add to that Romulan Marks, Dilithium and Omega marks as well as set up my doffs before I can actually do something out of routine... sorry but with 3 Characters and trying to support a fleet, it's just too much.

Lol @ 1.5 hours...

This is an absolute killer for the casual and weekend player as well, everything requires periodically logging in for people who work hard during the week this system is pointless. Then when they get free time on the weekends they have little or nothing to do beyond hollow STF's and scanning rocks.
Career Officer
# 114
11-17-2012, 11:52 AM
The main problem I see is just that the times are too high for the things to complete, 40 hours, 2 days, too long. They need to cut the time in half, period. Also, the passives being permanent anger me to no end, that should not be that way.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Career Officer
# 115
11-17-2012, 11:54 AM
A respec feature is supposedly in the works according to the devs. No doubt it'll be another 40 hour project that'll cost dilithium and will reset our reputation skill points.
@HyperLimited
Lieutenant
# 116
11-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisauma View Post
I said "no" to the whole "personal starbase" tier system before this was discovered. It is stupid to have to spend months just to re-earn something you previously had; insanely expensive, and majorly time consuming and generally more of a hassle then I could possibly want to deal with.

If I had an extra 40~ish hours a week to dedicate to something; I would spend that time at a second job to earn money, not spend that time grinding for virtual items and paying for the privelige of doing so.

On the plus side, now I get to laugh loudly and shake my head derisively while saying "No".

Congratulations this is the one Thousandth Customer dissatisfied!

+1
Career Officer
# 117
11-17-2012, 12:01 PM
I just hate that it has discouraged gaming and playing STFs. In the past, I had need to play STFs for things, now, I play one or two STFs and I'm good for the next week or more of projects, so need to play anymore. How could anyone at Cryptic realize this would not happen? I end up spending less time in sto, cause I don't need to be there while projects complete in 2 days. It's pretty crazy.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Rihannsu
# 118
11-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
now, I play one or two STFs and I'm good for the next week or more of projects.
shhhhh they will nerf marks sorry had to
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 119
11-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
Was it ever worth doing STFs? It's not like the gear from STFs ever did anything except make STFs easier, so if you aren't doing the STFs for fun, then a cyclical gear system isn't going to do a lot for you.
I agree, it is. But who would start now? As better people than me have said, and I paraphrase: who wants to play missions with guys who are not kitted up? This is a killer for stf, the only ones who will be left are the hardcore (who mostly have all the good kit already) and the kiddies with unlimited access to daddies credit cards.
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Career Officer
# 120
11-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesheep View Post
I agree, it is. But who would start now? As better people than me have said, and I paraphrase: who wants to play missions with guys who are not kitted up? This is a killer for stf, the only ones who will be left are the hardcore (who mostly have all the good kit already) and the kiddies with unlimited access to daddies credit cards.
Lol the prestige premium end game levels for the entire game... and no one is playing them.

Just a month ago before S7 was announced there was a steady stream of games running on all major STF channels... now just assimilated tumbleweed roams the channels.