Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,018
# 51
11-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Hmmm, a shame we might not have Season 8 in time for the 3rd anniversary of the game in March.

In other news...

If
player count this weekend is actually down, it may well be that some stepped away to try STWOR over this weekend. Enough time to sample it's new F2P conversion and let the dilithium schism settle down before returning home to STO.


I doubt that we will ever know for certain.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 47
# 52
11-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Hmmm, a shame we might not have Season 8 in time for the 3rd anniversary of the game in March.

In other news...

If
player count this weekend is actually down, it may well be that some stepped away to try STWOR over this weekend. Enough time to sample it's new F2P conversion and let the dilithium schism settle down before returning home to STO.


I doubt that we will ever know for certain.
GW2 is also having its free trial(by invitation) this weekend as well. So there are 2 big draws that are completely unrelated to whether someone likes S7 or not.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,639
# 53
11-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thef0xguy View Post
Without actual numbers? No. And that is my entire point: any claim about the population without proof is BS. It doesnt matter whether its coming from you or Cryptic.
and i will give you that but just look around fly around look at the zone counts can you really say it got biger or even stayed the same you got more and more ppl every day since season 7 comeing on here saying i play less and less every day im leaveing the game yes we have always had ppl like that from day one but can you say to this mmagnitude? to me its not been like this as far as the i leaveing the game since month one of Feb of 2010

and dont forget like Cell phone carriers cryptic can show charts and so on to make them self look good
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.

Last edited by daan2006; 11-17-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 47
# 54
11-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
and i will give you that but just look around fly around look at the zone counts can you really say it got biger or even stayed the same you got more and more ppl every day since season 7 comeing on here saying i play less and less every day im leaveing the game yes we have always had ppl like that from day one but can you say to this mmagnitude? to me its not been like this as far as the i leaveing the game since month one of Feb of 2010
I'm not sure exactly which zones you are referring to, but I would imagine a large amount of people are going to be in the new Rom zones for a while, so that would logically mean you would see them less in the other zones. Also, as the last couple of posts mentioned, 2 very big games are free to play this weekend, which likely have temporarily distracted some who play this game.

Finally, with the new que system and events, there are going to be a lot more people in tiny instances that you cant see or count. Personally, I have no idea whether there are more or less people playing than normal. But all of those things I just mentioned added together mean any type of visual count that you are doing in game is meaningless.

Last edited by thef0xguy; 11-17-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,639
# 55
11-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thef0xguy View Post
I'm not sure exactly which zones you are referring to, but I would imagine a large amount of people are going to be in the new Rom zones for a while, so that would logically mean you would see them less in the other zones.

Also, as the last couple of posts mentioned, 2 very big games are free to play this weekend, which likely have temporarily distracted some who play this game.

Finally, with the new que system and events, there are going to be a lot more people in tiny instances that you cant see or count. Personally, I have no idea whether there are more or less people playing than normal. But all of those things I just mentioned added together mean any type of visual count that you are doing in game is meaningless.
if one of them you mean swtor if any STOer did not say frack there F2P system after loging on and seeing the limits it has then they are more then likely hooked on it and may not see them ever again even with swtor limits it has way more content then sto will ever likely see and dont forget has a story from 1 to 50 and not pit pokets of one

ask for the other dont think that one would hurt sto pop at all GW2 really go play wow or lotro if you going to try GW2

and ask for the Q i cant see i dont think its as fool as you would like to think as to why they took off how many was in it
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 47
# 56
11-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
if one of them you mean swtor if any STOer did not say frack there F2P system after loging on and seeing the limits it has then they are more then likely hooked on it and may not see them ever again even with swtor limits it has way more content then sto will ever likely see and dont forget has a story from 1 to 50 and not pit pokets of one

ask for the other dont think that one would hurt sto pop at all GW2 really go play wow or lotro if you going to try GW2

and ask for the Q i cant see i dont think its as fool as you would like to think as to why they took off how many was in it
If you are suggesting that someone would not be interested in playing TOR, GW2, and STO all at the same time(aka alternating between the 3), then I can tell you from personal experience you are wrong. I play several MMOs, but just because I log out of one to play another does not mean I have quit playing it for good, or that just because someone does not see me online that I will never be back. So for many different reasons, every assumption you are making is highly flawed.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,639
# 57
11-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thef0xguy View Post
If you are suggesting that someone would not be interested in playing TOR, GW2, and STO all at the same time(aka alternating between the 3), then I can tell you from personal experience you are wrong. I play several MMOs, but just because I log out of one to play another does not mean I have quit playing it for good, or that just because someone does not see me online that I will never be back. So for many different reasons, every assumption you are making is highly flawed.
not going to lie we can keep going back and forth like this or just let it die up to you dude i have 16 hours a day 7 days a week to do this so again up to you

you can play 1000 mmos for all i care you only going to play one for most of your free time if you try to play more then one well lets just say was you one of them that tried for months to get there STF set with no luck if so that may be why if not i just take back every thing i just said
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,128
# 58
11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Ok. 7 months away it is. I did kind of expect it sooner though.

I kind of remember them saying a few months ago "it will come sooner than we expect." Oh well.
Love this new season. Super busy. Lotsa players. Lotsa things to do.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 47
# 59
11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
not going to lie we can keep going back and forth like this or just let it die up to you dude i have 16 hours a day 7 days a week to do this so again up to you
Oh, you are free to post as much as you want. But the simple fact is, no matter how many times you post, until you have actual proof to back up your claims then it will remain BS. Nothing you say will ever change that. Now just so you know, I'm about to take a nap. I'm telling you this because I dont want you sitting there refreshing every 5 seconds to see what I said while I'm sleeping. But worry not, because I'll be happy to re-confirm that your baseless claims are still BS when I get back
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,639
# 60
11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thef0xguy View Post
[color="Orange"]Oh, you are free to post as much as you want. But the simple fact is, no matter how many times you post, until you have actual proof to back up your claims then it will remain BS.
funny you keep bringing that up and up and up you make me look untrolly do you not know how to let something die or fact why dont you call out that dude like you been doing me for the past hour that said more or less the samething i did what he you frist you dont want to troll him like you been doing me? because it sure looks that way any im going to play Halo 4 where i can think of you

also last thing to you..... you have your opinion have mine as we see some share your opinion and guess what some share mine to thats the great thing about this world we all can have opinions keep this in mind on your nex reaply as im sure you will have one
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.

Last edited by daan2006; 11-17-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 AM.