Lt. Commander
# 121
11-17-2012, 01:32 PM
I can somewhat understand the rep system, it only takes a lil work to get it advancing. They want players to play other content. The problem is the other content is worse than stfs. Give me some better gear drops and dilithium on all the missions, replays and the fleet stuff and the romulan stuff too. Then we can run a few stfs, and other content during our game play and still be able to buy end game gear. As of now its one stf, one romulan quest, some fleet stuff then grind the dilithium quest.
Career Officer
# 122
11-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
shhhhh they will nerf marks sorry had to
What they need to do is nerf the time on the rep missions, 20 hours is what they should be, max, that way I can come back every single day to the game and add more.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Captain
# 123
11-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
The main problem I see is just that the times are too high for the things to complete, 40 hours, 2 days, too long. They need to cut the time in half, period. Also, the passives being permanent anger me to no end, that should not be that way.
If they half the duration, then they will half the reputation obtained. Great for acquistion projects, but that is the only benefit to it. I seriously doubt the devs would allow us to make 2,800 Reputation each day. If they alter the cooldown, then they will alter the rewards and requirements as well. The main benefit IMO to the 40 hour project is that it is great for casual play and altism. I don't have to log on everyday just every other day to make sure the projects are going.

I would like to see a project, C-Store item, etc that allows for passive powers respec.
Lieutenant
# 124
11-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
No, this is not what was intended.

DStahl said himself that the purpose of Dilithium changes in Season 7 was so that everyone would refining more than the average of 3000 per day .

I don't know where you guys get this from but I have to spend 20 minutes per Character each day just to make Fleet Marks for the base, I need to add to that Romulan Marks, Dilithium and Omega marks as well as set up my doffs before I can actually do something out of routine... sorry but with 3 Characters and trying to support a fleet, it's just too much.

Lol @ 1.5 hours...

This is an absolute killer for the casual and weekend player as well, everything requires periodically logging in for people who work hard during the week this system is pointless. Then when they get free time on the weekends they have little or nothing to do beyond hollow STF's and scanning rocks.
Could not agree more.....since this new update came out my in game time has dropped....I just dont feel like grinding as much anymore...school is more of a priority now then in the past and my game time is slowly dropping off....nothing about this new grind gets me excited or even close to wanting to take part in unlocking the rep systems....
Lt. Commander
# 125
11-17-2012, 03:09 PM
This is not about casual vrs hardcore. In the old system it would take some one 3 days at max to get the Bog set. So already after 3 days you have your borg set. Now it will take someone close 8 days to get a borg set for there toon. The only thing that was keeping you so called casuals from doing stfs was yourself. No one and I mean no one was pointing a gun to your head and saying do stfs. To further the point with this new system however we are being told you must stop now for this amount of days before you can go further. Does that sound right to you casuals? How would you react if the devs said to you, you must now do 3 elite stfs every day?

This new system did not make things casual friendly it only added restrictions to everyone, and destroyed the end game pve content.
Career Officer
# 126
11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
This is not about casual vrs hardcore. In the old system it would take some one 3 days at max to get the Bog set. So already after 3 days you have your borg set. Now it will take someone close 8 days to get a borg set for there toon. The only thing that was keeping you so called casuals from doing stfs was yourself. No one and I mean no one was pointing a gun to your head and saying do stfs. To further the point with this new system however we are being told you must stop now for this amount of days before you can go further. Does that sound right to you casuals? How would you react if the devs said to you, you must now do 3 elite stfs every day?

This new system did not make things casual friendly it only added restrictions to everyone, and destroyed the end game pve content.

Well besides all the other stuff with the rep system...this casual hates being forced into doing elites. I'm not interested in elites, but I have to do them for MXXII gear.

I don't want to be in elites, and elite regulars don't want me there.
Commander
# 127
11-17-2012, 04:46 PM
This is not a surprise this is exactly what was expected. I don't see the problem? Its still gonna take a lot less time on average to get a complete mark XII set, with a lot less pain.
Captain
# 128
11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Cash or creditcard? Maybe.

But, you are not just losing the 120,000 dilithium you spend on the sets, you also lose what you potentially would have earned running 120 elite stf's in the old days.

The dil alone would have been additional 120,000, so that's quarter million dilithium out the window not even counting salvages, EDC's and drops...

If that's isn't painfully obvious you to, nothing will be
Captain
# 129
11-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Not sure what you are talking about, but doing 120 Elite STFs will still give you almost 120,000 dilithium. Also, boss level creatures will give better loot in next week's patch.
Career Officer
# 130
11-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
Well besides all the other stuff with the rep system...this casual hates being forced into doing elites. I'm not interested in elites, but I have to do them for MXXII gear.

I don't want to be in elites, and elite regulars don't want me there.
if you dont want to do elites, why do you want MkXII gear