Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 73
# 51
11-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
Free missions or purchase from the exchange.
The exchange doesn't magically fill with DOFFs for purchasing. They have to come from somewhere.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 52
11-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin0bass View Post
The exchange doesn't magically fill with DOFFs for purchasing. They have to come from somewhere.
No, the exchange will be filled by people turning their brains on and using doffjobs while using the doff system. Seriously, I never had any trouble making purples, season 7 didn't remove any free way to get it (it wasn't free) but it removed the easy, already overpriced (500 dil for a random geologist or warp theorist, seriously?), and inefficient system. They just made it even less efficient.

It won't change the game, except for people not willing to learn the doff mechanics.

Anyway the markets already gave their verdict: purple, blue and green doffs are worth nothing on the exchange. It means they have very little value for people, and indeed, I don't see the necessity of having purples, except for your active roster, since you don't need them as consumables anywhere. Tactical and security whites will still have some value but the rest will be completely ignored since purples get in everyday without any sink to balance that. More purples every day and no sink can't make them cost more.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-18-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16
# 53
11-18-2012, 06:43 PM
This was a really dumb change. It was already expensive to grind up to a purple DOFF, and the price to do so now is utterly ridiculous compared to what the DOFF tier rewards cost for buying them with dilithium.

The grinder is RANDOM. I didn't like getting purple chefs from it before S7, and I'm not even going to risk it now, because the cost is stupidly high for something I have no choice of what I get.

Converting that dilithium to zen and buying a pack is easily a far better option right now. So why grind out a potentially useless purple instead of buying an entire DOFF pack with the same amount of dilithium?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 54
11-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
No, the exchange will be filled by people turning their brains on and using doffjobs while using the doff system. Seriously, I never had any trouble making purples, season 7 didn't remove any free way to get it (it wasn't free) but it removed the easy, already overpriced (500 dil for a random geologist or warp theorist, seriously?), and inefficient system. They just made it even less efficient.

It won't change the game, except for people not willing to learn the doff mechanics.

Anyway the markets already gave their verdict: purple, blue and green doffs are worth nothing on the exchange. It means they have very little value for people, and indeed, I don't see the necessity of having purples, except for your active roster, since you don't need them as consumables anywhere. Tactical and security whites will still have some value but the rest will be completely ignored since purples get in everyday without any sink to balance that. More purples every day and no sink can't make them cost more.
Resorting to calling people who don't agree with you stupid, lazy or bad discredits your argument. You did this same thing in another thread, for the same reason. PWE made a change to the game, reducing Dil supply, to squeeze the playerbase for cash, and you were and are trying to defend them doing so.

It's a silly position to take, and resorting to insults to do so demonstrates just how little else there is for PWE reps to stand on.

Last edited by aestu; 11-18-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,880
# 55
11-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Bajoran exchange do. It's slower though.
And Cardassian, but Bajorans can get the highly coveted efficient/resolve combo.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 56
11-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Resorting to calling people who don't agree with you stupid, lazy or bad discredits your argument. You did this same thing in another thread, for the same reason. PWE made a change to the game, reducing Dil supply, to squeeze the playerbase for cash, and you were and are trying to defend them doing so.

It's a silly position to take, and resorting to insults to do so demonstrates just how little else there is for PWE reps to stand on.

Because he is right. They didn't take everything away. Cryptic just adjustet the costs of a small portion of the doff system.

If you are not clever enough to this... well, your problem xD
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 57
11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
Because he is right. If you are not clever enough to this... well, your problem xD
Calling anyone who doesn't share your opinion stupid invalidates your argument.
The fact you haven't been actioned for insulting other posters speaks for itself.

PWE did this to drain Dil to sell more Zen. Watching Zen tumble on the Dil XC proves as much.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.