Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
It sure beats the whole TNG style bridge, which has Picard sit next to the ship's therapist.

'Counselor, do you sense any impressions from the bad guys?'

'They're obviously lying to us, but about what I don't know.'

'Thank you that was very helpful.'
I am more concerned about the first officer's chair (on both the Galaxy and Intrepid bridge). I mean, you have the captain sitting in his/her chair barking orders at the bridge crew ...while the first officer is doing the same thing. To me that seems a lot like having two captains. At least Spock made himself useful as a science officer.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
11-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
I am more concerned about the first officer's chair (on both the Galaxy and Intrepid bridge). I mean, you have the captain sitting in his/her chair barking orders at the bridge crew ...while the first officer is doing the same thing. To me that seems a lot like having two captains. At least Spock made himself useful as a science officer.
I actually like that about TNG, DS9 and even Voyager. They made the XO more in line with what it's like in a modern navy. Sure Spock was useful as a science officer, but I think being an XO would be way more intensive than TOS makes it out to be. Plus TNG also had Riker lead away teams, leaving the good captain behind on the ship. While it was cool of Kirk to recklessly risk his life every week, it was also pretty irresponsible given how many times they kept getting captured and beaten up by whoever the bad guys happened to be.
Captain
# 13
11-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
This is such a bone-headed reason why I am not sure how to respond to it. I mean come on, if they were really that sexist they wouldn't have gone with a female captain anyway.
It wasn't about them being sexist, it was about them being afraid to offend sexist members of the television viewing audience.

"Oh yes we can have a female captain, but we musn't send the message that a woman can handle the command of a ship without a man by her side."
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
11-18-2012, 04:11 AM
I also think its a good idea to have a TNG bundle to fix some modelo issues with some of the Galaxy models. For a start, they could include a fix for the Venture class. (the one we pay for) so it has the proper windows "all over" and not different ones on the hull.

Would also be good to make the "type 6" material (the white one) available for all versions of the galaxy class. The basic Galaxy class would look great with the type 6 material.

One final addition is to make an "exclusive" TNG hull material for the galaxy class. I was looking at the fleet Galaxy class model in the ship requisition room and noticed it has the awesom "aztech" hull material. It would be great if they made this hull material, and got rid of the blue tint, add the white colour from material six and change the deflector from a plain blue one to a proper Galaxy deflector like the one with material two.

Thats just an idea, but would probably get a really authentic looking Galaxy class.

(Yes you can probably tell...I love the Galaxy class)