Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,130
# 131
11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Not sure what you are talking about, but doing 120 Elite STFs will still give you almost 120,000 dilithium. Also, boss level creatures will give better loot in next week's patch.
New stf is 120,000 for the sets PLUS what you would have earned.

120 runs in the old days:

120,000 dilithium plus 40,000 per drop you got - if we pretend what you say is true and you never got the last drop let's call it a mere 2 elite drops for 120 missions that's still

120,000 dilithium + 2 x 40,000 dil drops

200,000 dilthium into your bank for 120 missions on old stf (only counting dilthium and elite drops)

On new stf you lose the price of the drops and LOSE the dilithium you would have earned;

120,000+80,000 (assuming you only got 2 elite drops for 150 runs)

In short you are paying double, I have no idea why it's so hard for people to understand...
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
# 132
11-17-2012, 05:23 PM
it still doesn't change the fact that this is a game changing move. it radically shifts the balance of equality for most players. with the influx of new players and old players playing alts, the disparity among users remaining competitive in team based actions grows exponentially.

with no more access to space weapons, the players listed above will have to focus on either crafting expensive and underpowered weapons, or turning to the exchange to kite out their ship. the prevalence of mix and match ships will increase, because the supply of quality weapons is so finite.

overall, the level of competitiveness between players that have all the items they need and players who don't will be very apparent. the players who don't have all the items they need will be playing an endless game of catch-up. they will not have the equipment needed to place in the top 3 in fleet actions, thus ensuring they have limited access to the higher quality equipment they would need to become more competitive. in terms of pvp, they would have no incentive to even try it, let alone play it constantly, because of the fact that they don't have the ec, resources or accessibility to items that those who have, take for granted.

team based, cooperative content will suffer the most. no one likes blowing up 20 times in a single match, waiting a minute or more between respawns. face it, with the passives being offered by the reputation system, the quality of enemies that we will face now and in the future will only get harder to compensate. without an easier way to adequately ascertain gear for all the new toons, they will in turn be a liability that no one, veteran or new player, would want.

i'm not saying not to run the content you want to run. it's just a common fact that tempers will rage, feelings will be hurt and ignore lists will grow all because of the disparity of competitiveness between players who are geared and those who are not. something needs to give, or else the future player base trying to enter into content will be bottlenecked and the veterans playing that content already will leave due to a lack of people capable of playing that content.

either way, this affects all of us. please don't disregard the future of this game so your captain can selfishly look "cool" with a costume set that will barely be used for the content it was really created for.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
# 133
11-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Not sure what you are talking about, but doing 120 Elite STFs will still give you almost 120,000 dilithium. Also, boss level creatures will give better loot in next week's patch.
i think he is just trying to illustrate the fact that it is harder to ascertain and keep dilithium in season 7 as opposed to how it was season 6. with refined dil being a finite resource, the OP feels shortchanged as his dilithium earning potential is severely decreased, while his dilithium expenditures continue to increase. thus, putting them in a situation that results in a severe drought of dil. please correct me if i'm wrong.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,130
# 134
11-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Well it does bring up the interesting point of what if they add additional reputations?

If those build on top and you come into the game late you are looking at 2-3 months per rep system to catch up.
And even moreso if you are slow to complete it. You want to be 4 rep systems behind and have to spend maybe 4 months on each? :/

As far as "catching up" in pve I don't see that as the main problem. It's liberal and easy enough to complete as it is, aslong as you play the elites in the flow of the team I rarely if ever got any complaints.
And I've been lame enough to show up in a TOS ship for elite on several occasions.

Of course if they add a votekick function things would be go to hell in handbasket real fast - but that's with or without the rep system.

If I did make a new character, which I won't, or came into the game next week I'd simple use exchange gear and then I'd find out I was able to do my job on stf, it's simple scripted for it.

Only one time I'd ever been able to make a build that would not work but I had to concentrate on removing useful stuffs to get there.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
# 135
11-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
snip.
it's not if, but when. multiple dev blogs have posted about how this is merely the beginning for the reputation system.

general single player pve is fine. team based crap is what i'm worried about. you already have people badmouthing each other and getting into arguments over silly crap. all the threads about rainbow cruisers and skittle boats clearly indicate that people do not like playing with individuals who are under-equipped. spending 3-5x the amount of time that you would normally need in a team based event will certainly ensure that tempers will flare. if you don't believe me, think of the worst pug you've ever been in and imagine if that were common place.

it's great if you have enough ec for the exchange, but what about players who don't? what happens when the supply of quality weapons dries up, while the demand gets stronger? i've already seen the exchange prices for weapons go up. so, given some more time, it's really going to be unobtainable for the average player. white mk ix or x weapons are what people should be expecting soon. because expecting to pay a couple hundred thousand ec for a blue space commander's weapon is insane. but it follows the same principle. high demand, low supply.

and yes, i understand that drops will be increasing. that's only for boss level content. average people will have a harder time getting these items, while power players will hopefully rake in the dough.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,686
# 136
11-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Scorpion fighters are 10,000 dil, 60 marks and 30 doff.

You could do that, or, simply go to the shipyard and get green fighters for 4,150 ECs

Remember kids, if you start any item projects you lose 2 days of leveling, don't be a sucker

/edit

ps. about remodulation simply roam with 2 x shotgun so you can still be effective in combat using knockdown instead of dps or use 1 melee weapon depending on your kit/career.
I don't get the fighters...I mean they are nice and all...but 30 doffs for a single hanger...something is really screwy there. Part of me wishes they weren't what I was hoping for from these fighters. >.>
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,130
# 137
11-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Well I am a cheap bastards so, I don't even buy small hypos for ground that's how cheap I am lmao
I only heal criticals and if I have gotten any of them as drops, I don't heal period.
But my point is, the game is easy enough that you can do that.
In fact on my tank, the second I was level 50 I queued up for elite stf and walked in and tanked armok solo, in all random greens and a lower level kit - the game is balanced towards very poor gear.

And I used the same philosophy in space and like I said I rarely get any complaints.
Aslong as they don't go do something stupid as adding a kick function they are actively forcing us to help oneanother.

Sure I met my share of complainers but it's worst for them if they start it up with me around.
I had people carry me when I started out and teaching me the maps so of course I have to return the favour.

The only thing I'd complain about is when we get a guy on the team that has no idea what is going on, doesn't follow the team AND doesn't understand english.
But even those times I'd worked through it, I've used google translate to communicate or be lucky enough to have a person on the team translating.

About gear alone I'd never complain however if I see a guy in a skittles I do throw a few jokes at him and gently and politely explain it to him.
Same thing with say dual pistols on the ground or the minigun.

But all in all, the game is so easy in addition to not having a kick function, that in my view things mainly run smoothly.

/edit

ps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I don't get the fighters...I mean they are nice and all...but 30 doffs for a single hanger...something is really screwy there. Part of me wishes they weren't what I was hoping for from these fighters. >.>
Wait for the purple ones not wasting any time on purchasing anything; an item project blocks leveling projects.
No idea what those costs though we will have to see but it's going to have to be less than 30,000 dil

Last edited by vestereng; 11-17-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,451
# 138
11-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Dilithium is limited to the 8,000 refine dilithium cap. It doesn't matter if you have 1,000,000 dilithium ore since dilithium ore is completely useless. All that matters is the 8,000 dilithium ore that will be converted today. There are numerous ways to reach the cap. There are far easier ways to get dilithium than doing elite STFs. Elite STFs are for getting equipment not earning dilithium. Besides a guaranteed Mk XII STF set is a thousand times better and worth the drop in potential dilithium than the chance of doing thousands of STFs and never getting a Mk XII STF set drop while your teammate gets every Mk XII STF drop the first time doing an Elite STF.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 114
# 139
11-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
I will take this compared to farming STFs for 5 straight months, every single day and not getting a single piece of proto tech. I don't know about you.. maybe you got all your proto tech on your first runs, but I was way more frustrated with the previous system.

But OP, a question, do you need to unlock MkX to gain access to MkXII? As far as i know you can skip MkX if you don't want it.

If you need to unlock MkX to get to MkXII, then that's screwed up!
I find it hard to believe that in 5 months you failed to get a single proto drop. Hell i was getting at least one of each daily almost, and cashing them out for the dilithium, not to mention the proto salvage and rare salvage, oh and yea, all the blue and purple drops for straight up EC conversion.

This new system sucks hairy monkey squares.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
# 140
11-17-2012, 09:35 PM
wouldn't it be funny if this were just the tip of the iceberg? i wonder how appreciative you woud be of the new system if the following was implemented:

1. upgrade times increase as tiers get higher. i.e. tier 2 upgrade = 2 hours, tier 3 = 4 hours, tier 4 = 8 hours, tier 5 16 hours

2. equipment requisitions require previous mark for upgrade. to upgrade to a mk xi maco armor, you would first need the mk x armor

3. equipment upgrade times increase as mk increases

seeing as how we will not find out any of this, until someone reaches tier 2 and subsequently, tier 3, would it surprise you if this were the case?

in all the estimates that i've done before, i've assumed that it was a baseline standard across the board. it might be the case, it might not be the case. if this is the content that is supposed to make up the majority of what's to do before season 8, it stands to reason that with subsequent tiers comes subsequent project time increases. the dreaded 40 hour waiting period between projects might just be the tip of the iceberg.

comments?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:50 AM.