Captain
# 11
11-17-2012, 04:40 PM
I Agree with the OP they should make EC drops....

So far they removed it from PVP, PVE, and selling the ship parts from your new ship....
If you are lucky you can save up some EC these days but I know why Cryptic had to remove it otherwise we wouldn't buy from them with our dillitium but we would bought it all from the exchange with EC I mean the keys and Lockboxes.

But despite to say it would be nice if they make more ways to earn EC because not everyone have 100K EC these days .....

Greets
Career Officer
# 12
11-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Sorry, but, "not everyone has 100k ec these days"... who are these people? Do they play the game or just visit the forums? Vendoring junk drops from 30 minutes of play can net amounts in excess of 100k.

If I hear one more suggestion of how much better the game would be if Cryptic could funnel all game rewards into those 6 retched STFs, so that diehards don't have to play any other aspect of the game, I'll lose my wits.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Just play Starbase 24 for loot drops. Tour the Galaxy will give you 500k at least a day.

I can't believe some people think that we are entering an EC recession.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Career Officer
# 14
11-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
If I hear one more suggestion of how much better the game would be if Cryptic could funnel all game rewards into those 6 retched STFs, so that diehards don't have to play any other aspect of the game, I'll lose my wits.
Cryptic needs to put gear drops back into STF's, so I don't have to do anything else...

Watches nynik's wits go bouncing across the floor.....

Sorry. Had to...
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Captain
# 15
11-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
Well honestly, there was really no need for EC at VA anyways.... Except for the XII consoles but other than that, nothing. So this is actually a good move.
I can spend 100,000 Zen trying and still never get a purple Tactical Team cooldown-reducing Conn DOff, no matter what my rank is. EC, on the other hand, guarantees that I can so long as someone is selling, and they usually are.

EC is nowhere near as useless as people like to say it is unless you already have everything, which takes a long time after VA for a new player.
Captain
# 16
11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
Just play Starbase 24 for loot drops. Tour the Galaxy will give you 500k at least a day.

I can't believe some people think that we are entering an EC recession.
My last three Starbase 24 runs have earned me an average of 12k each. My best yet was a nice green deflector drop that went for 50k but that was more than a month back.

I've been playing for 3 months, I have never yet been online while tour the universe was available. Based on the schedule I doubt that I will have a chance to try it before 2013.

As best as I can tell, my only option to get EC is to pull it from other players via the market. I have, functionally, almost no ability to actually earn it in play.

Vendoring loot from running missions gets me about 30k/hour on my VA50 and 7k/hour on my lower alts at best, because time spent at the tailor, or setting up doff missions or travelling or running STFs or this or that or that other thing I earn nothing at all. I only have about 6 hours a week I get to play. With all the EC sinks, this past month I've been losing money over time not earning it. Since season 7, I've been bleeding money far faster than I earn it.

That said, I agree that putting loot back into the STFs is not the answer. Personally, to help the newer people like me I have a totally different suggestion: If they'd remove all consumable item drops from combat and replace them with white items, that would go a looooong way towards helping us newer players. When you loot an enemy and get something that vendors for 8ec (not 8k, just eight total) instead of a couple thousand... it's a sad feeling. I get somewhere around 4 consumables for every white item. This change would be enormous for those of us who don't get a lot of hours in-game and do like to play missions. and it doesn't rely on the STF.

Until then, I'm doing surveys for zen and selling keys haha.

Last edited by gavinruneblade; 11-18-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
True.Who would want to buy a lockbox ship with ec or other things from lobistore,or equipment when you can spend 200000000000000000 years trying to find a mk XII DHC accx3 ....

*facepalm*
I am having issues understanding how this is all related to acquiring anything I am trying to achieve. I am trying to acquire Borg tech and Omega rep (to achieve Omega marks). How is it all possible? Someone told me it works for Omega rep to do Fleet missions, is this true? What must I do (be as descriptive as possible to get the point across) to achieve Borg tech for my starship?
Captain
# 18
11-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeantank View Post
I am having issues understanding how this is all related to acquiring anything I am trying to achieve. I am trying to acquire Borg tech and Omega rep (to achieve Omega marks). How is it all possible? Someone told me it works for Omega rep to do Fleet missions, is this true? What must I do (be as descriptive as possible to get the point across) to achieve Borg tech for my starship?
The wiki article is here: http://www.stowiki.org/STF, but I didn't find it so helpful so I'll take a shot and answering you here.

I will assume you know how to open the PvE queue. If not beneath your minimap, right next to the image of three people there is one that is three diagonal arrows. That's the one. Or you can hotkey "j" and then select "PvE queue".

Now you have a list of all the available PvE missions. You can sort them by reward, there are a few options:
1. Dilithium/gear (you want to ignore this)
2. Fleet marks (you want to ignore this)
3. Romulan marks (you want to ignore this)
4. Omega marks (bingo)

Now, there are space and ground. If you are joining a random group and not playing with friends, you want to pretend the ground missions don't exist and only do space. To get a feel for the missions start with normal difficulty and not the elite ones. Your top three are Infected, The Cure, and Khitomer. One other exists called The Hive Onslaught, but it has a moderately high fail rate so you will want to avoid it.

Do read the wiki to get an idea of what happens in each of these missions. When you win you will get a number of omega marks and might get other items like a borg neural processor if you did elite difficulty.

Once you have 30 or so omega marks, open your character page by using the hotkey "u". There is a new tab called "reputation". By default it always goes to romulan but on the left you can select omega reputation. You have three selectors, two projects and one reward. The reward is greyed out and you can't do anything until you achieve "Tier 1" by completing 4 projects. There are only two and you can only do two at once, so just queue them up. The steps are:
1. click on the first open project slot.
2. in the right box click the button for "select" on the project you want to do, you can scroll up and down to see both/all of them.
3. repeat for your second project slot

Now, click into one of the projects again. You see it is like a fleet project and you have 4 items you need to fill up to finish it. The first is omega marks and you only need 17 fr one and 9 for the other, so fill it up. The second is expertise and you need a couple thousand but I assume you have plenty so fill it up. Now you need some consumables and some commodities. These will cost you energy credits. The full list you need for both of your projects is:
100 shield generators (75ec cheap, 100ec each standard = 10k ec total)
50 industrial energy cells (300ec cheap, 400ec each standard = 20k ec total)
20 Major Regenerators (400ec = 8k ec total)
20 large shield charge (320 ec = 6.4k total)

You can get all of these on DS9 or earth stardock from a consumable vendor or in space from azuria. Don't use the market.

When you fill up all of the bits of the project it starts a timer to finish that takes 40 hours. so you will need 4 days of real time and enough to do all of this twice to open up Tier 1 in the reward system.

At this time the first reward becomes available. Just be VERY careful. There are two options. Once consumes 5 borg neural processors and only gives 1,000 dilithium. You do NOT want to do this by mistake because you cannot undo it or abandon and it is a very costly mistake. Instead you want to do the "omeka task force claim tier 1 reputation" reward. this only costs 10 omega marks, 100 dilithium, and 1,000 experience. it then needs 1 hour to process.

NOW you have access to Mark X borg gear. But each on is a project and you can only run two projects at a time. Also, each one will cost marks, dilithium, experience and a commodity or consumable. The full list is on the wiki here:
http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_Reput...ystem_projects

but let's say you want the assimilated borg ship set. That will take these projects each one needing 40 hours to finish and you can do 2 at a time for a total of 4 days to get the full set.

Requisition : Assimilated Deflector Dish Mk X
* 450 Omega Marks
* 14,000 Refined dilithium
* 10,000 Expertise
* 30 [Communication Arrays]

Requisition : Assimilated Impulse Engine Mk X
* 450 Omega Marks
* 10,000 Expertise
* 8 [Warp Coils]

Requisition : Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array Mk X
* 450 Omega Marks
* 10,000 Expertise
* 60 [Shield Generators]

Requisition : Assimilated Universal Console
* 500 Omega Marks
* 15,000 Refined dilithium
* 10,000 Expertise
* 25 [Astrometric Probes]

If you are willing to wait a bit longer and unlock higher tiers you can get the mark XII version instead which most people consider the smart move because the dilithium and omega mark costs are so high so you probably don't want to get the Mark X as a placeholder, doing it twice is just too expensive and not worth it. Or you might decide that you hate the reputation system, get the Mark X and call it done and never go for the mark XII, which I am considering.

The romulan system works basically the same but with romulan marks instead of omega marks and it uses large hypos instead of shield charges.
Empire Veteran
# 19
11-20-2012, 03:30 AM
What the Hell are Energy Credits anyways? Aside from being the ingame currency alongside Dilithium, Gold Pressed Latinum, Lobi Crystals, & Marks.

I mean the age old argument as to why Energy Credit Currency for the Federation.

Is there a lack of energy in the Federation? LOL

Unto the OP subject, yeah the projects its a bit of a strain on player's pockets, that is if you're not a multienergynaire.
Commander
# 20
11-20-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
What the Hell are Energy Credits anyways? Aside from being the ingame currency alongside Dilithium, Gold Pressed Latinum, Lobi Crystals, & Marks.

I mean the age old argument as to why Energy Credit Currency for the Federation.

Is there a lack of energy in the Federation? LOL

Unto the OP subject, yeah the projects its a bit of a strain on player's pockets, that is if you're not a multienergynaire.
Do you want an IC reason for Energy Credits or the OOC reason?

IC -

The Federation adopted the Energy Credit system when trading with the Klingon Empire as it was the Empire's standard of currency, since then they've adopted it as a method of controlling access to resources within the Federation.

OOC -

It's simply a futuristic sounding term that represents the money that doesn't exist in the Star Trek society since TNG onwards for the players to use to place a value on items within game.