Empire Veteran
# 21
11-17-2012, 03:38 AM
on the dil exchange its at 145 right now. wish i hadn't cashed out at 150
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-17-2012, 07:26 AM
Didn't dstahl claim that people were earning more dilithium than before? If this was true, wouldn't it lead to higher dil per zen prices? Or am I thinking in the wrong direction here?
Captain
# 23
11-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
Didn't dstahl claim that people were earning more dilithium than before? If this was true, wouldn't it lead to higher dil per zen prices? Or am I thinking in the wrong direction here?
There are just so many Dil sinks now - that even if folks might earn more, they've got to spend it like never before. Heck, even the DOFF General Recruitment costs 1k Dil now...

It's one of the reasons they caved on some of the changes - folks would have walked away.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
# 24
11-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Well either they wanted to fool players and intentionally tried to mislead them, or they just didn't really think about the changes.

Now to quote the dev blog:
Quote:
Concern 1 ? Active level 50 players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to.
Prior to Season 7, the average amount of Dilithium refined by an active level 50 player was 3100 per session or 13,250 per week. That is far less than the cap of 8000 per day when you consider that most level 50 players play multiple days per week and slightly more than the average hours per session.
At the sound of that they are talking about characters, not accounts. Since the dil cap is per char. The first question would be, how many chars does the average player have? let's say you have 4 chars. 3 of them do the click daily and one is played actively. That would mean 3 of them get... what was it? about 1.4k dil? The active char gets 8k since it was pretty easy to reach that. That means we got (8 + 1.4 * 3)/4 k as average dilithium per char. That would be about 3k.
So it is true, on average a char only uses 3k of his daily dilithium but the account gets about 12k dilithium. With the new system they wanted you to get 8k dil in 4 hours.
With the old system, the click daily and 4 chars I would say you got the 12k dil in 2-3 hours. Depending on your faction and what you actually did.

So basically they either tried to fool us or they did not understand their data. So I would say an account with 4 chars gets now on average 1/2-3/4 of the old dilithium if he plays about 3 hours a day. The less you play the worse it gets, the more chars you have the worse it gets. Also they introduced new dilithium sinks.

So the conclusion: the new system screws dilithium income of almost every player and especially those who might only be able to play 1h per day.

Edit: Something I forgot. I suppose they only count chars that are actually logged in on a day. So that means with the click daily gone people might stop to log in each char every day. That means if the look now on the average dilithium per char it might increase even if the average dilithium per account decreases.
So they might not even realize that they screwed everyone but think they helped, which is a pity.

Last edited by aetam1; 11-17-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-17-2012, 10:08 AM
And they are looking at refinements per day, which means their data is skewed because players have lots of ore from cashing in their STF loot.
Captain
# 26
11-17-2012, 05:09 PM
rumor has it the voldamort bug is back, and in a bigger badder way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 27
11-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Only if the demand for dilithium increases and from the sounds around the forums there are a lot of people who are giving up so demand may net drop, meaning prices will drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
It's been back for a while now.

EDIT: not really sure if it ever really went away...

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here

Last edited by therealsivar; 11-17-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsivar View Post
It's been back for a while now.

EDIT: not really sure if it ever really went away...
It hasnt. There was an defiant running EWP3 in a match a few weeks before the patch
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
I can confirm.
A friend of mine now has a Dkora with several additional boff abilities, including a comedy GW3.
Rihannsu
# 30
11-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Quick someone make a video podcast, get Gecko on there, and show him this completely new, working as intended, never seen or heard before behavior. These guys only recognize Voldi when it hits them with a stick.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013