Career Officer
# 341
11-17-2012, 04:00 AM
I just think it's tacky, and the boobs are way too big, I'm happy for boobs to be there just not that disproportionate to the body... it actually looks as if she's about to fall over because her boobs are acting like gravity wells.

A nice pert pair of C or B cups would have been perfect.

On another note though, I saw people comparing the face to Twi****e Bird.... I actually think the artist drew inspiration from Saavik in Star Trek 3.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-17-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 342
11-17-2012, 04:30 AM
That's hawt lol. More ! More plz more crazy artists of STO ! lol.
Captain
# 343
11-17-2012, 06:04 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-21-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Lieutenant
# 344
11-17-2012, 07:20 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Captain
# 345
11-17-2012, 08:46 AM
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Captain
# 346
11-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleduck View Post
Long live Sexy Phaser Girl!
That's part of the problem, I don't find the image of a depressed dreamy girl any sexy.

(Seriously, light blue colour all over the page and that face.)

EDIT: Btw, if I were as useful in battle as she seems to be (and it was my job), I'd feel pretty depressed myself. lol
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 11-17-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Lieutenant
# 347
11-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I love fanservice, I have it in my sig. But considering that's a Vulcan? Highly illogical Captain.
I believe I have read through enough of the thread...
Speaking as a heterosexual male, I don't have a problem with revealing outfits. All the women in your signature are lovely in their own way regardless of the cheesecake outfits. People of both genders and a variety of orientations have different tastes, duh. I've met female friends in game that don't mind making their avatars look 'pretty' or have huge boobs.

My problem is not with the sexualization but moreso for the bad artwork involved. That tired lifeless cold glazed-over look in the eyes. That phaser pointed the wrong way while she's looking at the audience. Those heeled boots (really? really!?) and those pips that we can't even get in the C-store.

My personal problem specifically with that artwork is the posing of the 'phaser lady'. Her posing is wrong, looks uncomfortable and unnatural, and is just terribad.
This is the internet. If I want boobs I do a quick search and I have more boobs of every color/shape/size/type that I could ever want.

You don't do a service to your game by stupidly trying to capture a certain market segment that would have no interest in Star Trek. I did a thread on 'why STO is awesome' and basically every reply was 'the big honking ships'.

Personally though, my sex life is fantastic enough that I'd actually feel better with a sexy curvy starship (perhaps the Vesta?) featured prominantly in the foreground instead. OOoooooo dem curves =D
Lieutenant
# 348
11-17-2012, 02:45 PM
On the contrary, Toiva. I think the Vulcan girl is very attractive, she has a beautiful face and that this is really beyond doubt. Her expression is a suitable mixture of tension and focus befitting the dramatic nature of the scene. Really if you think she is ugly, well I don't know what to say, other than, please post to a link to or mention a name of a woman you do find attractive, or I will assume you are some sort of deviant.

Endaflash, you say you are complaining about the "terribad" artwork, as if it was a stylistic issue, then you go on to complain about subject matter. These issues are quite different.

Now about the image itself... it's slightly different style to Handsome Phaser Guy, less dramatic lighting, less contrast, resulting in an image that looks more like an illustration. So, overall does look a little flatter. But that is all that about all you could say negatively about the style. Otherwise it is technically a very fine piece of work, whether or not you approve of the subject matter.

Composition is fine and nicely weighted, she fits perfectly into her place on the page in a suitably dramatic action pose.

Could her gaze be more aligned with the phaser? Perhaps, but in my opinion is overlookable as it is a frozen moment from the heat of battle.

Is the image too blue? Maybe? But I quite like blue, and the rest of the image is meant to be a background to other content, so a hazy blue overall tone makes sense.

Is she misleading about game content? Only in that her uniform top isn't actually available in game. Otherwise my bridge bunnies wear a similar outfit of; Sierra 1 (Open) top, Sierra Skirt 1, Sierra Boots. So there you have it. I also wish the game had better hair so my Vulcan tac Boff could get wavy hair like her.

Last edited by bumbleduck; 11-17-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Captain
# 349
11-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Busty girl in an improbable uniform wielding an exceedingly silly weapon with light blue everywhere?

This picture is perfectly representative of Star Trek Online. I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 350
11-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Five minutes and photoshop: slightly less annoyed at pic.

http://i.imgur.com/srprf.jpg

Phaser guy was confident enough to check his shot, she should be too.

The cleavage doesn't bug me. The promotional vulcan "open uniform" pic is worse IMO. The belt buckle looking like its on her hips instead of in the middle of her waist bugs me more.

Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form