Captain
Is S7 worth it to you? Are you happy with it? Do you even want to play the game? Can you play the game?

If Cryptic really held a vote, would you say yes or no to temporarily going back to S6 until the devs listen to the community and fix up S7? (I don't know if that's even possible, but if it was would you want them to)

I would say yes to putting it back to S6 for the moment because of 1) Something in S7 is causing my game to not work at all, 2) From the patch notes and what players describe (good, bad, or just informative), S7 is not all that the devs promised. In fact, it's almost a nightmare.

What would you say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)

Last edited by voporak; 11-17-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Captain
# 2
11-17-2012, 09:22 PM
yes for reverting to S 6
Community Moderator
# 3
11-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Considering doing a massive rollback on a huge patch (including DB changes) on an MMO always leads to either a FULL backup pull from before the patch or an astronomical amount of bugs, Nope.

Sorry but from my point of view, dev's listened to the community on a number of things that are in S7.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 4
11-17-2012, 09:38 PM
I say revert back to season 6

The Romulan content and the tier system
Could have been added without
Omega marks
Romulan marks
Neural processors

Using the old STF salvage

There was no need of this new currency
With the new Dil sinks Thete was no need
To change rewards on anything except to add
Salvage where needed.

Without taking away rewards from players
Season 7 would be a LOT more acceptable
To everyone
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 5
11-17-2012, 09:38 PM
ok I had to reinstal game several times try that if does not work contact Branflakes
Career Officer
# 6
11-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Nope. I gotta agree with askray on this, it would just create far more problems than it'd solve. It would also take a lot more time to properly setup and implement than simply continuing to make changes to S7 to fix its issues and bring it's features more in line with what S6 offered.
Joined August 2008
Career Officer
# 7
11-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Another OMG season 7 thread... starting to get annoying. Y'all are starting to sound like my wife. She likes to complain too when she can't get EVERYTHING she wants right away for nothing or when she toils away at something that will never happen for months or years and then realizes she has to start over by doing it a better more steady way.

Vote: NO, as the game will be better in the long run with these changes... especially after the OP and all the others rage quit. Do you know how I know it will be better? Because they have been doing this for a long time and all of you cry babies have zero experience, except for Monday morning quarter backing like you own the place...
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-17-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
11-17-2012, 09:51 PM
God no, too much good came with S7 to make that even remotely a good idea.
Captain
# 9
11-17-2012, 09:55 PM
To the person two replies above me...

Accusations of rage. Anger at a simple question of people's opinion. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. This is what the community has come to. What do we have left when we've come to raging at someone's point of view? Where was I whining? Where was I raging? Where was I talking of quitting? Do you even know where you're coming from?

Is this really what we have come to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 10
11-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Too many good things in Season 7. Fleet doffs being more evenly distributed, only requiring white doffs for fleet projects, guaranteed Mk XII STF sets instead of that random mess of the old system, new mission content, new world, new ways to improve the power of your captain, and new equipment make reverting to Season 6 a bad idea IMO. I would have say that Season 7 is good since it gave me a reason to play STFs aside from getting the Borg Set. Season 7 seems to have more content than what we have had in one season for a long time. Only thing that would have made it perfect would be a KDF faction that had the same amount of mission content as Feds got at launch.