Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,781
# 11
11-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Only thing that would have made it perfect would be a KDF faction that had the same amount of mission content as Feds got at launch.
+1 to this. Where's the love for the KDF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
# 12 Yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,
11-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Yes i prefer the season #6 just as it was. (here i whill speak french because it is more easy for me) Crytic ses tirer dans les pied avec cette saison. C'est la plus mauvaise jusque ici. A vrai dire je n'aime rien des modification de cette saison. Il nous on menti sur plusieur sujet qui a trais a cette saison. Moi et ma flotte n'avons plus de plaisir a jouer. A quoi ca sert de jouer a un jeux qui ne procure plus de plaisir? Avant on avais une chance de progresser, maintenant c'est rendu une tache trop ardu pour etre plaisante.


Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Is S7 worth it to you? Are you happy with it? Do you even want to play the game? Can you play the game?

If Cryptic really held a vote, would you say yes or no to temporarily going back to S6 until the devs listen to the community and fix up S7? (I don't know if that's even possible, but if it was would you want them to)

I would say yes to putting it back to S6 for the moment because of 1) Something in S7 is causing my game to not work at all, 2) From the patch notes and what players describe (good, bad, or just informative), S7 is not all that the devs promised. In fact, it's almost a nightmare.

What would you say?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 557
# 13
11-17-2012, 10:03 PM
i wouldn't go so far as to ask for a full revert back to s6. Rather, i'd want that the old STF system be put back along WITH the new omega system.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,762
# 14
11-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
I would say yes to putting it back to S6 for the moment because of 1) Something in S7 is causing my game to not work at all,
Have you tried getting customer support to see what is wrong or try reinstalling the game in case of a bad installation? In another MMO, a few instances were completely inaccessible due to a bad installation and reinstalling the game fixed that up.

Also did you start a thread in the bug section to see if someone has an idea how to fix it? The only way to say a season is bad is if you try it yourself.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,781
# 15
11-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Have you tried getting customer support to see what is wrong or try reinstalling the game in case of a bad installation? In another MMO, a few instances were completely inaccessible due to a bad installation and reinstalling the game fixed that up.

Also did you start a thread in the bug section to see if someone has an idea how to fix it? The only way to say a season is bad is if you try it yourself.
I did reinstall the game today, still broken, and I've made two threads in the PC & Technical section but no solution has been found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 741
# 16
11-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Personally, no. I like a fair bit of the new content, I don't like other parts of it, that's pretty standard.

Things I wish they'd change are things like the total lack of Dilithium, the one click foundry missions (I know people will dislike me for liking those, but with 9 toons, it came in handy), the timers on the reputation projects need halved... Part of the fun in playing anything, is instant gratification, but most of the STF gear I already had at mark XII, now because of excessively long timers, it's going to take me months to get to the level where I can acquire the last few bits I need.

That said, I like that it's not all down to random chance, I like that New Romulus is an open zone and not all about the "go here and kill 5 groups of {insert name}". I like that they've reduced the requirements for DOFFs on Starbase upgrades (though this still needs brought down further, along with all other requirements as they kill small fleets and make baby pandas cry).

If they could iron out the bugs and sort the excessive requirements and timers on things, then it'd be fine in my book.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,138
# 17
11-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Another OMG season 7 thread... starting to get annoying. Y'all are starting to sound like my wife. She like to complains too when she can't get EVERYTHING she wants right away for nothing or when she toils away at something that will never happen for months or years and then realizes she has to start over by doing it a better more steady way.

Vote: NO, as the game will be better in the long run with these changes... especially after the OP and all the others rage quit. Do you know how I know it will be better? Because they have been doing this for a long time and all of you cry babies have zero experience, but Monday morning quarter back the you own the place...
----------------------------

I can tell your of very limited experience I'n mmos
When Fan based mmos like (star trek ) destroy there
Loyal Fan base with bad decisions the game usually
Dies
Prime example is star wars galaxies

STO has not went that far and the management is listing
To it's fan base which is VERY positive ( soe ) refused to
Listen and it's CEO was very insulting to the fan base, the mmo
Died.
Hopefully the STO will listen to the rumbles and
Readjust it's goals to be more acceptable to it's players

However if you want to quit with your attitude I am
Sure you won't be missed/ farewell .........
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,544
# 18
11-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
To the person two replies above me...

Accusations of rage. Anger at a simple question of people's opinion. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. This is what the community has come to. What do we have left when we've come to raging at someone's point of view? Where was I whining? Where was I raging? Where was I talking of quitting? Do you even know where you're coming from?

Is this really what we have come to?
What you read as anger, I typed as strong disapproval.

Emotion tends not to translate well through text, though, so the mistake is understandable.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 383
# 19
11-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Yes, return to Season 6.
Season 7 is very disappointing.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,781
# 20
11-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
What you read as anger, I typed as strong disapproval.

Emotion tends not to translate well through text, though, so the mistake is understandable.
Actually I was talking to the person above your reply, you had a calm opinion on the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 PM.