Captain
# 31
11-18-2012, 01:17 AM
i dunno, it still sounds a little harsh with the badmouthing of your own wife and seems a bit angry in general. While people may be complaining, there are those that offer legitimate feedback as well as alternatives and counterpoint of opinion with out being as insulting or angry sounding. Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to your own opinion here, there's just no need to be so mad about others expressing theirs.

Personally like i said in my previous post, it's primarly one or two things i didn't really like as well as a less wasteful way of doing it.
Career Officer
# 32
11-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
y'all really don't have much else to stand on and should just pipe down or leave.
Ahhh the 'ol "shut up or leave" line of logic. Perhaps you should apply that to threads you don't like reading.
Joined August 2008
Captain
# 33
11-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Enough of talking everything down already! I don't like the decrease in rewards and the increase in dilithium costs either. But the new content IS good. In fact everything the developers actually put work in is fine: the Romulan missions (ground and space), New Romulus, the new ships, the new sector block yes even the reputation system. Reading all this whining, raging and "I quit" threads would make you think there's nothing good about the new season at all!
Commander
# 34
11-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Personally I pretty much LOVE the changes in S7. Is it perfect? No. Have they put some systems in place to be able to keep moving forward and adding content? Yes.

It seems to me the only thing to really complain about is dilithium changes, and yet, I am easily making the dilith cap and more while being able to play more types of content. The KEY to S7 being a success IMO is that they stick with the systems they have in place and don't make any more radical changes. If the devs continue to listen to the actual FEEDBACK adn implement minor changes as needed, the framework they have in place now should be able to stay in place for a long time.

Maybe I am overly affected by the fact that I find the Vault Ensnared to be the best instance they have made yet, and the fact that I can have my Peregrine always at the ready, and that I can access the Omega Store and the Romulan Store from anywhere I want to, and everyone who works for it can have the MK XII Sets of their choice without having to spam an instance they hate, and that all the new missions have my fleetmates teaming up and playing together more than they ever did before, and massive reduction in resources needed to build the starbase, and I can run the STFs and Romulan missions that I like and avoid the ones I don't ... and ... and .. and.

I assure you, once the vets are caught up in the rep system so they can get yet another MK XII set for the newest BOFF on the roster without having to run IGE over and over and over and over again, I think you will see very few complaints.
Lieutenant
# 35
11-18-2012, 03:16 AM
I wouldn't be able to say a definite yes or no. Some of S7 is good, but alot of it is either bad (the dil reductions and "shuffling" even tho apparently they were worried we weren't refining enough of the stuff. Yeah boggles me the lack of common sense on that one too.), or not what was expected (the rep system in this case).

In all reality so far the only thing that apparently is working 100% correctly is the Switch Character button they added. God I love that button.
Rihannsu
# 36
11-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Not at all.

Other than the bugs which are getting annoying, and end game gear costing dilithium which is kinda sucky, im enjoying season 7 a huge amount.

i was getting burned out with season 6 and now im spending much more time in game. the complaints about dilithium are not treading water with me, as a lot of the exploits have gone forcing me to find other ways by playing the game, and its been fun to do so. playing the nagus dailies was a nice quick way to earn marks and dilithium but it was also very dull.

ive been playing old content that i had not touched in months. new romulus is pretty decent. i actually like the reputation system, as i like having clear defined progression over random chance. all in all im happy.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 37
11-18-2012, 03:53 AM
No, I wouldn't. The game is in a much better place looking towards the future,

There are a couple minor things I'd change, but most of the nonsense in this forum is extremely shortsighted.

Last edited by xantris; 11-18-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 38
11-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Yes absolutely!!! You can keep the new Romulus stuff, but I want a rewards system that makes sense. I want STFs back to normal with dil and drops. I want the Doff system restored to pre-season 7, and while we're at it, as a gesture of good will, you can eliminate the unreplicable materials from crafting. Don't worry about dilithium prices, your base and embassy will make sure the price of dilithium stays sky high. In fact if the exchange trends keep going the way they are, governments will start backing their own currency in STO dilithium (joke)
Career Officer
# 39
11-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
i dunno, it still sounds a little harsh with the badmouthing of your own wife and seems a bit angry in general.
Jees you don't have to make it sound like a beat her.... lol. You're taking the insane wife gag just a bit too seriously. I mean you can't believe everything you read on the internet... and she's alright I guess. We've been together for a bit more than a year and I've known her since 9th grade, but in 9th grade she had these big ugly glasses and if you had asked me if I was going to marry her then... I would have laughed you out of the classroom... but enough about how ugly she was lol... somehow between then and now she managed to get unbeaten by the ugly stick, maybe it was just the glasses? I mean, you could burn ants in the sun with them...

I would throw myself in front of a train for her (don't call the suicide hotline on me...) though she is just a bit naggy. Perhaps I should have described a spoiled rotten 7 year old character instead of a crazy wife for the original description about how everyone still posting like they can make a difference about Season 7 is worried about nothing as the worst has been corrected or is a whiner... which I think I pretty much nailed down in the subsequent posts thereafter. The bratty "I want it now" rich girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory would have fit well in the same example. I don't have one of those yet, she's only two months old right now and definitely wont be rich unless she finds a sucker to marry... haha
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-18-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 40
11-18-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Y'all are starting to sound like my wife. She likes to complain too when she can't get EVERYTHING she wants right away for nothing
Are you married to the STO forums?

Short answer: no.

Why? Because I think the quality of the new content is worth the minor drawbacks we have (dilithium gating instead of number of runs gating mostly).