Captain
# 21
11-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
Just goes to show there are trolls even in the most serious of topics.

Season 7 is a game killer. That's not hyperbole. It literally has killed the game for about half of us.

If you don't agree, then you may continue playing the now-empty servers all you want. You may continue paying money to a greedy company intentionally driving a game into the ground. Have fun! I can also offer to kick your crotch for the low low price of $5 per kick! Act now because next month it goes up to $20 for 2 kicks!

So, yeah. Have fun. The rest of us with actual mores and standards will not be with you.

This original post as well as so so many others (even those deleted/hidden by the forum mods) are quite appropriate. The devs are at such a disconnect with their playerbase that it has become catastrophic. I haven't logged in for days, and I normally play each of my 4 characters a little bit each day. I am not alone.

The discontent has grown so great I don't even think removing ALL of the patch and reverting to purely Season6 code would help. The damage is done. The last veil of legitimacy on the part of the game devs has been shed. They are PWE shills, nothing more.
They're hardly empty. It's not my fault you're going into empty instances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Its worth noting that pre-Season 7, the daily steam users for STO were around 1 thousand, after Season 7 its about 3 thousand. Steam users don't represent the full playerbase, but if that shows a three-fold increase, then its reasonable to assume that - at least for now - Season 7 is not killing the game, and that the servers are far from empty. Facts > Hyperbole.
As has been stated in above posts, the Steam count doesn't mean ANYTHING. But yeah, I agree that the servers are far from empty, as I said above.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 22
11-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Some excellent and thoughtful posts here. Thank you for your support everyone. I have a general question and I would appreciate a private message about it. Is there a way to post graphs? I believe in showing my work regarding the exchange history. If someone else has a site they wouldn't mind me posting on, i'd be happy to post and calculate your exchange data so that I can prove that I'm not an outlier.
Captain
# 23
11-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Just goes to show there are trolls even in the most serious of topics.

Season 7 is a game killer. That's not hyperbole. It literally has killed the game for about half of us.

If you don't agree, then you may continue playing the now-empty servers all you want. You may continue paying money to a greedy company intentionally driving a game into the ground. Have fun! I can also offer to kick your crotch for the low low price of $5 per kick! Act now because next month it goes up to $20 for 2 kicks!

So, yeah. Have fun. The rest of us with actual mores and standards will not be with you.

This original post as well as so so many others (even those deleted/hidden by the forum mods) are quite appropriate. The devs are at such a disconnect with their playerbase that it has become catastrophic. I haven't logged in for days, and I normally play each of my 4 characters a little bit each day. I am not alone.

The discontent has grown so great I don't even think removing ALL of the patch and reverting to purely Season6 code would help. The damage is done. The last veil of legitimacy on the part of the game devs has been shed. They are PWE shills, nothing more.

This is a game forum. 95% of posts are negative regardless of the games situation. Game forums are where people come to ***** and complain.

Right now I'm looking at a ESD packed full of ships. Ad I haven't been able to get in a damn tholian alert all day because too many people are queueing into the zone(fix it cryptic, this has been a problem with alert for a while now)

As to the OPs post, the dilithium requirement is small and this post is ridiculous, it takes 10 minutes to earn 1k dilithium

Last edited by xantris; 11-18-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 24
11-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
This is a game forum. 95% of posts are negative regardless of the games situation. Game forums are where people come to ***** and complain.

Right now I'm looking at a ESD packed full of ships. Ad I haven't been able to get in a damn tholian alert all day because too many people are queueing into the zone(fix it cryptic, this has been a problem with alert for a while now)

As to the OPs post, the dilithium requirement is small and this post is ridiculous, it takes 10 minutes to earn 1k dilithium
Spoken like a PWE sock account. Give my regards to your supervisor.
Captain
# 25
11-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
Spoken like a PWE sock account. Give my regards to your supervisor.
I'm missing a paycheck then. Also, you're pathetic. Check my posting history and you'll see I was ranting over dilithium reductions to STFs a couple days ago.
Career Officer
# 26
11-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I'm missing a paycheck then. Also, you're pathetic. Check my posting history and you'll see I was ranting over dilithium reductions to STFs a couple days ago.
Ah argumentum ad hominem now is it? That's the lamest yet. You're a write off, dismissed out of hand.
Commander
# 27
11-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
When I'll have the EXACT equivalent of drops & awards in Dil , EDC , Rare & Proto Tech from 2-4 hours of S.6 STF game play ... -- then I'll consider the "STF's restored" .

I'm not asking for "more" .
I'm asking for what was before , because you (Cryptic) have not given me any reason not to ask for that .
Don't forget EC from item drops too, its the backbone of EC economy in STO.

Quote:

It is a game killer. Before S7 I was spending time in this game, now I log in to refine stockpiled dil and check if anything changed for better. When I run out of unrefined dil, I will make a decision if I am to stay or just find another game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
They're hardly empty. It's not my fault you're going into empty instances.
Really? Before S7 almost every sector block had 2 or 3 instances, now there are single ones, with rarely more than 40 players.

As for "ESD packed full of ships" - this is caused more be DS9's death as social zone than anything else.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Career Officer
# 28
11-18-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
Don't forget EC from item drops too, its the backbone of EC economy in STO.

It is a game killer. Before S7 I was spending time in this game, now I log in to refine stockpiled dil and check if anything changed for better. When I run out of unrefined dil, I will make a decision if I am to stay or just find another game.

Really? Before S7 almost every sector block had 2 or 3 instances, now there are single ones, with rarely more than 40 players.

As for "ESD packed full of ships" - this is caused more be DS9's death as social zone than anything else.

Careful devs, trolls and socks, this post contains facts.
Captain
# 29
11-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
Ah argumentum ad hominem now is it? That's the lamest yet. You're a write off, dismissed out of hand.
You're not even good at this. Have fun.
Ensign
# 30
11-18-2012, 03:43 AM
I have to agree with a great deal of the OP comments. A new season, with new content. I had high hopes.

The rep system is, to say the least, a pain in the posterior. Huge timesink and Dilithium sink.

Most MMOs have reputation as a passive gain, generated through stuff you're having some fun with anyway. Instead Cryp have gone the route of overly complicating it.

Before S7 I'd pretty much stopped playing again. I started S7 and within a few days I find myself at the stage of not bothering to logon most days as it is simply far too much hassle to get anything done.

Projects that last days (and thus stymie my progress) are not a good way to get people repeat playing.

And nerfing the rewards on ESTFs? Why?? We used to get: an Item (random from table but including the chance of mkXII drop), dilithium (a decent amount, I could actually generate my daily amount in the playtime I have available), tokens of some cumulative value....oh and a lockbox but lets not get into those eh?

Now we get........Marks, a little Dilithium and a single collectible token. And that's only on ESTF, normals get no token.

The overall reward against time formula is now completely stuffed. So it's no longer worth putting my time into it.